It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Steven Hawkings as ATS guest?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I think that it would really be awesome if Steven Hawkings came to ATS as a guest speaker. What do you guys think.

[edit on 30-1-2005 by templersstorms1312]

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Are you kidding me!? That would be totally, completely awesome! I doubt ti will happen...but wouldn't that be something!

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 07:46 PM
link   
"Steven Hawkings as ATS guest"

I thought this was an annoucement and was wondering how ATS pulled that off.
Perhaps you should put a question mark at the end of your title.

I agree it would be a great idea.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 07:49 PM
link   
sorry about the confusion

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I was wondering who slept with who for this one.

Deep

link   
We have disscussed this a couple of times and have even tried to get him, so far without any luck.

link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase
"Steven Hawkings as ATS guest"

I thought this was an annoucement and was wondering how ATS pulled that off.

I too was under the impression that Ats had pulled it off..........the thread title is very misleading.........

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I think it would be awesome if ATS gave it 1 more try, it would be worth it.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 08:21 PM
link   
perhaps he declined because he is already a member.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I doubt stephen hawking would want to be associated with ATS.

I would love it if they got him though, but I wouldn't hold your breath.

Spiderj

Urn

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 09:08 PM
link   
hot damn......that would be dope....

i agree that he probably wouldnt want to be associated with ATS, tis a shame...

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Yeah, i also thought they got it, or was possible. god that would have been awesome. I almost pissed my pants.

That'd be one helluva group to ask him questions. Dibbs.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 11:00 PM
link   
While we're at it, let's bring Einstein back to life and we'll all play 20 questions....

Nice idea....bountiful wish....likeliness equivellent to the flight of modern day swine...

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I think, in truth, that it'd be a colossal waste of his time, which would in itself be a disservice to everyone (not to talk him up too too much, and not to insult the spirit of the forum).

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Nothin wrong with a little wishful thinking...

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I doubt anyone would really want to talk to Steven Hawking nor would he want to talk to us.

Wanting to interview a person with a high understanding of a field like physics is like wanting to inerview a person who's language you don't speak.

At best he'd just have to dumb down every thing, cut out all the math, and say nothing more than he has already put in all his books.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quest
I doubt anyone would really want to talk to Steven Hawking nor would he want to talk to us.

Wanting to interview a person with a high understanding of a field like physics is like wanting to inerview a person who's language you don't speak.

At best he'd just have to dumb down every thing, cut out all the math, and say nothing more than he has already put in all his books.

You kidding me? Steven Hawking is comparable to Einstein, a lot of people are dying to even get a glimpse of him.

Have you read his book "A Brief History in Time," it is incredibly easy to read and understand. Of course you have to know something to understand what he is talking about, but once you understand him you will glad you talked to him.

Surf

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quest

of course let's say after browsing some of the more recent topics, *cough* the earth is hollow *cough*
i think he might be dissuaded just a bit. but there a numerous other physicists with equivalent or a very high understanding whom i am sure would love to be on ATS. Deep down everyone loves publicity
i suggest we get one of the lesser hawkings

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 01:09 AM
link   
yes, I think he'd get real tired real quick of having to re-explain quantum mechanics and string theory and why it can't be used to explain discrepancies in John Titors time travel story, or why it hase nothing to do with Niribu and Reptiloids.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 01:25 AM
link   
He's coming, Hes coming !!!

top topics

join