It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dow and SP500 Crash could start this week

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Hey guys. It isn't really easy to post the data but it is simple to direct you to it. As of today it looks the the daily charts for SP500 and Dow are showing a double top. Basically if these 2 markets don't break the highs they made today within this week then chances become much greater that we are about to begin at least a correction or a possible crash.

The Dow has climbed from 15k to 20k since last Feb. Its an astonishing run up in a short period of time. Personally I feel somehow that stock buybacks are going to be a major catalyst to the next crash.

The snake can only eats it own tale for so long.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: tonycodes

I expect a correction of sorts is coming soon anyways.. and then another "correction" another 7-10 years down the road, and so on... A panicked/bearish market is when a lot of wise money makes money.

edit on 7-2-2017 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   
If enough people believe it is going to crash, then it will. I'm not so sure it will crash. I think the market is a little more stable lately, it will probably just hang around the same point for a while, going up and down. Unless of course, if Trump gets impeachment stuff brought against him, it will most definitely crash.

Maybe it will crash within the next month.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   

It's gonna have to happen sooner or later. I would prefer to get on with it.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 11:11 PM
link   

I don't see a crash maybe a slight correction and then back to a slow climb. You can only get a collapse when you have a trigger mechanism that scares enough people to sell. I don't see that happening in the near future unless the feds decide to hike interest rates 2 percent or more in one year then yes a crash would be imminent.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Its been print to infinity since 2008 which relegates all known evaluation methods prior to this point to history...its not going to crash unless the squid and friends pull the plug
edit on 7-2-2017 by khnum because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   

A crash and a correction are two different market moves. We had a correction February 2016 and another June 2016. The last crash, or Panic we had was October 2008 when over the course of five days the Dow shed 18% and S&P 20%.

We've had over $1.2T of paper wealth added to this market since 11/8/16. If we see a correction like we did February and June 2016 it won't be unusual or unexpected.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: EightAhoy

A crash and a correction are two different market moves. We had a correction February 2016 and another June 2016. The last crash, or Panic we had was October 2008 when over the course of five days the Dow shed 18% and S&P 20%.

We've had over $1.2T of paper wealth added to this market since 11/8/16. If we see a correction like we did February and June 2016 it won't be unusual or unexpected.

I believe the next global crash will come when the Chinese real estate bubble eventually bursts.. everyone will feel it..

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537

I expect a correction of sorts is coming soon anyways.. and then another "correction" another 7-10 years down the road, and so on... A panicked/bearish market is when a lot of wise money makes money.

How does the saying go, "Buy when there's blood in the streets"....?

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Its since stopped climbing and 'stabilized' at its new higher level. Didn't they do that to prove hope and change now that Trumps in office?

Big business wet itself with glee and the stock market rose a few notches. Bully for them.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 11:34 PM
link   
A market can easily give back a large amount of its gains in a set short period of time. I suspect its very possible for the dow to drop back to 15k very fast bc that was only a year's worth of growth. How do you think a fast drop to 15k would shake the world? I think that would be considered a crash.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   
The crash will show up, but they will push it until 2020 election is secured. So in the meantime, it will be a spate of corrections. All we can do is study the historical patterns and plan accordingly to our instinct as best as possible. Crash or not, we have to be ready to reap the rewards from either eventuality.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 11:40 PM
link   

this isnt from alex jones is it?

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: EightAhoy

It am pretty sure its going south because QE has stopped, and the Tax take has just stopped matching the rise. All the toxic mortgages that the fed bought up as bonds to keep the Banks liquid are starting to come out of the system. That's over a trillion dollars. The interest rates on home loans are going up. Since business activity hasn't matched the rising stock market, it a fairly sure bet that the fed is manipulating the market. It's been manipulating metals as well, so we have Utah, Nevada, Texas, Arizona Tennessee, all brushing up their legislation on using Gold and Silver for money as per the constitution.
You have India, placing a surcharge on importing silver, and a limit on gold holdings. You have the UK charging VAT on the purchase of gold and silver, plus the usual bullion houses surcharge to try and discourage its purchase. You have the Shanghai gold exchange ,paying the Russians for their oil and gas in Gold. All this takes a bit of time, might be a bit early for the big drop. As the Petro dollar dies, it smells a lot like the gold/silver backing currency again.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=21868923]i/post]

If the market was allowed to collapse in 07-08, the folks would have been in year 10 of recovery...

End the FED, and end the monetary control of the US to a private entity...

Oh, and while they are at it.. it would be nice to make some scratch with online poker...

rassin frassin...

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Just tell me how I can blame this on Trump so I can sleep tonight :p

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

this isnt from alex jones is it?

BUY GOLD NOW!!!!

Oh, and some shortwave windup radios too!

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537

originally posted by: EightAhoy

I believe the next global crash will come when the Chinese real estate bubble eventually bursts.. everyone will feel it..

Digital economy= crtl-alt-delete; bubbles booms busts need not apply you'll just wake up one day and atms,eftpos, etc wont be there.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

They won't wait til the 2020 elections to plummet the market... 2018 is the battleground... I would expect to take a dive soon... if... they still have that kind of influence...

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: khnum

I'm pretty sure it will be this year, because the fundamental problems of 2008 haven't been addressed. www.zerohedge.com...
I don't think they can address the problems, with Keynesian economics, period.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join