It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does ATS Require a Verified Social Network Account for Signing Up?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: pfishylives

Springer, Crakeur, or DJarums are your best bet.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Outstanding. Many thanks.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   
shortly after 911 All sites like this one had CIA over watching it.
now ATS is controlled by them. just like china.
If I lose my mobile, I can not use most of the things on the web.
I need my mobile to read my E-mails.

you can make a secret face book account easily.
from another country find some company.
use that address and make up a name.
use a cheap phone or second hand.
buy a sim card at a shop for cash. UK.
you need to top this up 1 time each year,
or they shut it off. Cash only.

if you get a phone that can use the Internet.
you can use free wifi to sign in to ATS.
(dont let the cctv see you)
ware some thing to brake up your face pattern.
make the facebook and ATS account from the mobile.
be carefull ware you use it. take battery out after.
the new phones will Still let they follow you with NO battery in!
and other info. use a double tinfoil bag.
then the CIA will not be able to track you.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: buddha

All good advice, I suppose. Honestly, though, I have never been worried about a letter agency monitoring my activity on this site and being able to identify me personally as the user. I can understand the reasons why many others do not like that prospect, and I am not trying to diminish the importance of personal liberty and privacy.
But my life, and speaking only for myself, is a magnum opus of vanilla. I am likely one of the least interesting people that anyone monitoring this site's traffic is probably going to come across.
Squeaky wheels, grease, that old chestnut. Sadly, I am also this unremarkable IRL. Well, not sadly I guess. I'm just fine with my life.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I think the worst thing about currently being unable to access my original account is that the one I made for temporary use is, of course, brand new. Which means anything that I post will be by a member with no stars, flags, karma, applause or other history, and thus will be ignored by many others simply for that reason.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: pfishylives
I think the worst thing about currently being unable to access my original account is that the one I made for temporary use is, of course, brand new. Which means anything that I post will be by a member with no stars, flags, karma, applause or other history, and thus will be ignored by many others simply for that reason.

Don't fret. You are well known enough that they will not be a problem. Your friends will support you.

I have been here since 07/01/2009 and trust me, having a history on ATS will not bring you stars, flags or karma. At least not any more. Or maybe it has always been this way.

As you can see from my profile, if stars and flags were why I post to ATS, either I am a glutton for punishment, or I would have given up on the place a long time ago.

edit on 24-2-2017 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Accidentally posted prematurely.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Touche.And thanks for believing in goodness

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: pfishylives
a reply to: buddha

All good advice, I suppose. Honestly, though, I have never been worried about a letter agency monitoring my activity on this site and being able to identify me personally as the user. I can understand the reasons why many others do not like that prospect, and I am not trying to diminish the importance of personal liberty and privacy.
But my life, and speaking only for myself, is a magnum opus of vanilla. I am likely one of the least interesting people that anyone monitoring this site's traffic is probably going to come across.
Squeaky wheels, grease, that old chestnut. Sadly, I am also this unremarkable IRL. Well, not sadly I guess. I'm just fine with my life.

I am not worth the time of the ABC's.
but! what does are future hold for us?
maybe a a evil dictatorship?
and when! that time comes will we still be able to do Any thing?
just look at how the news is being used as a weapon by both sides.
if we had to fight for are freedom could we? no!
because we have let it slip away. we live in a controlled system.
for many years we have Been Been worned what could happen.
and now time is running out. you have seen the sci-fi films.
now you will get to live in one.
freedom will be a fairy tail, a myth.
and if you speak out you are a mentally unstable.
oh! they do that now.......

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Wookiep

Skeptic is doing a little tweaking of things to get the site to run a little smoother. No big deal.

He must be tweaked out of his mind by now.

Temporary my ass.

Looks like google picked up the bill, so Bill don't have to beg no more.
edit on 21-5-2017 by MillennialFalcon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   
The site don't even run smooth.

(post by MillennialFalcon removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Didn't work for me either. I actually had to sign up to Facebook having not used it for a year, just to join :/

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I am so confused about this topic as well. I checked all my email accounts for anything related to this site and no where was there any email from ATS and none of my browsers had saved log-in information in any of my computers, though I have this account.

I also never sign up for social medial (never have b/c I could see the reason for them 17 years ago when they were just a seed in discussion forums).

The thing is I'm looking in my ATS profile for anything that has my email address and it isn't there, nor any social media account. I just want to make sure I know what email address is linked to this account b/c I'm cancelling one domain that I use that has many forums linked to it.

I also need to be able to start my own topics but it seems like it is going to take forever for this to happen.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: SafePlace

That is only if used a social network account to sign up. Re-read it. Makes sense, "To login into ATS first login to your SN account then you access ATS that way" [i.e., you only login in once to your SN, not twice]. If you didn't use one to start with, just login with your username and password.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58
Any idea when email signup will return? I have recommended ATS to someone I know, but he isn’t able to sign up unless he does it through a social media account. Some people won’t use a social media account except sparingly, so limiting ATS to social media signup seems like an odd choice.

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 07:28 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join