It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rosetta Stoned

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   
One day a friend of the band Tool came into the studio and told them about an abduction experience he had. Naturally Maynard was so inspired by the story he wrote a song about it. Danny Carey (drummer) said "the horror in his voice said it all, something strange had happened to him". The guy obviously had a bad trip.

With Tools awesome talent they set the stage for the song with the "Lost Keys" intro and proceed to tell the story with "Rosetta Stoned". Listen below, the video has the lyrics in it as it is hard to keep up with the fast paced beginning.

An awesome song and and cool story. Fun to imagine if it were true.

Moral of the story is to always remember your pen.

For those who don't like this music (you must be nuts if you don't like tool
) I will put the lyrics below the video so you can read them.

Lost keys is just a nurse and doctor talking about a patient that wont speak to anyone with some music playing in the background. The Doctor ask him what happened Then the song starts.

Rosetta Stoned:

Alright then, picture this if you will:
10 to 2 AM, X, Yogi '___', and a box of Krispy Kremes, in my "need to know" pose, just outside of Area 51.
Contemplating the whole "chosen people" thing with just a flaming stealth banana split the sky like one would hope but never really expect to see in a place like this.
Cutting right angle donuts on a dime and stopping right at my Birkenstocks, and me yelping...
Holy #ing #!

Then the X-Files being, looking like some kind of blue-green Jackie Chan with Isabella Rossellini lips and breath that reeked of vanilla Chig Champa,
Did a slow-mo Matrix descent out of the butt end of the banana vessel and hovered above my bug-eyes, my gaping jaw, and my sweaty L. Ron Hubbard upper lip and all I could think was: "I hope Uncle Martin here doesn't notice that I pissed my #in' pants."

So light in his way,
Like an apparition,
He had me crying out,
"# me,
It's gotta be,
Deadhead Chemistry,
The blotter got right on top of me,
Got me seein' E-mother#in'-T!"

www.azlyrics.com...

edit on 19-2-2017 by FauxMulder because: (no reason given)

MOD NOTE...added source and TAGS for lyrics...and trimmed the lyrics

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

Other than the overly long and repetitive intro, 3 mins? I must say I enjoyed it and got a chuckle or two out of listening to it. The whole mental health system aspect of how the mental health community would react to this was a hoot!

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Haha! Yea most Tool songs are over 10 minuets. The music is like a journey definitely progressive style and gets better and better as the songs go. Not a band you would passively listen too.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   

I concur. Tool, IMHO, is a modern day Pink Floyd.

Some music is meant to be tasted. Some is meant to be chewed.

And then, you have Tool. It is meant to be fully tasted, chewed, and digested. Only then can you appreciate the true wonder of what they are saying.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Love me some TOOL.
In my younger years I would have consider myself obsessed.
Tho I must admit I never heard the background story behind the song.. where did you read it?

I always loved the song... To me it shows Maynard's sense of humor.. the irony of a tripped out hippy having this huge crazy experience that ends with him being the messiah but he's too stoned to remember! Ahh snip the bed!

Also why snip out the Yogi DM tea? It's relaxing blend of herbal tea that can be bought at any super market..

See what I mean?

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: SteamyJeans

I had always heard / read that it was actually about Maynard and a bad trip he had while in Australia and wound up in the hospital sh&*ing the bed. Hence the Australian doctor. But then I came across a video of Danny talking about it. Turns out it was a friend that told them the story.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   
It can get sticky out thar.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Thanks for the video!

I got to see Danny's band Volto! In a small Detroit club with about 30 people. The guy always smiles and is a real joy to watch play.

Maynard is interesting but I think I'd rather share a beer with Danny.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: SteamyJeans

Haha! Yea he seems like the complete opposite of Maynard. Maynard comes off as a dick but all the fans still love him anyway. Would be interesting to hang out with any of them. Here's a bonus for ya, Danny playing with Neal Peart!

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   
That one I have seen... there's a cool drum off video out there Danny vs Brann from Mastodon..

Have you read Maynard's book? I enjoyed it...especially as an artist/musician/ entrepreneur type lots of good talk about staying focused in goals, thinking independently, taking long hard rd instead of shortcuts, etc...

doesn't make him come off as any more friendly, but he is a smart, hardworking dud.

new topics

top topics

join