It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's nominee to head CIA called for massive expansion of the Surveillance State.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Source

Congress should pass a law re-establishing collection of all metadata, and combining it with publicly available financial and lifestyle information into a comprehensive, searchable database. Legal and bureaucratic impediments to surveillance should be removed. That includes Presidential Policy Directive-28, which bestows privacy rights on foreigners and imposes burdensome requirements to justify data collection.

So the guy who is set to head the CIA wants Congress to pass a law which violates the Constitution ie the 4th Amendment...

Not to mention the fact that the CIA was created to operate OUTSIDE of our borders...

They also told us that "metadata" is nonspecific. So how would they match financial information to people without identifying them on some level?

"Lifestyle" information? What does that even mean?

"Burdensome requirements to justify data collection".

Isnt that the whole point of privacy and the 4th Amendment?

So sorry that the a government agency, which operates in complete and total secrecy, might be burdened by having to justify their warrant-less, unconstitutional, illegal spying.

How rude of the Founding Fathers to try and impose this horrible burden on our public servants.

edit on 22-1-2017 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Now imagine how bad it will be once all that info is collected and at the fingertips of a leader who wouldn't think twice about using it against people he disagrees with.

Wait a second....

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

when did the collection of data stop?
instead of the govt holding it dont the companies have to hold x amount in case it is needed?
foreigners do not have a right to privacy the nsa can legally spy on all their data

that said pompeo was a tea party guy guess he forgot about liberty

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   
They have us by the short and curlies, I implore everyone to run to the hills, run for your lives!!!

link   
...AND hack it so there ARE NO SECRETS any more and EVERYONE will HAVE to tell the TRUTH!
edit on 22-1-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

link   
Publicly available financial information?

I wonder if this would apply to Trump and his promises on his taxes?

link   

He doesn't even need congress to pass a law.

If anybody thinks that PRISM just went away and that the NSA just didn't rename it something else, you've gotta get your head checked.

Once he takes office, I think the new director will be quite pleased with what is going on surveillance wise.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   

I have to say that is downright disturbing. Brings a whole new meaning to the cash coup dry run in India. I don't think you can pin this mans opinions on Trump, but it does seem to be the moving forward theme.

This is also why I dontvwant government run healthcare...once they start analyzing your lifestyle they will start making all kinds of demands and rate increases.

This is international banking and insurance interests and frankly its sinister. We are on a run away train towards one helluva dystopian future.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Better idea:

Eliminate the CIA and NSA.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   
This is your work Trump supporters. Bask in it with confidence.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: pirhanna

just make them follow the laws on the books now
we need eyes on terrorists we just need those eyes to have enough integrity to watch ONLY the terrorists

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: FelisOrion

yeah cause obama stopped alphabet agencies from spying on americans

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Lets be honest, with the exception of Rand Paul, I doubt any other candidate would have been much different.

Its possible that Hillary would not have been as aggressive but I doubt she would have done anything to stop Obama's policy of continuing and expanding Bush's surveillance state.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I'm not sure which snappy catch phrase to go with on this one. "Both sides of the mouth" or " neither hand knows what the other hand is doing''.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   

I kind of assumed this was already taking place unless I missed something.

My biggest worry with Trump is his whole wipe out terrorism police the streets make every one "SAFE" talk.

I feel like somewhere a long the lines conspiracy theorists lost the plot?

I might be jaded but I assume everything there is to know about me is in NSA hands. I've been living under that assumption for at least 10 years.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

I might be jaded but I assume everything there is to know about me is in NSA hands. I've been living under that assumption for at least 10 years

i agree
i have assumed the same since the patriot act was passed

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   

And you are fulfilling the dialectic being pushed by furthering the 2 sided hatefilled narative.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: FelisOrion
This is your work Trump supporters. Bask in it with confidence.

If you think for a second that the Clintons (who used the dirt on every single person they could get their hands on to get where they are) wouldn't be all over this, you need your head checked.

The first thing bill did was as president was to order all the dirty details of every high ranking official on his desk- and those files were never seen again.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   
This is a joke, right?

So you're mad that Trump's guy is going to continue the same policies as Obama's guy?

edit on 22-1-2017 by abe froman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Yes, because expanding the digital equivalent of Stasi is so totally reflective of American values, we just adore being spied on down to even the last penny spent!

Actually, it brings to mind a Minority Report-like future. That premise was very disturbing.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join