It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump slipped up ".. when i was in my other world" JOHN TITOR - TIME TRAVEL WHOOPS

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: OveRcuRrEnteD
a reply to: eriktheawful
here's the archive from the Art Bell website where it started.

archive

paste this into search: bbs.artbell.com...

oh no, that's not cnn so it can't be credible

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: SwagLord

The whole issue of Time travel and world lines that differ sort of defeats the whole going back for change. The world would be different and the task at hand might not be valid. Even if there is a change the result world would not be the one targeted in the first place.

Either there is one line or the whole idea of fixing it fails.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

that is assuming one reality.
but since we live in a multiverse multiple realities can exist at the same time!
so if person a from reality a goes back in time to alter something in reality a, it becomes reality b and person a is now resident of reality b and has vanished from reality a.
considering the mechanics for this is quantum, it is yet not fully understood in our reality but rest assured we will fully understand the concepts of time travel very shortly.

but tldr, your hypothesis assumes there is only one reality in which your statement would be true.

for example, if i invent a time machine, go back in time - only to destroy that very time machine before i went back in time - if there was only one reality that would create a paradox.

but since a brand new reality starts when I destroy that time machine thus never went back in time, i would have altered only the reality in which I came from, and am now resident in to me; a brand new reality in which i never went back in time. but with the memories of indeed going back in time.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rookseven
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

You all keep saying "probably". That denotes un-suredness.

Sorry but it was too funny to pass up!

Of course we are unsure, who is totally sure about anything in this world?

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: SwagLord
I just came across this yesterday on the Tube and watched it last night. This seems like an appropriate place to share it.
It's about a guy who finds out about a way to travel back 12 hours in time. It's a typical time travel story about trying to save someone but it does has a few fun twists. Enjoy!

oh, since I never really addressed the OP, I have read the Titor/Trump thread and have done a little research on the subject. With that said, I think it is more likely that Trump was referring to his business life vs his political life as different worlds....which they are

edit on 1/27/2017 by OveRcuRrEnteD because: more

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join