It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about post lenght and sources

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I'd like to know what's the general opinion about post lenght. Some members over at the Cryptozoology Board have asked me to post something about the Yeti. I have an article, written by myself, that I can use right away. The main problem is that it's pretty long. I don't want to either be tedious, or to abuse other members' time and broadband, so I am considering breaking it up in a number of posts to be used under the same topic. Will this work? Other question: the aforementioned article has plenty of sources, but they are all either periodicals or books. This reflects the reality of my research, since I only used "paper souces" when I wrote it down. Most of Internet sources on the topic are very low quality and I simply don't have the time to surf through them all to pick up the few gems. What's your advise?
Regards.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Chunk it in small hunks; one idea at a time, no more than 5 paragraphs.

Long texts just don't get read. Eyeballs cross after about 2 screens' worth, and the points get lost ... there's no good way to reply to 8 or 10 different themes that may exist in a single long document. So it's courteous and a better way of dialoguing if you summarize your points and work with that and add in points from your longer paper as you go.

But a long essay... no.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Thanks for the reply. It's absolutely not a long essay, but it's surely a bit longer than the average topic. I'll split it up and post it a bit at the time.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 09:02 PM
link   
you havnt seen the last of me
nothing is safe
change is coming

--CRAYONE1--
hxr4lf

top topics

join