It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The walking dead season 7 episode 10

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Who watched last nights episode of TWD?
If so what do you think about it?

I sort of had a Planet of the apes nostalgia hit me.
Or maybe I was reminded of Captain Kirk going hand to hand in a gladiator style fight with the lizard people.
Either way, I don't like how the writers made this group of junk yard savages, that speak in broken language.

I know the Whisperers in the comics, have their own way of speaking and sort of live this odd hierarchy lifestyle.

So at first I thought, are the writers going to replace the Whisperers with the garbage pail kids? But then it got me thinking...
The Whisperers don't show up in the comics till what Would equate, at the very least, the very end of season 8 in the show, but most likely mid season 9. There's still a large amount of material to pull from the comics that would ruin TWD canon, if they didn't follow it, that happens after all out war.
In fact I wouldn't be surprised if the show dragged out the rest of this season with just the planning and grouping phase of preparation before taking on the saviours, leaving us on a giant cliff hanger again - as is common in the comics.
Then having the better part of season 8 being the war between the groups and saviours.

Also, who's to say this junkyard gang is going to side with the "good" communities.
What if the saviours end up running into them and make them join them in their compound.
I know the leader of the JYG (junkyard gang) said their group doesn't like to work for their supplies, they rather wait and have someone else do the work, then they move in and steal them.

However, the saviours operate on an earned point system- everyone has to work their butt off daily. So that sort of takes the wind out of that idea.

Anyways, what are your thoughts or ideas on what will take place for the remainder of season 7?
Is the rest of this season just going to be build up until season 8 for an all out war?

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

I predict many episodes with a lot of talking followed by a finale with a big fight and a cliffhanger ending.

Like every other GD season or half-season.

Every year I love sitting down to watch the show, then I get annoyed with it, and then I wish it would hurry up and come back off break.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6
Yup I know the feeling.
It's like they intentionally include so much filler and side tales, just to keep us watching.
when really, they could just focus on the actual group and release one hell of an episode each week.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I got the feeling last night, call it a realization, if you will.
For some reason, I saw all the different groups in the show, past and present, as "countries"
Each one with a ruler, of group of rulers.
I couldn't help but think, that Rick is just as bad as any of the other rulers/dictators of different groups that we perceive as "evil"
If the show was through the eyes of a different group, we would see Rick and his group as a very scary group of people, with an insane leader. Kind of like we viewed the governor in past seasons.

Now, he is gathering up other countries to to to war with the saviors.
Pretty interesting to view the show from different lenses from time to time.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: o0oTOPCATo0o
Oh heck yes.
The "good" guys are no better then the saviours, or any of the other groups.
They each are willing to do what ever it takes to survive.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I enjoy the show, but get frustrated with the way they drag stuff out. Without a doubt the entire rest of this season will be a build up to next season and all out war, although I think they will drag it out to the last half of season 8. I dont think in the comics the all female community is really ever mentioned other than to trade with them, but it looks like they will bring them in for the guns.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: coop039

That's my biggest gripe with the show. I get stoked for each new season, then three episodes in it's like "okay, can we be done with monologues and do something now?" It seems like there's hardly any progression from one episode to the next and then bam, one or two episodes of absolutely full-tilt, headlong rush to......

a cliffhanger.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

at least we get more than 10 episodes. Game of Trhones pulls the same crap with only 10 episodes.

Sons of Anarchy was real bad about it, too.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   

I'm not as impressed as I used to be but, still a fan.
I agree that the writers drag things out, unnecessarily IMO.

The JYG folks are scary not only because they are mopey and just freaky (the leader especially) but, WTH?! with the 'test'?
Scary...they'll turn in the end, I think and the King's people will turn on the saviors.

I loved the Daryl/Carol reunion as they are both original bad asses. Loved Daryl defending her to Richard (?). He's (Richard) a wuss and I expect him to be one of the first to go when the SHTF. I liked his character (Richard) initially but, he sort of showed his 'true colors' last night and well...pfft done with him.

I miss SAMCRO also!

edit on 20-2-2017 by TNMockingbird because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird
Ya their like a bunch of emo teenagers waiting for their parents to cook dinner. Lol

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
a reply to: TNMockingbird
Ya their like a bunch of emo teenagers waiting for their parents to cook dinner. Lol

Ahhhh!

The familiarity...makes sense now.

LMAO

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 07:23 AM
link   

It hit me hard at the end of last week with Rick's creepy smile at the end...

It was almost like he was thinking, "Ahh, yes.. More people to take under my control. They will make good soldiers to do my bidding." (evil laugh follows)

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Did anybody else notice the airplane flying in the background while rick stood on the garbage heap?
Google it if you missed it!

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 11:55 PM
link   

what if its a foreshadow?

Yeah, probably a mistake. Funny one though.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I just read that it was a bird.

Pretty large bird, but a bird nonetheless.
All well, looking forward to this Sunday's episode.

Btw, I sent you a pm

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I just read that it was a bird.

Pretty large bird, but a bird nonetheless.
All well, looking forward to this Sunday's episode.

Btw, I sent you a pm

I read that as well. Sorta disappointed as that could have made for an interesting new plot direction...

Perhaps I missed it but, remember when everyone was gung ho (I think when Eugene arrived on scene) about getting to DC and such?
Has it been decided that there is no point?

Anyway, if there was a zombie apocalypse I would much prefer viewing it from the sky.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Due to a dispute with my cable company and the increased cost of AMC, IFC, and a couple others, my cable company dropped them all. I am not current on Season 7 and only half way through season six.

The scene is when Rick climbs on top of the garbage pile. Behind him something flies by. Since you watched (this goes out to all watching)... did you see it??

disclose.tv - Millions Saw A UFO In 'The Walking Dead' Last Sunday.

google search tearm: ufo walking dead

top topics

join