It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The day I got a free car

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Just wanted to throw this out there.

A few years ago before attending the University of Arizona, I helped a produce manager at a local supermarket. The work was pretty basic, cull the vegetables, make sure there were no annoying flies/insects near the fruit section, give samples to customers...etc.

The produce section of the supermarket was operated by a young couple (maybe in their early thirties). They were pretty quiet and kept to themselves. Everyday they would just come to work, spark up a small conversation and just work intensely for a few hours, then let me handle the rest.

Anyway, one day the guy told me that him and his wife were only working at the supermarket in order to save up enough money for an expedition to the North Pole. Pretty bizarre vacation if you ask me. So I questioned why, and they told me this:

They have undeniable evidence that at each of the earth's pole...well, let me figure out how to explain this first...

Ok, first the guy told me that no explorer has ever truly explored the North/South poles because as one gets closer to the poles, the magnetic force exerted from these poles alter the direction of the compass.

For example, let's say...Pisky and I took an expedition down to the North Pole. After a night of drunken antics, we finally arrive at the 'starting point' of the North pole.

Now Pisky has a compass, he wants to hit the pole dead on. So he pulls out his compass and begins to follow it ‘North’. What happens is that he will actually circumnavigate the pole. He will never be directly in it due to the great magnetic force that is exerted from the pole to his compass.

Now if I somehow just walked straight without using the aid of a compass (not sure how I would do that, then I would actually enter the pole.

Hope that helped because I’m typically absolute garbage with explaining stories handed down.

Anyway, the next thing he told me blew me away. He stated that once you actually get to the North/South Pole it is not a frozen wasteland, but a lush, fruitful garden. I somewhat forgot how he explain this to me, but it has to do something with a direct vent from the earth’s core to the pole. He said it was just absolutely beautiful and he’s seen pictures.

Now wait, the story gets a little crazier. In this lush garden lives these 8-9 foot tall human beings. Yes, I know, it’s like verbal sandpaper, hard to swallow. He explained the reason why these humans are ‘giants’ is because of some gravitation alteration that occurs at these poles.

So just imagine how I felt after he told me this story. I mean, how could you wash strawberries when someone proclaims that our perception of the earth is completely wrong. Of course, I didn’t believe him for the longest, actually we didn’t even talk about it anymore. Just that once.

Well, about four months later I find a note and a small box on the produce chopping board. The letter was simple, ‘We are off to live amongst the giants. Here is a gift, I wont be needing it anymore’. I open the box and there was a small snow globe of ‘The North Pole’. But that wasn’t the real gift. Near the note were a set of keys…to his 94 green Mustang. The car doesn’t even work anymore (but it did when he gave it to me), but nevertheless it was a sure sign that he and his wife were off on their voyage.

Have any of you heard anything similar? I mean give me the ATS rundown. I can’t believe I didn’t share this story with you guys earlier.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 06:47 AM
link   
That's a pretty cool story, i don't really buy into the 8-9 foot tall giants but its amazing that they could just up and leave for something they believe in.

But doesn't a compass point to magnetic north rather than the actual north pole. The magnetic north is somewhere over Canada i think.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Simulacra - IMHO you got lucky enough to befreind a couple lunatics before they killed themselves.
Lets face it we have some pretty damn good satelite pictures of the poles and I have yet to see any trees, jungles, dinosurs, saber ttoth cats or x-men there.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I agree, the lunatic theory would explain a lot. But, it would also disregard a lot. These people were so authentic about their voyage. It's hard to convey over a keyboard but when this guy told me what he planned to do, he had so much passion in his voice that I was nearly moved.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Actually I would think that would support the lunatik theory. The fact that they were that passionate means they believed it totally. I am not arguing whther they were sincere in thier beliefs or not, you would know that better than I. But how does thier passion discount them being lunatiks?

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwm1331
But how does thier passion discount them being lunatiks?

True. A organization comes to mind www.heavensgate.com...

Law of Parsimony applies here.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Well, here's the north pole...

I don't see too much other than snow and ice. Must have been a freak winter storm that covered up that lush oasis they told you about

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Simulacra, your friends were talking about the "Hollow Earth" theory. I would provide links for you, but there are too many to list. You can do a search on; Hollow Earth, giants, -ufo

My Dad heard about this years ago. I have read several things about it. I wish I could say it was totaly insane, but the more I read about it the more it made since. Basicly to sum it up, The earth's make-up is like an atom. Solid sphere with a "bright star" in the middle that produces energy, warmth and a "perfect climate. The perfect climate creates a lush environment, large trees large fruit and large people (giants) who's life span is like 600-1000 years. There have been people who have traveled to the North pole in hopes to see it a few have claimed to. THat is supposedly why they started going to the North Pole to begin with. Anyway there are reports from quite a few that when they were getting close they noticed that birds were flying north. THey saw that as odd as anyone would so they asked the few locals they could find about it. Who told them that at the top of the world there is an area where it is warm and green. Some have confirmed it, but they are all looked at as "crazies". The truth is they dont know if the earth is solid or hollow. It is a theory either way. Most all ancient civilizations believed in a hollow earth though. So, I chalange you to read about it and draw your own conclusion. Some say it is lunacy, but there again it was crazy to think the earth was round.

E_T

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Simulacra
Yes, I know, it’s like verbal sandpaper, hard to swallow.
More like bucket of monomethylhydrazine and nitrogen tetroxide.

Originally posted by mrsdudara
The truth is they dont know if the earth is solid or hollow. It is a theory either way.
Earth isn't hollow... only heads of some people.
Behaving of seismic waves doesn't allow it to be hollow... neither would gravity which would cause immediate implosion of Earth without solid matter under crust.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
-Albert Einstein

"Consistency is contrary to nature, contrary to life. The only completely consistent people are dead."
-Aldous Huxley

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrsdudara
The truth is they dont know if the earth is solid or hollow. It is a theory either way.

Earth isn't hollow... only heads of some people.
Behaving of seismic waves doesn't allow it to be hollow... neither would gravity which would cause immediate implosion of Earth without solid matter under crust.

Thanks for the compliment!

Anyway, all I am saying is that with out proof that the earth is solid, then the earth being hollow is just as possiable. If however you are able to prove that the earth is solid, I would honestly love to hear it. You would be the first in history to do so.

Science is learning about what already exists. If you dont keep an open mind, then we will never know the truth. Luckly, Einstein, and all the wonderful scientists through history were not closed minded. They knew that anything was possible unless there was solid proof to back it up. I would find it hard to prove something without studing it from all angles first.

As for the gravity causing the earth to implode, they give a good reason as to why that does not happen. I will find some good sites and post them after the kids go to bed, if anyone is interested.

[edit on 31-1-2005 by mrsdudara]

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Just wanted to throw this out there.

A few years ago before attending the University of Arizona, I helped a produce manager at a local supermarket. The work was pretty basic, cull the vegetables, make sure there were no annoying flies/insects near the fruit section, give samples to customers...etc.

The produce section of the supermarket was operated by a young couple (maybe in their early thirties). They were pretty quiet and kept to themselves. Everyday they would just come to work, spark up a small conversation and just work intensely for a few hours, then let me handle the rest.

Anyway, one day the guy told me that him and his wife were only working at the supermarket in order to save up enough money for an expedition to the North Pole. Pretty bizarre vacation if you ask me. So I questioned why, and they told me this:

They have undeniable evidence that at each of the earth's pole...well, let me figure out how to explain this first...

Ok, first the guy told me that no explorer has ever truly explored the North/South poles because as one gets closer to the poles, the magnetic force exerted from these poles alter the direction of the compass.

For example, let's say...Pisky and I took an expedition down to the North Pole. After a night of drunken antics, we finally arrive at the 'starting point' of the North pole.

Now Pisky has a compass, he wants to hit the pole dead on. So he pulls out his compass and begins to follow it ‘North’. What happens is that he will actually circumnavigate the pole. He will never be directly in it due to the great magnetic force that is exerted from the pole to his compass.

Now if I somehow just walked straight without using the aid of a compass (not sure how I would do that, then I would actually enter the pole.

Hope that helped because I’m typically absolute garbage with explaining stories handed down.

Anyway, the next thing he told me blew me away. He stated that once you actually get to the North/South Pole it is not a frozen wasteland, but a lush, fruitful garden. I somewhat forgot how he explain this to me, but it has to do something with a direct vent from the earth’s core to the pole. He said it was just absolutely beautiful and he’s seen pictures.

Now wait, the story gets a little crazier. In this lush garden lives these 8-9 foot tall human beings. Yes, I know, it’s like verbal sandpaper, hard to swallow. He explained the reason why these humans are ‘giants’ is because of some gravitation alteration that occurs at these poles.

So just imagine how I felt after he told me this story. I mean, how could you wash strawberries when someone proclaims that our perception of the earth is completely wrong. Of course, I didn’t believe him for the longest, actually we didn’t even talk about it anymore. Just that once.

Well, about four months later I find a note and a small box on the produce chopping board. The letter was simple, ‘We are off to live amongst the giants. Here is a gift, I wont be needing it anymore’. I open the box and there was a small snow globe of ‘The North Pole’. But that wasn’t the real gift. Near the note were a set of keys…to his 94 green Mustang. The car doesn’t even work anymore (but it did when he gave it to me), but nevertheless it was a sure sign that he and his wife were off on their voyage.

Have any of you heard anything similar? I mean give me the ATS rundown. I can’t believe I didn’t share this story with you guys earlier.

Sounds like a bad acid trip to me.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Did this guy have any sort of "proof" to show you? I'm wondering why he was in the "know" but noone else. How were they planning on getting there, and if, as you say, the compass stops working, then how would they get there? Im curious...

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by spliff4020
Did this guy have any sort of "proof" to show you?

He claimed he did but I just disregarded the subject. He only told me once.

I'm wondering why he was in the "know" but noone else.

He actually told me that there is lots of evidence suggesting his claims in literature and in history books.

How were they planning on getting there, and if, as you say, the compass stops working, then how would they get there? Im curious...

He was going with an expedition of people that also believed in the theory. Not sure how they were going to get passed the entire 'compass ordeal'.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 01:44 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

theres ONE thread by Simon Grey about Hollow Earth........

Heres ANOTHER.........
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Good stuff can be found in key word searches
just sayin........

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess
Good stuff can be found in key word searches
just sayin........

In my original post, I never even mentioned 'Hollow Earth'.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 01:54 AM
link   

It would never happen - After six pints of Cornish cider I wouldn't be able to work the compass and would find the pole by accident

Actually, I've heard of a map that supposedly shows Antarctica before it was covered with ice. Maybe they heard of something similar about the North Pole.

Piri Reis Map
Piri Reis Project

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 08:44 AM
link   
How about the couple were just playing a game?

Maybe they got a real kick out of telling people wild and incredible stories wondering just how far they could go before the person they were talking to told them 'no way' or 'get the f*ck out of here'.

What do you think?
Could it have been an amusing case of mild pisser-pulling, hmm?

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I saw the link below before I read this story on ATS, ironic!
www.cbsnews.com...
Makes you think, warm polar caps might be possible, but exploration and satilites say not so! "Dang technology always ruins the fun"

Hollow earth? Physics say no, a denser stucture is created by the collective mass of objects. Sea level you can swim in the water, dive into the abyss and your tender little body will squish like a grape.

The question is Nickel, Tunstun, Iron, Gold, a great big spherical diamond? Whatever it is, it's under a lot of pressure. Gravity is a result of the collective mass, not just a core thus all things are drawn to a central point.

"Watch where you step,you may fall in".

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by sminkeypinkey
How about the couple were just playing a game?

Maybe they got a real kick out of telling people wild and incredible stories wondering just how far they could go before the person they were talking to told them 'no way' or 'get the f*ck out of here'.

Keep in mind that they gave me there only working car. These people worked in produce, they were neither rich nor overly complicated. No possible way were these people playing a game on me. Whatever they left for they whole-heartedly believed in.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 04:05 AM
link   
How could there be pictures of the oasis if no one has ever been there

top topics

<<   2 >>

join