It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best Way to Meet Your Partner?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wang Tang
a reply to: Atsbhct

Running, tennis, writing, reading, traveling, drinking, occasional video games and netflix.

Most of my friends in the area are married, and hang out with other married couples.

You have a pretty eclectic list of interests so I don't see why online dating wouldn't work. I might be wrong but you seem like a hetero-cis-normative type of guy. Being the "default" type in the dating world has its perks in most communities so I would honestly suggest OK Cupid or something similar. Obviously, stay away from Tinder and those other "hook-up" sites (though I admittedly met my current boyfriend on Tinder but that was a fluke for both of us).

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

I've had an OK experience with OKCupid, I suppose thats why it's called OKCupid

Not sure what you mean by hetero-cis-normative... but yes eclectic is a fairly accurate way to describe me.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   

I've had an OK experience with OKCupid, I suppose thats why it's called OKCupid

Not sure what you mean by hetero-cis-normative... but yes eclectic is a fairly accurate way to describe me.

I just meant that it seems like you are a straight cis-gender man. Which means you don't need to really narrow down your options much which further means that, in most communities, you should be able to find quite a few compatible women on OKC.

Another reason I suggested it is because you called yourself an introvert. Introverts thrive with online dating because their words, opinions, etc are all expressed without the social pressure.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: VengefulGhost
Hit em over the head with a club then throw em over your shoulder an carry em back to your cave .

pfft! too much hard work after a days hunting and gathering. Just pick one with long hair, they're easier too drag as long as they haven't eaten all the pies.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Haha yes I am quite straight
I do agree I had better luck with OKC at first, but I'm afraid I've exhausted all my OKC options for the time being. I check back from time to time, and I'll probably sound a bit condescending saying this but there's not much to choose from.

I do appreciate your confidence in my ability to find compatible women.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   

a reply to: TNMockingbird

You see, that's the trouble. The things I enjoy doing in my free time, there's no girls around. I suppose that's one of the downfalls of being an outsider in any new area. I'm just not meeting anyone new right now, and I can't find a girlfriend if I'm not meeting anyone.

I don't know if "hurried" to be in a relationship is the right word. I look at it more like, I "prefer" to be in a relationship. It's something I've never experienced. It's not like I will jump into a relationship with the next girl that comes around. In fact, judging by my history, it most likely will not result in a relationship... which is a separate issue in itself that I'm also becoming slightly concerned about. But my main concern right now is in my inability to meet new people.

Most of my friends are either married or live 4+ hours away, so I'm getting to that point in my life where my friends are more concerned with their own families and I'm on my own.

Thank you for responding.
I get it, I think.
Running, sports and traveling are great ways to meet folks so...I predict it will come soon enough.

I didn't mean to sound negative about you being 'hurried'. If you want a permanent full time relationship then by all means, I wish you luck finding one.

I agree with everything Abysha said.

She's very smart, IMO.

Good luck again!

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Wang Tang

I am in the same boat as you mate....I think I will try the church...I heard other people say this too. Churchy girls are "innocent" and are more family orientated. I am not a bible thumper, but if that is what is takes to get out of this stupid sloppy seconds rotation, I will try it a few times. Maybe become the next Pope while I am at it

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Wang Tang

In a dream?
I mean when you meet the right soulmate in the astral/spiritual world you'll eventually find each other.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Is there anything wrong with asking the waitress at a restaurant you frequent?

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I'm not sure how often you go out, but I've heard of an item that might help. It's called a Shy Pin. They were designed specifically for introverts. From what I can gather, the person wears the pin of the gender that they want to talk to. It's really nothing more than a conversation starter. It breaks the ice for those of us that cannot, for whatever reason, manage to overcome that approach anxiety.

TheBorg

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I have had very good luck with the social app 'meet me' and it's by far the easiest app to talk to people with.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   

From your experiences, what do you guys think are the best places to meet someone? And the best way to approach someone? And are there bad times/places to approach someone?

I'm a guy. I'm out of college, and I moved to a new area about two years ago for work. I am in a situation where I have gone on dates with many girls in the past two years but nothing sticks. I've mostly been using online dating apps. Girls in this area don't seem to have similar interests to mine, so I find it hard to meet anyone.I've never been in a relationship; while I'm not exactly socially awkward I'm quite introverted, so picking up girls at the bar does not seem natural to me.

Whatever I'm doing right now isn't working, so any tips are greatly appreciated!
Something is wrong with you.
Figure it out and fix it

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join