It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House of cards - about to topple?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I have lost more than one night of sleep over concerns that the USA is setting itself up for another terrorist attack (either real or a false flag attack).

The election of President Trump and his subsequent executive orders have enraged the muslim community and the radical liberals.

President Trump's executive order suspending travel for 90 days was over-ruled by a federal judge. This makes the USA look weak and our President look like he does not have the support of the nation. Then the appellate court judge also refuses to pass summary judgement enforcing President Trumps executive order. This further weakens the ability of the President in the eyes of those who oppose him.

The people responsible for keeping our country safe (at the airports and other points of entry) appear to be getting conflicting instructions on what rules to enforce.

I'm predicting that terrorists (or that our own government under the guise of terrorists) will take advantage of this period of chaos and uncertainty. One major attack and the opposition to closing down the borders would most likely be silenced.

Like I said - this worries me to the point to where I am losing sleep at night.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Just because something in politics is concerning you greatly doesn't mean you should worry about it like this.

Ask yourself, can you think of anything right now immediately that can change this situation in any significant manner? If the answer is "No", than you need to let it go. It's ok to ponder it and research it and talk about it, but don't be so worried or anxious. It's going to be OK. Even if bad things happen, we have to accept it and do the best we can to move forward.

Be confident that things will run their course and turn out alright.

When you lay down to sleep at night, close your eyes and relax.
Release these things and get comfy and enjoy life while you can.
Whatever happens is going to happen.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Buvvy

You should not let enraged muslims or any other enraged religious people mess with your sleep.
Not worth it.

Trump will protect you while you sleep

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Buvvy

President Trump's executive order suspending travel for 90 days was over-ruled by a federal judge. This makes the USA look weak and our President look like he does not have the support of the nation. Then the appellate court judge also refuses to pass summary judgement enforcing President Trumps executive order. This further weakens the ability of the President in the eyes of those who oppose him.

Majority of the world and the majority of the US do not support Trump, at all. He looked weak the day he started running for president.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

All the people acting like Clinton is actually good and cares for the people is full of crappie so most people are happy with the result.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   

This could go both ways. If there is a major attack soon, false flag or not, the public will most likely knee-jerk react with fear and hatred for muslims, as they did after 9/11.

Remember, the attacks of 9/11 were what riled up the public to allow the US to go and invade the Middle East, pass the Patriot Act, etc. Enacting a temporary travel ban for those countries after a similar attack would be much less severe, and therefore likely.

It all depends on how much spin the media get away with and how awake the public has become to it.

soulwaxer

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: flyingdutchman2112

All the people acting like Clinton is actually good and cares for the people is full of crappie so most people are happy with the result.

Assuming people 'supported' Hilary is rather closed minded, maybe since the US has a broken voting system funneled into a two party system, they voted for the lesser of two evils.
Look at the fiasco that happened here in Canada, our old PM was tearing down and destroying an image that Canadians were proud of, we wanted him OUT and voted for someone, ANYONE just to get him out, sure our current PM is a bit of a joke, but at least he isn't selling and destroying our identity for profits.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Hmmm, me thinks maybe you're worried about the wrong thing.

Another major terrorist attack in 2017 is inevitable; its kinda like the weather, its going to happen. And the One-World Open Borders types will blame Trump regardless and the big fight to keep the Borders open will go right on.

The bigger worry you are missing is the economic ramifications of Trumps presidency. Trump doesn't get at least 2 key things. One is that the country is literally upside down on its debt and is broke and relying on more and more debt to function and secondly, he doesn't understand that for all practical purposes, in the world of "Free Trade", the worlds economies are so interlinked that we really have a One World Trade Market.

Nothing sold in Walmart is made in the US. (well maybe the domestic brand beer). If Trump provokes a tarriff war with China, or even Mexico, those crappy products will rise dramatically in price. Walmart will go broke and millions will be laid off! And there you have THE NEXT GREAT DEPRESSION!

Let that keep you up at night.

Oh, and BTW, if ever there was a time to start hoarding commodities like toilet paper, this is the time!

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I'm sorry but advice not to worry your pretty little head and just sit this out has to be the most anti-ATS advice I've ever heard...

Absolutely get worried, absolutely think about everything, analyze everything, think about how we got to this point and think about what we can do never to let it happen again. Deny ignorance and never let anyone tell you not to think and not to worry yourself, that it will be done for you.

"All nations deserve the leaders they get."
edit on 5-2-2017 by Kharron because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   

The election of President Trump and his subsequent executive orders have enraged the muslim community and the radical liberals.

I made special meme for this.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Anything big to occur would have already been in the works for a long while, even terrorist have to plan things out. The courts have not ruled against President Trump's EO except to not block the injunction while they argue the specific legalities. The terrorist are ecstatic at the moment because they have achieved more than they ever hoped to achieve and that is too divide us and watch us destroy ourselves from the inside out.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   

A federal judge over-ruling an executive order does not make the government, or the country, look weak.

That belief belies the idea that the executive branch and its dictates are to be held above the law of the land.

On the contrary, that even the President of the country is subordinate to the laws of the country, and can be held to those laws by a judge is an undeniable example that ours is a nation that holds the strength of the law above the dictates of any one man, regardless of who he might be, even in the face of our worst fears.

Strength comes from courage, and courage comes not through the lack of fear, but through the determination to face those fears and persevere according to ones beliefs.
edit on 5-2-2017 by Bhadhidar because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=21858850]neo96[/post. I dont have strong political leanings - I think that anything that undermines the power of the POTUS is bad for the nation. I didnt think that a 90 day halt to immigration in order to address lapses in the vetting process was a terrible idea. It wasn't a permanant measure it was an attempt to strengthen a process that has proven to be in-effective.

The reaction that the executive order has be met with is disturbing on many levels. The President implemented a short term measure in an attempt to keep the nation safe and the news media is castigating him.

edit on 5-2-2017 by Buvvy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   

The reaction that the executive order has be met with is disturbing on many levels.

That I can agree with.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Buvvy
The President implemented a short term measure in an attempt to keep the nation safe and the news media is castigating him.

As they should....

Oh, sorry. I forgot Trump is not allowed to be criticised by anyone, as he is a delicate snowflake.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Kharron

The USA is dependent on such a delicate infrastructure - I can't help but worry.

Think about it. The light bulb was commercially patented in 1879. Before the light bulb everyone used candles or gas powered fire for light. In just 138 years mankind has advanced from using fire for light to you using a laptop, PC or cell phone.

In exchange for all of these advances people have lost the majority the basic survival skills neccessary to exist in a world without electricity. All you can do is try to be prepared.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

A federal judge over-ruling an executive order does not make the government, or the country, look weak.
What executive order was over-ruled?

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

I have to fly often for my job. I am not confident that anyone is protecting me when I have to walk through an angry group of protestors inside the terminal at the airport.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

I don't have any issue with the media covering the facts of the situation; however, that is no longer what the news is about.

The USA news media has an agenda.

I would find this just as disturbing if Mrs. Clinton had won and was facing consistently oppositional news reporting.
edit on 5-2-2017 by Buvvy because: Typos

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

We'll according to fbi anon Trudeau is chucking yall pretty hard so you might want to double check that one about not selling your interests and idenitty for profits.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join