It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Strategist Steve Bannon Says Media Should ‘Keep Its Mouth Shut’

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
We should have a state run media so we can get the real truth like in North Korea, China and Venezuela.

We had that for the last eight years.

They said Clinton was going to win.

Doh!

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Remember this gem.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I certainly understand how Bannon confuses private corporations for an opposition party, because he himself is the product of a private political machine, via Robert Mercer (the person responsible for taking over the last Trump campaign reins).

No, Mr. Bannon, while political parties are left out of the Constitution, freedom of the press is in the Constitution, the First Amendment, in fact, in case you forgot. The press is not "an opposition party". You are so confused. Telling them to shut up and listen is abridging their freedom. You probably got away with talk like that within your family, friends, associates, but you are in government now. In fact, you seem to be Trump's Brain, like Karl Rove was Bush's Brain: "The media has zero integrity, zero intelligence, and no hard work."

You, Mr. Bannon, are appallingly boorish and really are not a good fit for American Democracy. You likened yourself to Lenin and want to "destroy the state". I wish you could have done that somewhere else, but, sadly, we are stuck with you. You are a public servant, Mr. Bannon, and as an American citizen I want YOU to, let me put it in words you'll understand, STFU.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   
trump should just use his billions to buy the msm and dismantle it...problem solved
edit on 26-1-2017 by Jiggly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
a reply to: neo96

Remember this gem.

Remember when the left said Trump would be a move towards authoritarian nationalism? Sucks to be correct sometimes.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Well I for one am not going to get upset until Trump starts using the IRS to bully political opposition into silence like the Obama administration did.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: desert

Nah. What a bunch of two bit whining. Press are so special are they? They can be told to shut up. They don't have to shut up and I am certain that not even the administration plans on them really shutting up but they can tell them to shut their big flap if they want to. Free country.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Don't lump the entire media as the reason for the division. It's the fake news that has been coming out from Faux News and Alex Jones that has been spread about for 20+ years. That is the root of the division you see in America. The fact that the right wingers here will strongly disagree with this statement shows how much brainwashing has occurred over the years to make them feel this way.

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
a reply to: Profusion

Considering the media is one of the main reasons the country is so divided. Yes they should shut up and just listen until they have the integrity to be truthful .. But of course that won't happen

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: SeekingAlpha

LOL and nice try. Do you listen to Alex do you?

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Nothing quite like a Harvard educated Goldman Sachs alumni turned executive chair of a burgeoning media empire funded by his billionaire buddy calling anyone else a "media elite."

Steve Bannon's abject hypocrisy knows no limits. He's presided over one of the most politically biased rags on the Internet for years. And this?

“The mainstream media has not fired or terminated anyone associated with following our campaign,” Mr. Bannon said. “Look at the Twitter feeds of those people: They were outright activists of the Clinton campaign.” (He did not name specific reporters or editors.)

“That’s why you have no power,” he added. “You were humiliated.”

Is he suffering from sort of mental illness? Breitbart was openly in the bag for Cruz and then Trump once the Mercer-Bannon-Conway team went Trump. What about Sean Hannity? He was in a f'ing campaign ad. Lou Dobbs? Basically 90% of the Fox News/Fox Business News personalities/reporters were openly campaigning for Trump. And talk radio? Jesus. What about Laura Ingraham? She's also editor-in-chief of LifeZette (and founder I think?).

Steve Bannon, would be tyrant's toadie, needs to shut his mouth.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   
WOW!

That's bad.

(post by Deny Arrogance removed for a manners violation)
(post by veracity removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Self explanatory.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   
The reason this bothers people so much, even people that dont like the majority of media like myself, is that they're putting 2 and 2 togeher and looking at the sum of his administration's comments (On only Day 6 nonetheless) combined with the extreme narcissism many see in Trump's personality over the last 30-40 years, and are worried about how far this may go.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I don't want the media to shut up, I just don't want them to be liberal propagandists. Unfortunately that's what they are. Bannon wasn't trying to silence the media, he was just pointing out how out of touch they are with 31 of 50 states. If the media would cut out their liberal hysteria, and actually try to understand Trump and his supporters, the country would be much better served. Criticize him as appropriate, but calling him a fascist, comparing him to Hitler etc., is ludicrous.

(post by Deny Arrogance removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: trb71
The reason this bothers people so much, even people that dont like the majority of media like myself, is that they're putting 2 and 2 togeher and looking at the sum of his administration's comments (On only Day 6 nonetheless) combined with the extreme narcissism many see in Trump's personality over the last 30-40 years, and are worried about how far this may go.

Well the Opposition Media, lets call it, is itself trying to lead the country under the banner of 1984 Truth Ministry, independent naturally. They don't get a pass. They commentate on everything more than simply report news. Even now down to the local levels that news heads commentate, gesture, use facial expression, tone ect to pitch, slant, ect. They cant have a pass for their clear partisan event interpretation. Just cant. Its all far more danger than a Pres press sec tell press to shut its yap. Press are like school of piranha really. They need to be told to shut their big potty mouth once in a while. Gosh do you think it hurt their feelings?

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   
The O.P. is on the mark, shutting down the press coverage of Trump is not a good thing for our country.
edit on 26pmThu, 26 Jan 2017 21:11:13 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   
The media has lied and even aided in felony crimes because of their lies, so if Trump decided to bomb media companies headquarters he would be doing the country a great service. Stamping out crime and all that. The media is no more than glorified organized crime in their own special category.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join