It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I rant, but it saved me

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   

I rant, but it actually saved me

If your travel plans do not include a medical insurance, do not come to South Africa. Due to corruption and unavailability of funds you will most likely die like many South Africans if you get sick. Not because of our Doctor’s capabilities but because of the system.

South Africa cannot cope with available medical facilities for its own people and therefore developed a system that will take between 3-6 months to reach the final stage to be helped. But if they think it’s not serious enough you are send home on a waiting list to be contacted when they have an opening, which means your are placed in “file 13” Although emergencies are mostly handle more seriously do not expect to be helped. Personally I was told one morning around 02:00 with a blood pressure of around 200 that I must go to the clinic because I wasn’t looking sick enough without a simple blood pressure test. The clinic was able to see me around 09:00 and send me back to emergency because I was an emergency according to them. Luckily I didn’t have a stroke.

While following the system I was lucky to eventually be admitted to be operated on. Then another test, oops, sir would you like to go home for the weekend, come back Monday as we missed your theater time while waiting for your results.

Once back in hospital, there is one more test so you missed you theater time again. Then the student Doctor are send to explain that it’s to close to holiday time and the labs are 2 weeks behind schedule. They only do emergencies over holidays and you must please come back next year with no medicine or treatment plan.

Ok, 6 weeks of staying alive with natural remedies (trail and error). On arrival I was now told they must first find a new theater time for me, so go home for another 2 weeks. I lost it and challenge them with the fact that they want me to die to save money, but were flatly told that more urgent cases came in, using their red tape in the system to protect themselves. I ignored them and asked to see the professor in charge and one of the surgeons came in calling himself a professor. Sir, you are a very serious case and we are struggling to get all the teams together at the same time in theater for the 3 in 1 operation (thorax, diaphragm & hernia and intestine/kidney cancer). We will discuss your case to be prioritized (that after about 4+ months).

I can even see what my next postponement will be. Sir you are now too weak/old to handle the 3 in 1 operation.
The plus point is that in this time my cancer tumor has shrunken because of my home remedy treatment. The remedy “RadiationAndCancer in 2014 thread” seems to be working for me. They now only have to remove my stomach from between my heart and lung which isn’t that big a deal in 2017 anymore. I also find that lots of crust garlic work in my case to ease the stomach pressure on the heart for my fluctuating blood pressure (which I worked out myself). I also eat little but 8 times a day to relive possible pressure.

Thank you Steve Biko hospital, your red tape government system helped me to look at natural products. I count myself lucky as very few people could.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   
When businesses that had been quite happily trading in South Africa for years suddenly became altruistic, in the Nineteen Nineties, and averse to the apartheid system and left (Which had absolutely nothing to do with the massive fall of the price of gold, honest), many of the people and organisations that could have helped everyone to realise a much higher standard of living left as well.

My fiancé grew in Durban and Johannesburg with her family, in case anyone is wondering how I am able to contribute to this discussion with some, but not complete, authority.
edit on 25-1-2017 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   
If you have money to travel to SA I'm sure you have money for private healthcare.
Seriously, only the poor and stupid go to public healthcare facilities in this country.

I've visited a public clinic once before because our farm is in a rural area, my experience was fantastic.
I had a very nice, professional doctor examine me and the meds were free! - not the norm though.

For everything else I have a Discovery health plan.
If you have a serious ailment you are stupid to trust the public health sector in this country.
My sister has been working towards reforming it but unfortunately there is no cash to fund a public health insurance fund.

Anywho, just go to private facilities, if not possible, God Speed!

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Thank you for sharing your story. It makes a person wonder if the regimen itself is what reversed your plight or if it was your state of mind that drove the change. I'm sure it was a combination of both. Best of luck to you!

a reply to: ICycle2

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   
WOW! I guess I'm in agreement with the other poster; I'd never trust a foreign country's public health care system!

We've traveled all over the world for work and extraction / emergency medical care are top priorities with myself and my teams...even when not traveling in 3rd world countries.

new topics

top topics

join