It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former DEA “Chief Propagandist” Says Agency Knows Cannabis Is Safe, Keeps It Illegal for Profit

page: 1

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 06:26 AM
link   
I thought this article was interesting with regards to what a former member/spokes person of the DEA had to say about Pot. I do believe the decimalization and even the growing of the plant should take place, especially for medical uses. I am not a user or a grower... I never needed anything but coffee to get me going or a nap to mellow me out.. However with all the literature on the benefits in certain medical cases the conspirator in me seems to agree with the article... I have not heard much good coming from a bottle of whiskey and other things which are legal in many countries..However there does seem to be a case for pot.

Nelson represented the DEA in the international media from 1998 to 2004. She did regular appearances on the talk show circuit, including the Oprah Winfrey show and Nightline, espousing the dangers of cannabis. Today she advocates for its medical use, specifically in the treatment of chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE) in professional football players through an organization she founded: The Gridiron Cannabis Foundation.

“[When they hired me] they forgot to get me to sign a confidentiality agreement—and boy did I know the dirt. They called me in and said ‘name your price, $10,000 a month? $20,000? What do you want Belita?’”

She said she left the office screaming, “You know this is safe and you are keeping it from people who are sick! I am not taking your money and you better worry about what I am going to say!”

If you think the DEA are the good guys, they are not. They are really not. We are talking corruption on steroids.

www.activistpost.com...
thefreethoughtproject.com...

ASA groups the false claims into four categories: 1) “cannabis’ alleged capacity to induce psychosis, 2) “cannabis’ alleged capacity to induce lung cancer and cause damage comparable to that caused by tobacco use, 3) the “gateway theory” to use of other drugs, 4) “alleged permanency of cannabis-associated cognitive deficits.”

So we all have heard how much money the big guys make off of the distribution of pot and Cocaine.. The international trade is so much bigger than most could even guess IMO.. The trade certainly financed Iran Contra back in the day, No?
DEA and Drug lords; coc aine baby... just one of many stories youtu.be...

DEA and CIA... not much doubt certain segments of both deal in drugs except for the most uninformed who refuse to look at the evidence ? youtu.be...

I could go on beating a dead horse.. I started to post the poppy fields of Afghanistan and how the proceeds from the sales are doing all kinds of nefarious things around the world... but as the great infamous stateswoman once said, "what difference does it make"! It will just be business as usual unless the new administration starts really playing hard ball with some of the drug dealers in both the DEA and CIA.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 07:00 AM
link   
For the cynical, this almost qualifies as old news.

The DEA and CIA have been in the drug business for a long time.

I support the organization LEAP, Law Enforcement Against Prohibition. www.leap.cc...

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

We've known forever about the CIA running drugs but this makes you wonder what other type of propagandist they hire. Funny they didn't make her sign a confidentiality agreement. Someone probably got fired over that.

Trump has said he thinks it is a state issue.

Donald Trump softened his tone on marijuana legalization on Thursday, saying at a political rally that states should be allowed to legalize marijuana if they chose to do so. Trump reaffirmed that he supports making medical marijuana available to patients who are very sick.

Though Jeff Sessions is totally against it.

There is plenty of proof it helps medically. Watch what it does for a man with parkinsons.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 07:05 AM
link   

May the good Lord love her and bless her and hold her and keep her safe... she's going to need all the help she can get.

“[When they hired me] they forgot to get me to sign a confidentiality agreement—and boy did I know the dirt. They called me in and said ‘name your price, $10,000 a month? $20,000? What do you want Belita?’”

This ^^^ is how (and why) the truth is now made criminal, and it's something we all should understand and take to heart: No matter how much we think we know, we really DON'T KNOW (!!!) because the whole truth cannot be told thanks to things like confidentiality agreements and non-disclosure clauses and gag orders and secret courts and secret court orders.

I have said it before and I'll say it again: The criminalization of cannabis is literally -- in fact and in deed -- a crime against humanity. Our bodies' immune systems physically need cannabinoids to function properly, efficiently and optimally. And anyone not demanding complete decriminalization is aiding and abetting that crime against all humanity. Denying folks the recreational use of a natural God-given plant is bad enough... but denying suffering and dying people the medicine they need is cruel, sadistic and inhumane.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Good points! So, all I can take from all this... is that citizens need to redefine criminals, and split them into 2 groups... the ones we are scared of, and the ones we are mad at.

For those doing harm to themselves, I do not wish to imprison you. I wish society offered healing and treatment instead of confinement for your personal choices.

For those doing harm to other citizens in the country, I would gladly pay extra in taxes to keep you locked up with other evil doers.

Laws that are made for what people choose to do to themselves, morally right or wrong, can only lead to long term negative consequences. I know it may sound crazy, but once the black market of it erodes the taboo hidden cultures will no lomger have to hide... which will enable healing of their self medicating in a more open forum and better functioning therapy programs for drug users.

Just watch... when Marijuana is legal throughout the country, and the U.S. can get back to being a hemp exporting nation, we will all see how Mexican cartel marijuana becomes irrelevant. that's right, because the black market (where criminals operate business) is null and void. Why do Cartels sell heroin now instead of marijuana and coc aine you ask? Easy... because big pharma gets our citizens hooked on it and the users are forced to the black market to keep using... and in come the cartels, with no need to advertise their goods... Americans are already hooked.

Now, with marijuana legalizing, we will see the opiate epidemic skyrocket... because people don't convulse or are they willing to be dead to overcome the pains of opiate addiction when they are in withdrawal from marijuana.

WAY TO GO REGULATION!!! Thanks for creating a black market and getting my family and friends hooked on opiates! Maybe another law or 2 will erase a black market, and then we just sit back and watch our citizens die... or just throw them behind bars where the opiates are even more readily available somehow... thanks for your failed attempts at seeing reason!

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Like we didn't know this since the 50's,the DEA and Mexico work hand and hand work together,that country is crooked as a dog's hind leg,these liberals whine about rights,you basically have none there,my relatives their were Drs,Head of Mexican army,cousin's own 3 major corporations there,in reality it's like here,the Basques and Spanish are the prosperous ones,they call the rest Indians,people say country's are different,but are they truly? the elite rule everything they make the laws

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

Sessions just recently said something to the effect that if Maryjane should be legal, then Congress needs to pass a law declaring it so.

That's the rub on the whole thing. These politicians sit there and rile people up and DO NOTHING but pass the blame onto someone else.

Obama had 8 years to do something and did nothing. As a matter of fact, his own DOJ was thinking about making Kratom illegal!

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

These politicians sit there and rile people up and DO NOTHING but pass the blame onto someone else.

That's exactly what they do, wringing their hands all the while and pretending their hands are tied, but it's all part of the game. Protesters are given an outlet to vent and the illusion of a voice, but those with the power to do something know they will do nothing... or worse.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Yea, I think its his personal view that he is against it. He's saying that as attorney general he will enforce the laws that congress passes.

These politicians sit there and rile people up and DO NOTHING but pass the blame onto someone else.

Absolutely

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Why don't you awesome people petition Trump to create an executive order to wipe all laws regarding drugs (at least to level of the request of the LEAP people) in exactly 6 months or a year from the date of signing the EO?

Force them to deal with the issue.

Then do what you have to at a local level (letter writing, email bombing, whatever) to your leaders at the municipal, state and federal level to make the change happen?

Countries like mine generally fall in line with whatever you in the US do anyway, so realistically, yours has to be the first to make a major change.

If you have the science/facts to back it up, force it to happen.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Good post but is like you say a old drum beat .Thinking about it while viewing your post I couldn't help but notice that as far as a political Dem/GOP involvement as to two sides of the same coin we have the covert CIA where the ball bounced back and forth on that coin . Trump does not fit that coin because of the lack of support from all 3 sides to this coin .The sides being the CIA that always work around . Trump may look at the pot issue as, well at present there is a lot of money involved but the money is going both out of the country as well as supporting these nefarious covert CIA operations around the world .

Would it be choosing a lesser of two evils that could buy him time to possibly fix it ! Trump represents a change no matter which way you look at it . I think the only way it could get worse is to allow it to continue .But at the same time I don't think it could get worse as the covert operations would have always maximized their operations . Trump may just do something that was a mistake that brings the house of cards down .

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Sessions flop flopped on it! I'll find a link really quick.

“The United States Congress has made the possession of marijuana in every state, and distribution of it, an illegal act,” Sen. Sessions testified. “If that’s something is not desired any longer, Congress should pass a law to change the rule.”

www.findclearchoice.com...
edit on 30-1-2017 by PlasticWizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Cannibis is practically a panacea in Ayurveda and Tibetan medicine. It is a very common component of many medicines -- even in small quantities, with other herbal components mixed properly, it is supposed to have hundreds of possible applications.

By itself obviously it has many possible benefits as well. It saves lives. Believe it or not. Now we wouldn't want anything that good in the hands of the poor, suffering common people, would we? Especially when it costs so little to grow oneself.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Last I heard Session's was leaning for..surprisingly.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Namdru

They hate it when they cant control it.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   
the "gateway theory" is ridiculous!! there is only one gateway drug and that is Alcohol, dutch courage.
if anything MJ would do the opposite because it makes you more wary/paranoid.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: Namdru

They hate it when they cant control it.

They hate it when there is no black market for them to participate in.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Davg80
the "gateway theory" is ridiculous!! there is only one gateway drug and that is Alcohol, dutch courage.
if anything MJ would do the opposite because it makes you more wary/paranoid.

a reply to: Davg80

Except for people ratting me out a few times in high school and college, cannibis never got me into trouble.

FIrst time I ever got drunk, though, I slipped on ice on walking the dog and broke my leg (age 15). Got about four dozen other stories like that -- broken bones, wrecked cars, wrecked marriages, fist fights, one or two arrests, expensive lawyers, a ruined reputation.

None of them involved cannibis AT ALL. Not even a little. Every single one DID involve alcohol and cigarettes.

Since I switched to something else for my prescribed medication needs I haven't had one, well just one broken bone, and that I blame on too little sleep. No fights, divorces, or holes punched in walls for years now. No more angry women, either.

join