It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexico: “The things that have been said are nonsense and a downright lie."

page: 1

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   
FYI - Appears another "source" that the media uses is incorrect? How the hell are we supposed to believe any of these headlines when Governments are denying it ever happened?

MSM Story:
A person with access to the official transcript of the phone call provided an excerpt to the Associated Press. The person gave it on condition of anonymity because the administration did not make the details of the call public.

So, what is true and what is not?

www.latimes.com...

Mexican government says Trump never threatened to send troops to Mexico

The Mexican government on Wednesday vehemently denied reports that President Trump threatened to send American soldiers into Mexico during a phone call with Mexican President Enrique Peña Nieto.

Such a threat “did not happen during that call,” said a government statement released on Twitter Wednesday night.

"I know it with absolute certainty, there was no threat,” Peña Nieto spokesman Eduardo Sanchez said in a radio interview. “The things that have been said are nonsense and a downright lie."

The Associated Press and a Mexican news website, Aristegui Noticias, reported earlier in the day that Trump had humiliated Peña Nieto during a phone call between the leaders on Friday.

www.latimes.com...

Mexico's foreign relations department denied that account, saying it “is based on absolute falsehoods,” and later said the statement also applied to the excerpt provided to the Associated Press.

The assertions that you make about said conversation do not correspond to the reality of it," the statement said. "The tone was constructive and it was agreed by the presidents to continue working and that the teams will continue to meet frequently to construct an agreement that is positive for Mexico and for the United States."

8/exnews]
edit on 1-2-2017 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   
HA!!

Fake news!!!!

Funny thing is we were all debating it like it was true.
Behold the power of the MSM, millions of hours and keystrokes devoted to discussing a topic that was completely fabricated.
The biggest crime here is the waste of everyones time and energy (on both sides) due to the spreading of a rumour by what amounts to a serial gossip monger who has been repeatedly proven to be full of BS.

There comes a point were we just need to completely shut these guys down, not impose strict regulations but actually just pull the plug and let someone else fill the void left behind, see if they can try being honest

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   
This is what you guys were saying about the piss-gate story, but now we're finding out that spies linked to P-gate are dying in Russia.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

They are still caught up on their agenda to do whatever it takes to make President Trump look bad. They hate that he is putting America first, which one could argue that they hate America.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Well it was pretty hard to believe even with Trumps past antic's.

Glad he really doesn't go around saying hombre.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   
People with an agenda are spreading lies and people who believe the lies are calling people who question the lies intolerant.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: SeekingAlpha

we know they are dying, but we don't know why.
for all we know they are dying because they were named and were exposed as spies for the west and putin don't like spies from the west, after all he use to be KGB. you know the spy agency of the former USSR.
you just can't say that they are being killed to cover up piss gate.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   
It's funny that the ASS-ociated press made this all up as a way to make Trump look bad, when the actual idea is not a bad one, provided Mexico was actually willing to break away from the drug lord oppression and death being waged upon Mexican citizens, and be willing to have Trump send in some military help, not to mention the men, women, and children being murdered by the thousands every year because of the cartels drug running and production, to say nothing of people dying here from super potent poison imported from there.

The mentally and morally bankrupt MSM people are so far gone that they wrote up this hit piece like it is supposed to be a terrible thing to do, as if they haven't even thought this out, for what is actually happening because of the cartels and the slow genocide they are making happen.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 02:17 AM
link   
When I saw that he supposedly used the term "bad hombre" I realized it was bull#. Drudge shouldn't be making obvious garbage big, red banner headlines.

Unless of course Nieto really was that humiliated. Who knows. Wherever you fall on the political spectrum you've gotta admit the news is some entertaining # right now.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 03:33 AM
link   
a reply to: PistolPete

The story was picked up by so many majors.

Who's responsible for vetting the news these days?

It's a world gone mad.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: SeekingAlpha

Facts just don't really matter to Liberals do they? As long as it's Anti Trump, it must be true, right?
Please learn to think for yourself.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I'm starting to think that unless a life is on the line or we're talking about legitimate state secrets, a la Deep Throat, we need to put an end to unnamed sources. Sometimes it is needed protection but not often and definitely not as often as it's being used these days.

Seriously, nearly every political article these days doesn't name sources or show proof of their claims at all.

Unnamed sources have been turned into a crutch used to push blatant lies to the public too many times. It's a tough one and I hate to say it but something needs to be done. I also think each news agency should be given a three-strikes policy in regards to printing lies. After the third time, the writer, editor and anyone else involved with approving a fictitious story should be fired.

I see no other way to restore honesty to the news media agencies. Until that happens, they will continue to be news entertainment. Similar to wrestlers.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   

The MSN just throws up these fake stories and see which sticks and if they can outrage people about trump

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Yes the MSM doesn't even care if it's proven false, because, in a sense, the damage has already been done. Some people wont even see the retraction and weeks later will still be talking about it with their buddies as if it's true. The MSM can just put out a retraction saying "oops", and all will be forgiven and (a lot of)people will still go to them for the truth.

I have been thinking, if someone had the resources and time, now would be a good time to start a news agency. A good old fashioned, non biased, fact based reporting, fact checking, rigorously sourced, non partisan, truthful news agency. I'd love to work for such an agency! Maybe I'll just start a blog or a youtube channel instead... sigh...
edit on 2/2/2017 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   

We need to stop believing anything we read and hear in the MSM. They quote mine and spin everything to create their fake narrative. Now they actually make things up as well.

They deserve our disdain and ridicule.

new topics

top topics

join