It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gravity explained with magnetic force (picture)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Gravity by magnetic force explained with a picture. These are all free floating in the water and the magnets making up the circle causes them to attract. In the next experiment I will have less magnets in the ring and have them separated (allowing them to rotate in any direction), I think that will be better at explaining gravity because it will be a more realistic example at simulating the electrons in matter that are free to turn (some are stuck and some are free to turn). Gravity is an attracting force made by those electrons who are free to turn, needing no higgs boson or other forces than the magnetic force.

Thoughts?

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 04:46 AM
link   
a reply to: ParanormalGuy

What's free floating? The ball bearings?

Thanks for explaining gravity...I guess?

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 04:54 AM
link   
If I understand it correctly, there is no gravity, only magnetic force.

But there are objects without magnetic properties and are influenced by gravity ... and there are objects with magnetic properties and those are influenced by both magnetic and gravitational fields ...

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Gravity is a beast. I'm really trying the electrictric universe nomenclature. Something's got to give.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 04:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: JanAmosComenius

But there are objects without magnetic properties and are influenced by gravity ... and there are objects with magnetic properties and those are influenced by both magnetic and gravitational fields ...

Gravity doesn't repel, magnetic force does.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 05:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

Hence gravity can not be magnetism? It is my believe but OP says something different.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Hence gravity can not be magnetism? It is my believe but OP says something different.

Yeah, I'm just trying to think differently about gravity, what IF it can be explained by magnetism but has been misunderstood this whole time because people thinks that it "gravity has only one pole, magnets has two poles". What I'm trying to show is that magnets can be laid out in a way where they also only pull in other magnets.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Your right also gravity doesn't have a positive and negative poll. If it did we would have already discovered anti gravity. Magnetism is an aspect of the electromagnetic force. It is completely independent of gravity. They act differently they propagate differently. Only someone who doesn't understand science would even think they are the same since anyone above 9th grade science knows this.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 05:14 AM
link   

OP posted a random picture with no context at all other than "hey look, gravity".

So basically no, magnetism and gravity are not the same. However, if monopole magnetism can be proven, it may then be related and likely the source of gravity.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 05:26 AM
link   
You're a Jeenyus! As my feeble mind cannot even begin to grasp any of what you're trying to convey. Please articulate...

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 05:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: ParanormalGuy

What I'm trying to show is that magnets can be laid out in a way where they also only pull in other magnets.

They are still all +/- connections. They wouldn't stick together otherwise. You cannot magnetically connect similar polarities, they repel each other.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Thank you, I just was not sure

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Magnetoelectric universe. Gravity does repel, at least here on earth: Hydrogen and Helium are prime examples.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 05:34 AM
link   

OP posted a random picture with no context at all other than "hey look, gravity".

So basically no, magnetism and gravity are not the same. However, if monopole magnetism can be proven, it may then be related and likely the source of gravity.

Even monopoles wouldn't explain gravity one reason is simple they would be the same as the north or south end of say a bar magnet. meaning most objects would be unaffected such as you. And since you aren't flying off in to space pretty safe to assume were not dealing with electromagnetism, A monopole would just give us the ability to effect electrons in a different way, For example creating a magnetic field in a confined space. Odds are pretty good they don't exist we can simulate them but so far havnt figured out how to create one. And even if one was created its usefulness would be short lived because as it takes on energy it would store it much like a battery but eventually it will create the opposite pole to release that stored energy.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 05:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: boomstick88
Magnetoelectric universe. Gravity does repel, at least here on earth: Hydrogen and Helium are prime examples.

How exactly are Hydrogen and Helium prime examples of gravity repelling?

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

BTW Solar corona is perfect place where we can observe both forces on the right scale.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 05:40 AM
link   

That's why they are fun! They likely don't exist, we can simulate anything. The fun theory I like of it is that being monopolar it cannot expel energy only retain it. Meaning it would draw similar poles to it in all directions, gathering energy from every connection but not sharing the energy, only growing it's own therefore magnifying it's own field and drawing in more. Over and over.

It makes sense scientifically. If it exists that is.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 05:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: ParanormalGuy
Yeah, I'm just trying to think differently about gravity, what IF it can be explained by magnetism but has been misunderstood this whole time because people thinks that it "gravity has only one pole, magnets has two poles". What I'm trying to show is that magnets can be laid out in a way where they also only pull in other magnets.

Gravity is a bowling ball sitting in the middle of a trampoline. The heavier the ball, the deeper the distortion, the steeper the angle, so the faster the other objects on the trampoline will fall towards it.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 05:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: boomstick88

How exactly are Hydrogen and Helium prime examples of gravity repelling?

I think hes confusing buoyancy with anti gravity. If we had a hydrogen atmosphere like say Jupiter if we released hydrogen it would fall to the planet. This is how come people believe BS like electric universe they don't understand science and think because things happen on earth it happens everywhere. They don't realize we have an unusual set of conditions on earth such as having oxygen nitrogen argon and carbon dioxide in our atmosphere. These heavier elements cause lighter elements such as helium to rise much like air bubbles in water. Oxygen is lighter than H2O.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 05:51 AM
link   

You weren't suppose to explain it lol, he was.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join