It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting Incident at Louvre in Paris

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 04:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: svetlana84
a reply to: burgerbuddy

yes 250 seems a unusal low number. i guess its just one section.
plus fluid situation, media just copy paste whatever comes in.

Yeah, if he got in, it would be a chase, unless he made a stand.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Soldier who shot has a head wound.
5 shots fired, attacker seriously wounded (but alive)
www.france24.com...

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 04:37 AM
link   
The 250 evacuated was from a shopping center next to the louvre, not the louvre itself
(france 24)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 04:42 AM
link   
according to le figaro 4 soldiers have been attacked 2 injured (no grave injuries)

Anti terror police on place. perimeter cleared. no explosives found.
police chief talks of 1 machete and "possiblly" another weapon.

attacker wounded, in medical treatment

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 04:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy
Glad we wet when we did.

Good thing they got him coming in.

Only 250 ppl? the place was packed when we went.

It's a really big place with lots of rooms.

I found the art # there.

Anyway this will gain more support to the anti EU party there.

The EU is #ed

edit on 3-2-2017 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 04:46 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

seems the evacuation was the "caroussel du louvre" an undergound shopping center with restaurants and culture. Not the museum itself

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 04:51 AM
link   
www.20minutes.fr... uve

The surroundings (shopping center is evacuated, visitor IN the museum brought to safe rooms.
Museum in lockdown.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

But Schengen is fine. It works swimmingly.

Now President Trump's vetting does not seem so "fascist" does it?

Really, keep up your guard, West. Don't listen to Angel; she'll have the whole EU as one big continuing terrorist incident.

Yeah, NPower (German owned, just hiked the prices for UK customers by loads) it's hard being the loser. Abusing economics is finished. I just hope that people are awake enough to see what has been happening to them; this failed experiment needs trashing in yesterday's bin.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 06:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
Early, but,

Details of the incident are still emerging. A French police spokesman said the attacker shouted "Allahu Akbar" - God is great in Arabic - but was not carrying explosives.

BBC

Doesn't make a lot of sense. Sounded like a robbery, the attacker was trying to get to the shop. Does not sound like a terrorist attack.

Yeah robbers often shout Allah Akbar.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Live updates from the Express.fr

According to this report, one soldier was slightly cut on the scalp, the aggressor took shots to the stomach and is now between life and death.

This is typically the kind of reporting thing that I find deeply troubling : the guy was probably a nut case, out to make a name for himself and not necessarily linked to any terror organization.

The press however, galvanized by the Home office, jump all over it and shout terrorism, it puts everyone on edge.

(I'm not trying to down play this episode, by the way)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

But Schengen is fine. It works swimmingly.

Of course it isn't which is why the UK is not part of it.

Now President Trump's vetting does not seem so "fascist" does it?

You used the T word , off to the corner with you.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Le Figaro posts a picture of the attacker on the ground, surrounded by heavily armed soldiers.

Its quite blurry. Shot by a chinese tourist guide. Next to the attacker is something on the ground. Could be a knife, definetely too small for a machete.

www.lefigaro.fr... u-a-paris.php#797980

No further info on the attacker yet.

Just in: another picture, different angle
http:/ /www.bfmtv.com/police-justice/en-direct-des-militaires-attaques-au-couteau-au-carrousel-du-louvre-637.html#content/contribution/edit
edit on 3-2-2017 by svetlana84 because: added second link

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Does not seem like a terrorist attack?! The savage was calling out to his twisted God! Your bias really shines today. a reply to: reldra

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
Well i guess all those soldiers they stationed at tourist attractions after the paris bombings payed off. strange to think how bad its gotten in france that they had to put the military on the streets. Seems to me that the terrorists won they changed french culture. and if this was another terrorist attack i expect they are going to evicting alot foreign nationals i think the french are getting tired of it.

Basically, the real European world of today is going to look a lot like the situation that Israel must constantly contend with, armed troops at every corner.

In the US, concealed/right-to carry laws will blunt the need for that blanket type of protection of the public. It level of protection will be a better deterrent as the bad guys won't be able to spot the troops or know who is carrying. Actually, you can almost daily catch in the US news of acts of terror and murder prevented by an lawfully armed citizen.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Although slightly off topic but I believe my thought about something didn't really need another terrorist related thread nor do I have any info to back my thoughts up, but it was something that made me go hmmm

Anyway we've recently seen attacks around Europe from the ISIS crowd and I've been waiting (not that I want it to happen) for an attack on UK soil. However I thought about this. ISIS have been about for a few years now, last year in the U.K. we had our vote on whether to leave Europe or not. Now our government and TPTB that control our government never wanted the UK to leave The EU which got me thinking ...

If prior or even after the EU referendum there were terror attacks happening in the U.K. by ISIS the public opinion on leaving the EU and the UK to be able to control the boarders better, would the support to leave EU be greater? Even after the EU vote if terror attacks were to happen this will give Brexit more support and would make more people push for Brexit?

I've come to the conclusion that the UK has not had any terrorist attacks as the UK government does not want more reasons to give to people to make them more in favour of Brexit

Just a thoughts that's all

CX

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Darwin award to this guy if he dies.....can picture picture him looking through his diary over his morning coffee thinking, "Ok....what have i got on today?....ah yeah terror attack.....now then....an easy target like a group of unarmed civilians? Nah.....lets try a group of armed soldiers!"

Prize bell end.

CX.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Isn't it a reach to call it terrorism?
I think it was a one man demonstration.
Definitely not a riot.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Another Radical Christian?

CX

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Isn't it a reach to call it terrorism?
I think it was a one man demonstration.
Definitely not a riot.

I guess it does seem that way on face value...but then again, does that mean the lone driver of the truck that killed all those people in Nice was just a demonstrator?

I suppose it is a demonstration of sorts.....but be prepared to be labeled a terrorist if you do it in this day and age.

CX.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: burgerbuddy
Glad we wet when we did.

Good thing they got him coming in.

Only 250 ppl? the place was packed when we went.

It's a really big place with lots of rooms.

I found the art # there.

Anyway this will gain more support to the anti EU party there.

The EU is #ed

We saw the Mona and then skipped out to Notre Dame.

A friend was looking for The Last Supper, lol.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join