It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An interesting discovery on the far side of the moon?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 05:27 AM
link   
I came across this interesting news release concerning possible extraterrestrial structures on the lunar surface, specifically the far side. While I and perhaps countless other intelligent & curious people on this site may know more, this news story has multiple links to back up what's it saying that those who are of a more skeptical nature can and should check out. I think that if we got the straight answer on a LOT of issues, it would probably blow a lot of minds! nexus newsfeed story

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 05:41 AM
link   
a reply to: 1FreeThinker

No need to swallow the clickbait. Here is the image:

As usual, it is a glitch in the digital processing.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 05:56 AM
link   

An interesting discovery on the far side of the moon?

As per the law of headlines formed as a question: No.
And also: No.

DJW001 explains why nicely.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 06:28 AM
link   

there are thousands of interesting things on the far side of teh moon - so i have to wonder why you ignored them all and shared this bollox with ATS ?

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 06:36 AM
link   
What confuses me is what did you think it was?

It doesnt look like anything but a mound of dirt with a gap in the middle, unless its a huge buried tortilla

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

It is not a "digital glitch." There are clear indications of light direction and shadow on the two areas. Those features make them real. What they are is another matter, but definitely not mere glitches.
edit on 9-2-2017 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I really want to believe there is or was someone or something doing unknown work on our moon. This is an interesting photo but no way of knowing if it is a digital artifact or just a natural feature, as opposed to an artificial structure. Who knows? Somebody knows if there are extraterrestrials on the moon, and if there is, they are pretty good at keeping secrets. Is it likely the Russians, Chinese and Americans and anyone else that has sent probes to get close-up pictures of the moon all got together and decided not to tell the public about alien activity?

I recently read Somebody Else is on the Moon by George H. Leonard, which is very interesting. So I don't know. Now that companies are planning missions to the moon, will they keep this a secret?

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

It is not a "digital glitch." There are clear indications of light direction and shadow on the two areas. Those features make them real. What they are is another matter, but definitely not mere glitches.

The problem is, those features are illuminated the same way as the craters, meaning they are concave, not convex. No physical feature could both be concave and tower above its surroundings. Not physical, therefore a glitch.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Why don't we crowdfund a giant rocket with a huge long cable,take it up to the moon and anchor the cable to the moon then pull it round 180 degrees then park it up again?
Anyone up for it?

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

Emphasis for clarity. I see nothing here that is anything other than natural formations.

TheBorg

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBorg

Actually, the original paper makes a much better case for their reality than the sensationalistic "alt-reality" sites using this computer processed image. They may be examples of "chaotic terrain," possibly involving collapsed lava tubes. The exaggeration of the vertical axis in the processed image works against its credibility.

Original paper.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: stealthyaroura
Why don't we crowdfund a giant rocket with a huge long cable,take it up to the moon and anchor the cable to the moon then pull it round 180 degrees then park it up again?
Anyone up for it?

Then the oceans would go backwards.

Think of the dolphins man...

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: stealthyaroura
Anyone up for it?

Could we crowdfund launching a probe with hi-res still and video capabilities to orbit the moon and send back images to us regular folk?

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: AtypicalJ

what do you SERIOUSLY expect to see - that has not already been provided by soviet , american russian chines and japanese missions ?

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

I know, it would be an outrageous expense to just prove the people who claim to be ex-NASA are not being honest who say photos have been air brushed to hide things we are not supposed to see. Why the images from Clementine were so hi secret. Why rolls of Apollo film are missing. It is wishful thinking, but I like to speculate. I do want to believe there is more.

new topics

top topics

join