It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump's greatest service to America

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Kharron

Only thing is its being done in a very biased way with flawed logic. The most controversial action currently has to do with the "Muslim ban". First off this is a misnomer with a maximum of about 10% of world Muslims actually affected(3% margin of error). Second off is that yes it is legal. The Supreme Court gave the national government power to "exclude or expel aliens" in the case of Fong Yue Ting v. United States in 1893. Specifically the power was given to Congress and meant to be executed by the Executive branch. However, in the second half of the 20th century this power was delegated to the Executive branch through the Immigration and Nationality Act(INA from here on out) specifically in INA Acts 103(a)(1), 104, and 221(h). The last one(221(h)) deals with visas or other documents already handed out.

The next defense the left has used is the Constitution, both 1st and 5th Amendments. There is no mention of specific religions in the EO and the 5th Amendment deals with court proceedings and not immigration.

I am glad people are scrutinizing the government, but their reasons are flawed and their arguments equally flawed.

Sources:
Supreme Court Case: supreme.justia.com...

INA Table of Contents: www.uscis.gov...

INA Act 103(attorney general): www.uscis.gov...-0-0-168

INA Act 104(Dept. Of State): www.uscis.gov...-0-0-170

INA Act 221(Issuance of Visas and Other Documents): www.uscis.gov...-0-0-222

Executive Order: www.whitehouse.gov...

Apologies if this isn't what you meant, but the "wakening" that I've seen is merely extremely biased protest against the administration, but let us hope it is an awakening that crosses, or goes beyond, party lines.
edit on 31-1-2017 by ksiezyc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ksiezyc

What I meant was looking at all these actions from above, finding a larger context. Whether you agree or disagree with all these parts of a whole, such as the immigration ban, the wall, gag orders -- they're all just means to an end.

The people are more engaged in daily politics, they're getting more passionate and researching topics -- in one word, they're awakening. And an awakening leads to revolution throughout history.

Is the awakening part of the plan in order to collapse the old order and usher in a new one or did their backing fail and our awakening just made it more difficult for the shadow government to operate?

If their involvement is going as planned I feel Trump will be made a martyr once his role is finished, but if it's backfired he will still be martyred and the situation rectified. In either case, they will have been right -- to them, he is quite literally 'a man of use.'

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron

In other words is the awakening planned or is their backing of Trump unexpectedly backfiring by waking people up?

I'm not so sure about that premise at all. As an outsider, I've always seen so many Americans as seriously political in this two party system, It's almost like two nations each of which have to follow one party or the other, while overall they trust no one in politics, but especially not the other side, how do you get things done reasonably in that climate, do you have to bribe your opposite number?
Trump though is something else, he has a serious ego, is a crook, and the kind of thuggy guy decent Mothers would protect their children against. it'll only get worse now that he is President.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   

They aren't researching. Not the young ones. If they did they would know it isn't a Muslim ban and the above would be known to them. That did not take long to research, yet it seems to be too much to ask for of the youth. I am surrounded by these people. My main area of residence in a small town is half college students. More engaged yes, but blindly so.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   

One small problem with that... The people that oppose him are only capable of rioting and looting, not of an actual uprising...lol

Jaden

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   

The problem with swaying masses: entropy and personality.

Your message will dilute over time, like a Chinese Whisper. To compound this, you have individuals within a group that will perform outside the parameters of the group on the whole. Some will perform in a way that the group can be swayed. All it takes is 10% of any population to believe anything, and they will then sway the rest of the population. I can cite this if need be.

On an individual, you can use tactics tailored for that individual. Brainwashing people isn't hard....you just have to traumatize them, then save them. It could be as simple as being the cause of intense physical pain, then following that up with providing them comfort and relief. Its brainwashing 101. To do this to the masses requires, as you mentioned, increasing amounts of trauma.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join