It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are americans hated?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 10:36 AM
link   
No doubt we've made some blunders in American policy but why is there such loathing for Americans. Even though my user name might seem traitorous i just thought it was funny. I am an american and i wan non americans to respond to this. Why? Why are we so hated?

[edit on 30-1-2005 by benedict arnold]

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by benedict arnold
No doubt we've made some blunders in American policy but why is there such loathing for Americans. Even though my user name might seem traitorous i just thought it was funny. I am an american and i wan non americans to respond to this. Why? Why are we so hated?

I don't hate America, what i hate is people who keep saying 'my country is better than yours blah blah blah'
America is a brilliant country but a portion of its people need to remember that its not the only country that counts.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I have to disagree with uk wizard. Overwhelmingly in the 20th century USA was the most important country in the world. WW1+WW2+Cold War+breakup of SOviet Union

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 11:03 AM
link   

I have to disagree with uk wizard. Overwhelmingly in the 20th century USA was the most important country in the world.

WW1+WW2+Cold War+breakup of SOviet Union

Yep, America did it all on its own, without any help.

The Brits and French weren't fighting WW1 3 years before your troops got to the Front.

The Soviets played no part in the fall of Nazi germany.

And the NATO alliance played no part in defending western Europe from the perceived Soviet threat....

How blithe of me to forget that the US did it all on its own. Please forgive us lowly foreign folk for thinking otherwise.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by benedict arnold
I have to disagree with uk wizard. Overwhelmingly in the 20th century USA was the most important country in the world. WW1+WW2+Cold War+breakup of SOviet Union

Thats the mind set i was talking about,

In WW1 America entered the fighting in the later half of the war. (if my memory is correct)
In WW2 on own both the US and Europe would have fell, but together we were strong enough.
The Cold war was partly Americas fault, it takes two to tango.
The soviet union broke itself up, communism does that to a country.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 11:15 AM
link   
politics.abovetopsecret.com...'

No way. I am not some radical neo-conservative however the UN cant control and handle an international crises without US help. IF the un was militarized we would have an uncooperative and cumbersome force.

I think your post is a prime example of why some people have problems with the US, the US is not the leader of the world, country can do things of there own without your permission.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I violently dislike current American foreign policy, but I don't hate America or Americans. Basically, they're just people trying to live their life and find happiness - just like the rest of us. They have a set of ideals surrounding the way they defined themselves as a nation 200 years ago that I have to respect.

I can even understand how Americans can want to boast about being the most powerful country in the world. Nothing there that's not true.

However, do not tell me how sorry I should feel that I wasn't born in America or how green with envy I should be, and PLEASE don't tell me that any criticism I level at American policy is borne out of jealousy. That's the kind of attitude that makes me see red.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   

No way. I am not some radical neo-conservative however the UN cant control and handle an international crises without US help. IF the un was militarized we would have an uncooperative and cumbersome force.

Comments like this also wind me up.

Can they not see that the UN isn't an independant body?

Can you not see that it is the Security Council which controls the UN?

Can they not see that the US is an intergral part of the UN (as well as the other 4 powers), and any problems with the UN should be laid firmly at the doors of the 5 Permament members, including the US!

Wake up guys, the UN isn't some "other" body that is run by "someone" else, its made up of our own countries, and we are to blame for the UN being ineffective, not the UN itself.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 10:02 AM
link   
In WW1/WW2/Cold War, ect all countries involved gave it there best... not one country carried the others. Some countries maybe were more influential than others but there was not one country which carried everyone else (ie: USA)

The brits had a huge influence during the Cold War, so did anyone else in Western Europe who saw the Soviet threat.

[edit on 31-1-2005 by RedOctober90]

new topics

top topics

join