It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas 'Muslim Day' beefs up security over political climate

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Muslim organizers of a rally in [Austin, TX] said they were taking extra security precautions Tuesday, including hiring private security guards, as hundreds arrived on buses amid growing discord over President Donald Trump's immigration ban.

Mustaafa Carroll, executive director of the Houston chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations, said this was the first year they had provided armed security on buses heading to Austin for the rally. He said it was mainly to help his people feel at ease amid heightened tensions nationwide and a small band of anti-Muslim protesters who greeted them in 2015.

Texas 'Muslim Day' beefs up security over political climate

Armed security for CAIR?!?
Are you kidding me?!?

Consider if I went to Tehran with armed men on buses to celebrate Christian day…
This would be considered an act of war...

Who the heck are Muslims afraid of?
Texans?

Look around the world for christs sake...oops, I said Christ...
Look around the world for allahs sake...there, is that better?

-Chris

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

Would be a perfect time for the left to plant some nutcase to do some nasty things and then point the finger at Trump..

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   

More jobs???
I do not think they will be needed but hey jobs are good right?
If they are "armed" security as your quote indicates, they will be familiar with the local laws and the local law enforcement.
Texas is an open carry state. This is not really a big deal.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Are you forgetting about the terrorist attack that just happened at a Canadian mosque by a right-wing supporting person?

French-Canadian Student Charged With Murdering 6 In Quebec City Mosque

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   
If they believe in religious freedom why don't they speak out about the oppression of other religions in their home countries and protest that as well?

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

More jobs???
I do not think they will be needed but hey jobs are good right?
If they are "armed" security as your quote indicates, they will be familiar with the local laws and the local law enforcement.
Texas is an open carry state. This is not really a big deal.

I don't care if you call them armed "fairies" the fact is that an Islamic group has armed men in buses headed to my states capital...

Oops, I said "fairies"....do u think the Muslims will be offended since they are so great about the equal rights of women and homosexuals...

What's that you say??
Sharia wants to subjugate women and punish homosexuality with prison and/or death....
Those are just minor details...

Anyhow, back to the armed "security" for cair...

Can they not ask their beloved "prophet" and his beautiful wife aisha(Google her) for protection?

Surely islams magic sky dude can step away from eating pizza for a minute and protect his worshippers..

-Chris

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Armed security for CAIR?!? Are you kidding me?!? Consider if I went to Tehran with armed men on buses to celebrate Christian day… This would be considered an act of war...

Huh?

Are the people attending this rally not American citizens? Is Iran some sort of standard for religious freedom and tolerance? Don't we live in the United States of America, a country where freedom of religion is enshrined in the Bill of Rights?

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

Are you forgetting about the terrorist attack that just happened at a Canadian mosque by a right-wing supporting person?

I'll raise your one attack to a bazillion from the pathetically under-reported Wikipedia:
en.m.wikipedia.org...

-Chris

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   
What's wrong with Americans using the 2nd amendment to protect themselves?

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Yeah, how dare American Muslims agree with the 2nd Amendment. (facepalm)

I've said many times that I'm pro-gun rights for the most part. And this is exactly one of the reasons for that stance. Once those first armed anti-mosque protests were announced a few years ago, I've actively encouraged mosques to tighten their security & Muslims to learn their gun rights. So I think this is a smart move.

Also, we usually have police protection at our Eid festivals and other religious events anyway. So I don't see a problem w/them hiring security guards in this instance.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

And don't forget crap like this:

If I'm not mistaken, this was at one of those armed protests when right wing Islamophobes were protesting at American mosques. Why should we make ourselves sitting targets?

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Armed security for CAIR?!? Are you kidding me?!?

Don't American Muslims have the right to hire someone for protection, if they wish to do so? Consider it an exercise of the 2nd amendment.

Consider if I went to Tehran with armed men on buses to celebrate Christian day… This would be considered an act of war...

Ok. What's your point? Are we trying to be like Tehran and make this an issue, or do we allow them to do whatever they want within the law?

Who the heck are Muslims afraid of? Texans?

Probably afraid of ignorant idiots that hate Muslims. Plenty of idiots out there.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Armed security for CAIR?!? Are you kidding me?!? Consider if I went to Tehran with armed men on buses to celebrate Christian day… This would be considered an act of war...

Huh?

Are the people attending this rally not American citizens? Is Iran some sort of standard for religious freedom and tolerance? Don't we live in the United States of America, a country where freedom of religion is enshrined in the Bill of Rights?

Did you miss the part where the man quoted in the op, said "His people" ?

Are they American Citizens? Or not?

'' He said it was mainly to help his people ''

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
If they believe in religious freedom why don't they speak out about the oppression of other religions in their home countries and protest that as well?

How do you know they aren't? Do you pay any attention at all to the progressive movements in Muslim-majority countries? Or are you relying on the MSM to get your news?

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Seeing liberals invoke the 2nd amendment to defend islamists would be hysterical were it not so tragic...

I'm guessing none of yall have ever spent a day in a sharia country...

Let alone lived in one as a female or, Allah forbid, a homosexual...

Islam is an ethos bereft of morality whose sensibilities reside squarely in the Stone Age...

-Chris

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Probably a situation where people have had this forced on them rather than asked and now the Muslims are being blamed for it..

Similar to places "banning" Christmas lights to not offend yet when you ask Muslims if they are offended by the lights they say it's a non topic, so what has actually happened here is a bunch of regressive left assholes have made a problem out of nothing and all that does is pushes the blame onto people that they oh so want to represent...

F#cking idiots...

RA

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
... have police protection at our Eid festivals and other religious events anyway

Hmmmmm...

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Religion.

Your doing it wrong when you bring ARMED security to a 'peaceful' gathering.

Isn't that just precious.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Huh?

Not to mention that these US citizens are protected by the same 2nd Amendment that white Christians are.......

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Seeing liberals invoke the 2nd amendment to defend islamists would be hysterical were it not so tragic...

Even more trajic that not just a few short months ago they were screaming NO FlY.NO BUY. NO GUN.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join