It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star of Stage and Screen Sir John Hurt passes aged 77

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Sir John was a talented , versatile and distinctive actor who's career spanned six decades with over 129 film appearances and countless stage and TV roles.
His most groundbreaking role was as Joseph Merrick the so called Elephant Man but he played everything from a rabbit in Watership Down to a wandmaker in the Harry Potter films , his talent knew no bounds.

John Hurt recieving his BAFTA award for outstanding British contribution to cinema in 2012 .

Rest in Peace Sir John , you were the epitome of a Great British actor.
You will be missed.

edit on 28-1-2017 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 03:31 AM
link   
I enjoyed quite a few of his film and tv shows over the years,to my wife he is the voice of a dragon in Merlin which she loves.
A sad day in the movie world that's for sure going to have a day of his films today rip John
a reply to: gortex

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 05:00 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Oh no..you had to spoil my weekend. Sad, what a great actor. Unless he was badly cast, I dont think I hated any of his movies

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Damn. damn damn damn damn.

I really enjoyed his acting and I was so thrilled to see him on Dr Who [ playing The War Dr. ]. At one point, I thought they were going to actually pick him to play The Dr, but, sadly, it was just for one of the specials.

Can you imagine........!!

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

I think he would have made a great Doctor mate , sadly an opportunity missed.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I've just been reminded through the remembrances of others of John hurt's portrayal of the Emperor Caligula in the BBCs adaptation of I, CLAUDIUS , memorable TV and a performance from Hurt that for me exemplifies the brilliance of the actor.

edit on 28-1-2017 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   
"Christie done it!"
Gutted, properly gutted

I was once told I look a little like John Hurt, which I really enjoyed.

top topics

join