It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Middle east oil and implosion.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   
In Saudi Arabia you have the Wahhabi's..in Yemen you have the Shiites. The Saudis have had many years stockpiling weapons, curtesy of the U.S.A. The king of Saudi Arabia has just given pilots that bombed Yemen a nice Mercedes Benz each for their bravery at bombing undefended villages. If that's not crazy enough, he has many thousands of Shiites from Yemen working on the oil rigs. Does he think that he can indiscriminately, bomb a neighbouring country and not get his oil rigs blown up and sabotaged. Well apparently the oil rigs are getting targeted, which isn't being reported in the MSN (again) reports are saying that the attacks are escalating. The middle east seems to have some sort of death wish, and a dream of returning to camel trains, maybe they are right, who knows. But stopping the dependence on middle eastern oil might be a great idea.vvwww.theguardian.com...
The idea of bombing someone and it having no repercussions, must require some sort of god complex. The casualties living relatives are going to take revenge.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

I just finished reading this piece where the author goes into a possible truth about oil that is both shocking and believable .

Rex Tillerson, former CEO of the ExxonMobil oil colossus is not designated Secretary of State because of his diplomatic experience. He is there because clearly the Trump Project of those Patriarchs behind Trump–ones such as Warren Buffett, David Rockefeller, Henry Kissinger and others–want a person from Big Oil guiding American foreign policy the coming four years. Already as President, Trump has given the green light to the controversial KeystoneXL pipelines that will not ship US oil, but costly Canada Tar Sands sludge. His EPA plans a friendly stance to the environmental hazards of shale oil production. But most essential, with Secretary Tillerson, the US plans a major reorganization of control over oil, reminding of the oft-cited Kissinger statement, “If you control the oil you control entire nations or groups of nations.” journal-neo.org...
If true then we are being duped with a myth that has no basis in science ....enjoy

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

You are right, when Nixon left the Gold standard, and we started to trade "Blips" The long term projection was that by about now, all of Americas Gold reserves would have ended up in the Middle east. It would have been a dire event as their would have been no back trade, which would leave the U.S.A. as devoid of real assets as Britain was when China opened up back always, and caused a British spike in Indian opium, to go into China through the back door, as way of recompense.
Remembering that the Middle East and in this case Saudi Arabia, had no real borders, they were drawn in straight survey lines on a map, with no regards to tribal and ethnic customs. The Pax Extractius was then imposed, as the need for M.E. oil decreases, I suppose its the same as when the Romans left Britain, the tribes fought it out and established their own borders. We are probably seeing this as the Pax is being withdrawn.
We might even see a return to hard assets to back a currency as well, because the "Blips" are causing decreases in real interest rates, as the virtual debt is getting unstastainable, with regards to interest payments. However I am assuming the Gold reserves still exist.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   
The thing about Yemen is that it's not that simple.

Saudi Arabia are supporting one side and Iran are supporting the other. Just another everyday story of Muslims killing Muslims. Atrocities are being carried out by all parties, so while it is convenient to blame the Saudis and the Americans (who provide support), it i not helpful to paint half the canvas.

The civil war in Yemen has been going on for decades at some level, including the previous seperation into North and South.

Yemen is just like the rest of the Middle east and North Africa - a disaster area. Pipelines and oil are just part of the rich tapestry of violence that would be happening whether the US was there, or not.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
In Saudi Arabia you have the Wahhabi's..in Yemen you have the Shiites. The Saudis have had many years stockpiling weapons, curtesy of the U.S.A. The king of Saudi Arabia has just given pilots that bombed Yemen a nice Mercedes Benz each for their bravery at bombing undefended villages. If that's not crazy enough, he has many thousands of Shiites from Yemen working on the oil rigs. Does he think that he can indiscriminately, bomb a neighbouring country and not get his oil rigs blown up and sabotaged. Well apparently the oil rigs are getting targeted, which isn't being reported in the MSN (again) reports are saying that the attacks are escalating. The middle east seems to have some sort of death wish, and a dream of returning to camel trains, maybe they are right, who knows. But stopping the dependence on middle eastern oil might be a great idea.vvwww.theguardian.com...
The idea of bombing someone and it having no repercussions, must require some sort of god complex. The casualties living relatives are going to take revenge.

It's not just the middle east, look at how many people in the US (you can find many on this board) want to shun the last 100 years of progress, live a subsistence lifestyle, die young, and ideally kill a few Muslims on their way out.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

It's because they are not happy. The modern world has a lot to offer, but if you get stressed out and sick because of it a lot of people think "Is it really worth it". Then alternatives get to be looked at.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity

It's because they are not happy. The modern world has a lot to offer, but if you get stressed out and sick because of it a lot of people think "Is it really worth it". Then alternatives get to be looked at.

That's an interesting way to look at it, why are people unhappy? Most (though not all) of the people I've seen with this mindset are people that aren't STEM educated and the world has basically passed them by. Technology might as well be magic rather than science, and actual science like chemistry, biology, climatology, geology, and so on is incomprehensible.

A lot of people don't want to keep up with the world, and the world is moving at a fast pace these days. I see it in many people, I wish I had a better solution but I don't. I see a lot of modern day analogies to the Luddites.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   

The human condition isn't that great at the best of times. So for their to be one rich man their has to be ten poor, that's just the way it works out. The poorer you are the less relevant you feel. The society has just bypassed a big proportion of the population, and its made them irrelevant. So you ask yourself would I actually have a higher standard of living, in a self sustainable lifestyle. Raising enough crops and chicken and building a Cabin someplace. The sad fact is that the answer in most cases would be yes.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

I don't know about that. Spending 12 hours a day working on a farm just to feed myself isn't what I would call a high quality of life. Even working at McDonalds where you only work 8 hours a day, and get to do it in a heated/ac building out of the elements provides for a better lifestyle. You're going to be poor in both, but one has a significantly higher quality of life than the other.

If someone is irrelevant, it's on them to retrain, it's not hard to do. I don't have much sympathy on that front considering my field requires literal non stop retraining. Change is part of life, nothing is permanent.
edit on 31-1-2017 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join