It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A lie is still a lie

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Someone asked me the other day;" If a lie makes the world a better place, is it not justified ". For me a lie is a lie, no matter how you portray it. We tell stories to our young as a teaching method of survival, not to make them believe in a world that is metaphysical as a concept. A lie is still a lie, and as Mark Twain quoted;

"if you tell the truth, you dont have to remember anything"

If something real was not told, was it a lie? No, it wasnt, you find something real that makes the human race into something humane and make that into our reality which can transcend into something metaphysical, you dont lie, thats how simple it is.

Lying has a purpose, not an intent, if the intention falls in under purpose it loses its meaning.

But im not gonna lie, and say we dont lie, cause we all do. Im saying, dont make the lie into something real to hide your mistakes.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

Its a little late for that is it not?

We live in the age of the lie. It crept in slowly, but now more than ever, lies are winning the battle against truth, law victorious over its distant cousin, justice, idiocy winning out over rationality.

This warning could have been heeded to grand effect ten years ago, but the battle is already over, functionally speaking.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

well, this is a passage of ages.

I can quote someone, but since it made a fuzz the last time i quoted someone from these parts ill quote A. Stille instead.

If you repeat a lie often enough, people will believe it.
If you repeat a lie often enough, it becomes the truth.
If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it.
If you repeat a lie long enough, it becomes truth.
If you repeat a lie many times, people are bound to start believing it.

Attributed in "The Sack of Rome" by Alexander Stille, p. 14

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Where does pathogical lying fall into that?

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Lies never become the truth.
Even if people believe them. They are still lies.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   
A lie is a lie no matter how you try to justify it. I try not to lie. I try to determine if something is the truth or a lie, it is hard some time because there are some true things that are protected by lies instead of the real reason for them being accepted. I actually see quite a bit of that happening all over.

People make up things to get others to believe something is true, but their lie is not the answer, they do not really know why it is true. I research the real reason quite often and it is not the socially accepted reason half the time. There have been lies told since back in the time of the bible at minimum, evidence of it is in all texts for thousands of years.

I was told when I was young that you have to tell little white lies so you don't hurt people's feelings, leaving them live in delusion is acceptable I guess. I am getting older now, I wish I would have been told the truth more often now, I would have made far less mistakes in my life. I try to steer my kids in the right direction, I try to tell them beware of charge cards, we had a problem with those in the past. But it is socially acceptable to be in debt nowadays, and my daughters seem to be digging a grave. Mom and Dad can't help them out or we will always be helping them. In the bible they address the fact that debt is bad, you become a slave of the one you borrow from. Yet we have been led to believe otherwise. Iceland wiping out people's debt has made people here believe it will happen here someday. Guess what, that won't happen here, wake up to reality. So Iceland doing that means that people will keep on spending more and more and go farther and farther into debt.

Socially accepted lies are almost mandatory in this society. If you tell someone they are believing something that is a lie they get mad at you.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Do I look fat in this dress?
No you look beautiful...

Is a perfect lie, legalism is as bad as lying

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I carry the tattered remains of a chinese fortune cookie in my wallet:

"A Half Truth is a Whole Lie"

ganjoa

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
No you look beautiful...

Could a better answer be ...*The dress doesn't do you justice*?

and there for by pass the *fat* issue.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

originally posted by: Raggedyman
No you look beautiful...

Could a better answer be ...*The dress doesn't do you justice*?

and there for by pass the *fat* issue.

Step one; You ask a guy;" Do i look fat in this dress " His first thought will be;" You look fat in that dress ".

Step two, his mind will start dealing with the consequence of his actions, not the answer. Within a few seconds, his mind will have made the least damaging answer, and respond;" No, it does not ".

But for the woman, the answer took to long, and she smells the lie and the guy sleeps on the couch.
The next time she asks the same question;" He will have learned, pretend not to listen so he can think of a right answer, without her trying to face read him. Then respond;" What dear?" And then smile;" No, you look beautiful! "

And for the third time, the guy will have already learned from the two previous times and before she asks;" You look beautiful in that dress " and give her a loving kiss.

HOME RUN!!!

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Like @ Ganjoa I think you have a fortune cookie somewhere which says

*Half a truth is only half a lie*

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I would lie to and withhold information from enemies to protect people I care about.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: geezlouise

Lying has a purpose, not an intent, if the intention falls in under purpose it loses its meaning.

Switch it, youll get the bigger picture

new topics

top topics

join