It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Skeptic and The Ouija

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I am a skeptic. I would need a spirit to sit down beside and say "Yes, there are things beyond your mortal knowledge that exists" for me to be a believer. Something recently happened to me about a year ago. Here are the vitals.

My grandmother will have nothing to do with Ouija boards and having one in the house we rent from her is prohibited. Except I have a 17 year old sister, Em. Em's friend bought a brand new commercial Ouija board and brought it over. Em and two friends used it in our kitchen one night trying to contact a family friend that was recently murdered two blocks away. They claimed it was working and got freaked. I would have nothing to do with it. Em got scared when it spelt out the name of our Uncle whom the other two friends did not even know existed. He also lived in this house once, (And is still alive and well) But was a close friend of the person she had in mind to make contact with. They stop using it.

Fast foward to the next weekend. Em and three other friends. The Ouija still in the household. The female friend had a drink. An innocent alcoholic beverage. She threw up. Almost passed out. Started speaking in tongue and swearing and getting violent. The two male friends got scared. We started to hole up in a room meanwhile, this female was speaking in unidentified languages and throwing things, knocking things over, drooling and stripped down to her underwear. I tried giving her water, but she spit it and cursed me. She was possessed. At 4am the toilet overflowed into the basement and flooded the main floors hallway. As we were dealing with this female and the toilet while the young boys were holed up in a room, I looked down to see the Ouija board. I said to Em, 'GET THAT THING OUT OF THE HOUSE.' She threw it into the backyard in the snow. Almost instantly the toilet stopped overflowing. The young girl gathered her clothes, walked out and went home.

My sister refuses to speak about any of this openly and I am a step closer to the beliver side of this subject of Ouija's being gateways to something.

The girl, we later found out had been off pills for depression. But she is certainly no psychotic and I had seen her drink her face off before and be fine. She is not a drug addict and was about 15 at the time.

I thought I'd share this since I'm looking for people with simalar Ouija experiences. Also, I am a medical student and work in a hospital and am scientifically oriented, although open minded about everything. I'm not just a hick whose seen a UFO after a night of drinking....

Any thoughts on my story or things you could share?

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 03:10 AM
link   
I've heard many similar stories from people I trust fairly well. My only experience was toying around with one as a kid, and nothing particularly bad happened. Still, probably best left alone.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 03:26 AM
link   
I can only go along with what the above poster said.
I can remember playing around with them when I was younger and
pretty much nothing happened, however, I have this friend in Wsconsin,
who was getting into them pretty heavily and from what she told me
some pretty weird stuff started to happen around the house.

In Fact they have since moved that things got so bad apparently,
exactly what happened I'm not sure, I'll have to ask.

So my view is keep away from the things

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Thanks for replying. And I didn't have anything to do with it because I knew/thought it was just one of the kids screwing around. Now adays I enforce the 'No Ouija Rule' in this house same as grandmother.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 07:24 AM
link   
There are several threads already here on this subject...have you tried the search function so you can add to an existing thread?

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 08:32 AM
link   
How do I delete this? I only have so much time.

[edit on 31/1/05 by SecretAgentL]

new topics

top topics

join