It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Attachment:' item when posting.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I just noticed an item called 'Attachment:' that allows you to upload files when making a post.

How long has that been there?

Any restrictions on file size?

[edit on 30-1-2005 by AceOfBase]

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Uhh where AOB? I saw it around the same time the server transition happened but never tryed it as it kept appearing and disappearing so I assumed it wasn't working. I do not see it now though, did you see it on the bottom left or right?

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
Uhh where AOB? I saw it around the same time the server transition happened but never tryed it as it kept appearing and disappearing so I assumed it wasn't working. I do not see it now though, did you see it on the bottom left or right?

It was working on another thread but I tried it on this one and it wasn't there.
I also tried it on an ATSNN thread and it didn't work.

It does appear on the thread below:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

EDIT: Reply to a post and look right below the quoted text, above the items that say:

Disable smileys?
Use signature?
Turn BBCode off?

[edit on 30-1-2005 by AceOfBase]

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Odd... So what does it do? Upload i guess? I am uncertain as to the usefullness as you need to know the ats file name before you post a pic and such or am I missing something here...

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 08:28 AM
link   
You know, im pretty sure ive seen it before the server change, way before. its not here, which i find odd. never used it, neither here nor any of the other webboards, always seemed kind of superfluous. i imagine its so you can share files with people, like a pdf or short .mpg, i dunno. ill check some others.

EDIT: From Ambrosia Software Web Board

If the admin has enabled it, you will also see a file attachments option, this will allow you to attach a file to be uploaded when making a post. Click the browse button to select a file from your computer to be uploaded. If you upload an image file, it may be shown in the content of the post, all other file types will be linked to.

Hope that helps, i figure the bolded parts are the important parts. not sure if the admin enabling it part applies here as well, as the design of the twoo are different, but its possible. ask, oh, i dunno, and admin.

[edit on 1/30/2005 by Amorymeltzer]

[edit on 1/30/2005 by Amorymeltzer]

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 08:36 AM
link   
If I recall correctly, post attachements are an integral part of XMB in the newer versions and a modification for the older versions.
You can enable/disable it at will as admin of a forum.
Might be it got flipped on and off by accident a couple of times.

There is a good chance that it doesn't work though, seeing the extensive modificating the ATS XMB forum has undergone.

Might be that SO is working on implementing the feature again and needs to flip it on and off sometimes for testing.

[edit on 30-1-2005 by thematrix]

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Nope, I used to remember seeing it on a few forums, but not on others. Iv never actually tried it tho.

Its basically so you can upload 1 file that would go along with your post, so people can download, usually it has a limit of 1KB, on most boards.

Iv just tried the one on Medical Issues, which seems to be the only board that has it, and the image I tried attaching doesnt work. So that solves the working issue.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamlandmafia
Its basically so you can upload 1 file that would go along with your post, so people can download, usually it has a limit of 1KB, on most boards.

1KB?!?!

top topics

join