It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump flies out to join First Lady Melania at Mar-a-Lago

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Sigh...

Of all the things to criticize him for, this is the most ridiculous I've seen so far. Going to spend a weekend with his wife is hardly taking a vacation.

With genuine concerns about him out there to be discussed this just delegitimizes them by burying them in a sea of silly partisan nonsense.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Going to spend a weekend with his wife is hardly taking a vacation.

LOL

Face it, its work for both of them.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

No actually tbh I am curious to see if he actually tries to buck the system and flat out refused it. I don't think it's past him, or above him to do so. Getting away with it is another thing entirely. I also think it will be telling who he donated it to if that's the route he goes. Either way barring him donating it to himself in some fashion I don't think he will take any of it so paying him or not paying him reality wise it makes no difference. The difference is made by what pocket it goes into...His or a worthy cause, but the kicker is a new precedent that allows a president to refuse it outright. I would love to see that. Why does a president need a salary anyway it's all tax money covering almost everything. I would love to see politics not be paid at all tbh...Take all...And I mean all money out of it and we will see a different breed take over that game. Of course it would be war with the elites lol.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Ikr...A weekend with a bunch of influential and government employees/representatives from here and abroad. Yea he isn't going to be working in that crowd as the president of one of the most if not most influential nations on the planet...What a durp on the news outlets spinning this $h#*.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

No actually tbh I am curious to see if he actually tries to buck the system and flat out refused it.

He can't. It's in the US Constitution.

US Constitution, Article II, Section 1
The President shall, at stated times, receive for his services, a compensation, which shall neither be increased nor diminished during the period for which he shall have been elected, and he shall not receive within that period any other emolument from the United States, or any of them.

edit on 4-2-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   
This criticism in the OP of President Trump taking a weekend with his wife and child after working as hard as he has since Jan. 20th is unconscionable. It's Super Bowl Weekend for Crike's sake!! Brady is a personal friend!

Why would anybody deny or criticize this?! We have some really spiteful people in our country right now and their hate and spite is messing with their head. If the criticism was legitimate, I wouldn't say that. Obama took wayyyyy too many vacations, golf weekends, etc. even at inappropriate times. He deserved any criticism he got.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: RickyD

No actually tbh I am curious to see if he actually tries to buck the system and flat out refused it.

He can't. It's in the US Constitution.

US Constitution, Article II, Section 1
The President shall, at stated times, receive for his services, a compensation, which shall neither be increased nor diminished during the period for which he shall have been elected, and he shall not receive within that period any other emolument from the United States, or any of them.

He is returning it all to the United States Treasury. He is not personally pocketing his salary.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD

Ikr...A weekend with a bunch of influential and government employees/representatives from here and abroad. Yea he isn't going to be working in that crowd as the president of one of the most if not most influential nations on the planet...What a durp on the news outlets spinning this $h#*.

LOL

I wasn't talking about diplomacy and the parties that they're committed to attend, I'm talking about personal and intimate interactive face time between POTUS and FLOTUS!

Looks like work to me!

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Nahhhh...He is going to enjoy some of the finer stimuli involved with the gig lol. Not much for twits but how does it go, #BestWorkWeekendEver

ETA: not only that but I vie for the same work benefits myself...Cause #why the F#+$not
edit on 4-2-2017 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-2-2017 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: violet

The RoguePOTUSStaff account reports that staff is expected to go to Mar-a-Lago, to pay for the rooms themselves... and that the money for their rooms will go, of course, back to Trump.

His staff seriously have to pay to stay there?
Cheapskate

And it is paid to his property, LOL.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Trump has done more work as president over the last three weeks than Obama did in eight years.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
He is returning it all to the United States Treasury. He is not personally pocketing his salary.

Sure about that? Care to provide some evidence for that?

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

Trump has done more work as president over the last three weeks than Obama did in eight years.

Yeah he is good at screwing up stuff. And he's just getting started.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 11:46 PM
link   
So that's how it works. Obama went on vacation the right wingers whined to high heaven. Trump who hasn't even been on the job a couple of months (way to hang in there gramps
is going on vacation now they make up excuses. How pathetic.
edit on 2820000005728America/ChicagoSat, 04 Feb 2017 23:46:57 -06002010 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Dont forget that he is paying himself with tax payer money to stay at his own hotel.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 02:05 AM
link   

I want him out of office and peacefully retired to Mar-a-Lago or Trump Tower where he can tweet to his heart's content for the rest of his life.

So it's safe to say you want to let in illegal aliens and possible terrorists.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 02:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

I want him out of office and peacefully retired to Mar-a-Lago or Trump Tower where he can tweet to his heart's content for the rest of his life.

So it's safe to say you want to let in illegal aliens and possible terrorists.

Since 2011, most terrorist attacks have been committed by white guys who are citizens of America. So they're already here. I understand that you're terrified, but statistically speaking you're more likely to be killed by a toddler with a gun.

Yeah, we get illegal aliens in Dallas. I'm not sure who's here on visas and who are citizens and who are illegal. Don't care, and I'm not scared of any of them. The jobs they're taking (lawn mowing, construction, day labor... probably maids and janitors and definitely field workers who pick crops) COULD be filled by American citizens but I don't see American citizens lining up at the day labor office to take these jobs.

We have a "hit list" with mug shots that the police department puts out. Over 50% of the criminals are Caucasian (particularly the sex offenders.) Your police department probably puts out a similar bulletin.

I'm not scared of white folks, either. Getting scared of folks isn't a Texas thing, y'know.

It is safe to say, however, that I want a president who doesn't get into rage-fits on Twitter, that I want a president who can express sympathy to other countries when they have a terrible event (Trump was too busy telling folks to watch his interview... he didn't even give any kind or sympathetic remarks to Canada.) I don't want a government ruled by oligarchs and Wall Street. I don't want a government made up of amateurs. I don't want a president who skips on security briefings.

I want a bunch of stuff. But not Trump.
edit on 5-2-2017 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 04:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: scojak

originally posted by: violet

The RoguePOTUSStaff account reports that staff is expected to go to Mar-a-Lago, to pay for the rooms themselves... and that the money for their rooms will go, of course, back to Trump.

His staff seriously have to pay to stay there?
Cheapskate

Would you rather pay for it? Better than spending taxpayer dollars.

Also, I doubt the staff is forced to stay at Mar-a-Lago. There are dozens of other hotels in the area...

Loooking st it that way I agree with you, but I was thinking let them stay for free!

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 05:08 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

I agree, signing papers and arguing with allies is tough work. I believe he deserves a vacation. I mean, come on. It's super bowl Sunday. Why can't he have a vacation, 15 days into his presidency? That's the first thing I think of doing when I start a new job. First 15 days, and I can not wait to take my vacation days.No, I'm not worried if I am performing well. No, I'm not trying to learn the new systems and procedures.

No, 15 days into my new job, I am quite satisfied with my work performance and think it is necessary to reward myself with a vacation. And besides, Super Bowl Sunday is an American tradition, though I would think someone who cares as deeply as Donald does about this country would skip that day to focus on the needs of the people.

But I suppose super bowl Sunday has top priority. We can make America great again on the weekdays, but super bowl Sunday is reserved for making my blood pressure great again. Enjoy your Sunday Emperor Trump!
edit on 5-2-2017 by FelisOrion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 05:27 AM
link   

So lets forget WTC 9-11. Lets forget Boston Marathon. Ignore the good example we have of how we can end up given by Germany.

Please visit FBI site and look at the photos and names. How many of them are what you call "white".
edit on 5-2-2017 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join