It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does America Still Exist Without Border Control?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

People will tell you that everything about what you posted is wrong. It excludes the very humanity that made this country what it is. They will never understand why you vehemently support strong borders or the allocation of resources to further strengthen them. They will call you racist and xenophobic.

Then they will return to their tower defense strategy games and brutalize the advancing hordes..

I just agree.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 03:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
Does America Still Exist Without Border Control?

Simple answer; no!
A double edged sword, at best!
One must ask whether this lack of existence is not a 'good/evolutionary' thing?

Same exact question;
Would you still exist without an ego?
After all, is a 'nation' not a metaphor for the individual citizen?
Is it not who we are?

One answer;
No one who has ever transcended the 'ego/thought' has ever regretted having done so.

The ego/thought provides all those terribly important 'boundaries/borders' that define... 'me' (that I would KILL to protect).
What was found is that those 'artificial boundaries' were a bondage keeping 'us' in!
What is experienced on transcending the borders of the ego, is that We are not really 'just' what we imagined ourselves to be, 'us' vs everything else in existence (wall), but We find that We Are Universal!

The 'borders' that you want to strengthen, won't keep people/us out, it will keep you in.
You are being lied to (and your pocket is being picked in the process).
The Truth is Our Universality, not our imagined tiny flint-hearted bit of space allowed within the 'Wall' (tm)!

I've seen all the 'Wall' movies, it NEVER ends well!

All the puzzle pieces are on the table and the results are going to be... painful!
You'll see the picture, eventually. *__-

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 04:26 AM
link   
a reply to: namelesss

What does spiritual growth have to do with national security?

Monks do their studies within the walls of temples.

Priceless antiquities exist through safeguarding.

I'm not against spiritual growth, but frankly none of that happens without a safe space (oh that phrase) with which to practice within.

One leads to another if ya know what I mean.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Imagine if the Native American Indians had instituted strict border control.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

You're the fascists. You guys control all the information and the media, it's your people out destroying property, it's your people out beating people up, it's your people out there suppressing Free Speech. You are the fascists.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 05:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

Do you have any idea how stupid this post is? They did have border control. They would kill you if you entered their territory. They killed each other over entering each other's territory.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 06:29 AM
link   

'Always thought of the America(s) as one. Why else do we call it North America, Central America and South America?

And to further confuse things the whole place from the Arctic Circle/Canada-North to southern Mexico is called "North America". Then at its thinnest width? CENTRAL America. ie: Panama, Costa Rica etc....get to the northern most part of Equador-Columbia and the rest....youve entered SOUTH America.

Perhaps one day....they will become just one long area connected on Earth....and reflect the way its been called, referred to and written about for hundreds or years as one place: "The Americas".

No walls...just one HUGE police -military support organization...tougher rules and laws and enforcement of a much easier flow of movement..

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   
So the arguments here are:

Trump should have added Saudi Arabia to the temp ban.
- I think we can all agree on this. But it still doesn't disagree with what was done.

The ban was "un-Constitutional".
- Okay, so re-word the Temp Ban EO. My guess is it's not at all, and some rogue liberal judge is grasping.
- BUT If you believe this and argue it, then you must also be against Sanctuary Cities. And against not enforcing existing federal immigration laws. Those are clearly "un-Constitutional".

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Yes, American can exist without border control ... if the world becomes unified.

Texas exists just fine with no border control between other states. The EU achieved a very similar result (shaky but developing) where people could freely move between countries with little to no documentation. The single currency was convenient and the traveler and goods traveling across the borders weren't at the mercy of the exchange rate. A similar treaty could, for example, make travel and goods exchange between the US and Canada almost seamless.

England benefited directly from this and will have subsequent problems under Brexit.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

You're the fascists. You guys control all the information and the media, it's your people out destroying property, it's your people out beating people up, it's your people out there suppressing Free Speech. You are the fascists.

It doesn't look like the independents are in charge of this nation republicans are so everything is your fault. That is what you whined while Obama was in office.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

So I have been trying to understand why anyone with any logical thought would be against a temporary ban on immigration from known terrorist countries

What about Saudi Arabia?

Oh, Trump has business interests there, so he cannot stop people from there coming....

It may shock you, but I agree with you and posted as much HERE.

It isn't Trump it is every President since WW2, but it isn't a Partisan thing like you have tried to frame it.

LOL from your OP.

"Even if you disagree with Trumps wall, doing SOMETHING is better than the failed policies of the last 8 (16?) years."

It isn't a partisan thing... LOL you sure about that?

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Isn't is conservatives who always whine and
complain about Nazi comparisons?

Oh, the irony. "You guys," wait.... who, specifically?

Are you saying we here at ATS are responsible?

You seem like a whiny baby. "It's allllll the other sides fault."

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

Do you have any idea how stupid this post is? They did have border control. They would kill you if you entered their territory. They killed each other over entering each other's territory.

Where did you get your knowledge of Native Americans by watching reruns of gunsmoke? Many Native tribes had treaties with each other allowing safe passage through their lands.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I look to my left. I look to my right. Yep, still here, existing in America. Not much different than in 2005, 1995, 1985, etc. I mean there's the internet, but other than that....

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Yes, American can exist without border control ... if the world becomes unified. 

So you ARE a Soros Globalist and don't want America to exist as a sovereign nation. Thank you for your honesty.

I don't want to live in your world. I love my country just fine how it us.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Finally, if you support 'Sanctuary' cities are you an Anarchist or are you just special and get to pick and choose laws which you obey and don't? I am no fan of the Fed's, but I do love America. Without protected borders and enforced immigration policy America is gone. Surely people understand this?

It's a Soros effort to erase ALL borders... to create a western hegemony.

Someday, it may happen on its own but, for now? If he succeeds, the US is, indeed, down the drain.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   

On the first issue why do people have a problem on a temporary ban while we review and implement stronger vetting procedures? Given what is happening in Europe it is only logical we tighten our processes to better adapt to a post 9/11 world.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety"
-Ben Franklin
edit on 8-2-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   

So I have been trying to understand why anyone with any logical thought would be against a temporary ban on immigration from known terrorist countries or a strong border defense.

Saudi Arabia ?

How is this not simply prudent and logical?

Your country is difficult to get in to already , ask anyone from outside of it , you already have procedures in place to stop terrorist getting in which is why you don't really have a terrorist problem like some other counties.

How did you survive before Trumps politics of Fear ?

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

On the first issue why do people have a problem on a temporary ban while we review and implement stronger vetting procedures? Given what is happening in Europe it is only logical we tighten our processes to better adapt to a post 9/11 world.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety"
-Ben Franklin

No U.S. citizen is giving up any Liberty. Nice try though.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join