It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is Trump's speech dark compared to the divisiveness of Obama?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   
It's amazing to see the liberal media and some never Trumpers complain about Trump's speech being dark. How is saying America First dark? Only in the mind of a liberal.

He talked about working together with the American people to bring back jobs and fix the inner cities. How is that dark?

Obama has been the most partisan President in recent history. He basically said you lost and elections have consequences. When he lost the Congress, he didn't try to move to the middle to get things done, he just issued a gang of Executive Orders. That wasn't called divisive though. Obama was said to be fighting for Progressive values. So when you are a left wing partisan you're a fighter but when you say America First you're dark?

When Obama ran for office he talked about hope and change but his message was very dark. Obama said America was so bad we need to fundamentally change and transform America. We needed Obama to heal the oceans because America was so bad. How was that a message of hope?

I loved Trump's speech and I don't see how saying America first and we don't need to get involved with all of this regime change and nation building dark.
edit on 20-1-2017 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

It's all liberal bull crap.

Just let them throw their temper tantrum and cry themselves to sleep.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Obama said 'America first' too. We see how that turned out.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   

It's a preplanned cultivated narrative of the left. No surprise.

He could have given word for word any of Obama's previous inaugural speeches and they still would have landed upon the same assertion.

edit on 20-1-2017 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   

It's "dark" because it doesn't parrot the narrative. Remember that many liberals voted for Trump, and they too are tired of the progressive nonsense.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I see the reason the left is all out on everything being dark is because of the liberal blinders that have been put on their eyes. (not all liberals), They can't see a thing except for their very tiny world view microcosms which abdicate self thought and hand it over to group think. This group thinking has abandoned responsibility by creating a victim out of everyone, while rewarding those at the very top who only pretend to care about them, and tell them often how rotten everyone else is. Now we have people demanding reparations and refusing any personal responsibility.

Trump means to put an end to this nonsense by bring back all the millions of jobs lost under Obama, and that means that the teeth of personal responsibility is calling them out.

No more blaming the other guy for their plight, and that means they will have to get back to work and stop being so lazy. And habits can be hard to break. So all these great things are being looked at by liberals as unacceptable because it is Trump who is making it happen! And they have all been coached to be unforgiving, uncompromising in their own bigotry and can't see their own hypocrisy.

edit on 20-1-2017 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   
White guilt maybe??..

I am surprised they have not taken the angle that it is "racist" to say America First (Maybe they have?), and here in lies the problems we see also in Europe, we worry about other countries and peoples to the point that the natives are losing out badly in a system they have paid into only to get less and less out of it as the years drag on..

I just hope it all works out and the US can regain some of what it has lost.

I also wait for how the mainstream rhetoric will be viewed post Trump "if" it works out..

Honestly though with how the liberal media and supporters where prior I expect everything and anything to be thrown in the ring. There are lots of misinformed and deluded folks out there.

RA

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   

They say it is dark because their idea of a great America is not the same kind of great as Donald's great.

The President was describing how to make America great, in his line of sight, he pointed at the faults of those in gov. who have taken what great means upon their own heads and fowled things up for the rest of us...

Start the indictments!

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   
He basically re-purposed campaign speeches which all painted America as some dystonian hell hole and unlike past presidents he didnt do anything but pander to the base that elected him instead of reaching out to all America (much like his victory tour to states that elected him).

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Well, I was going to say essentially what you said. Glad you beat me to it because your words were more eloquent.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Trump talked about taking power out of Washington DC and giving it back to the people...and liberals explode in anger. WTF is wrong with these people? Why on Earth do they love having elites a thousand miles away controlling their lives? Sad!

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Nothing but platitudes and hollow words. Oratorical rhythm and tone is akin to a Dr Suess book. Sound like a 1st grader who's reading out loud in front of the class for the first time.

There's some reality for you.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Everything is Dark for those who are Afraid of the Light of Reason........
edit on 20-1-2017 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Why is Trump's speech dark compared to the divisiveness of Obama?

Becaus the left lives in Bizzaro World where everything is backasswards.

I mean people like Running around screaming the planet,guns,rich,gmo is out to git everyone, and kill them.

Is preaching rainbows and unicorns.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: slider1982

I am surprised they have not taken the angle that it is "racist" to say America First (Maybe they have?), and here in lies the problems we see also in Europe, we worry about other countries and peoples to the point that the natives are losing out badly in a system they have paid into only to get less and less out of it as the years drag on..

That always amuses me ..... who does not put their own families first

I have to be some sort of 'racist' becauseI have a gate at the front of my house

one at the back, a locked front and back door, to keep people out. Someone

coming to either doors only get in IF invited in. That is my space my families

space.

Take that on a larger scale the people of a country vote in *parents* to look

after their interests .... and deserve to be put first and looked out for.

Simples ...............
edit on 20-1-2017 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-1-2017 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   
To know that you'd have to vulnerable to ignorant suggestions from your CELLPHONE...

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle
He basically re-purposed campaign speeches which all painted America as some dystonian hell hole and unlike past presidents he didnt do anything but pander to the base that elected him instead of reaching out to all America (much like his victory tour to states that elected him).

This makes no sense.

What's dystopian about saying you want to bring back jobs to America or you want to help inner cities and fix the infrastructure? How is that not speaking to all Americans?

Liberals don't want jobs?

Liberals don't want help for the inner cities?

If anyone talked down America it was Obama.

Trump said he wants to take power from Washington and give it to the people. This is the part liberals saw as dark.

Obama said we need to fundamentally change and tranform America. We're in such bad shape we need Obama so the planet can start to heal.

Look at the video. You have Obama sychophants screaming but listen to what he's saying.

He said, this is the moment we began to provide care for the sick. So before Obama, nobody wanted to provide care for the sick?

He said give jobs to the jobless. How is this different than Trump saying he wants to bring back jobs? Why when Trump says it it's dark but Obama says the same thing and it's hope and change?

He even said the planet would began to heal and the rise of the oceans would began to slow if we elect him. And you call Trump's speech dystopian?

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   

It's been 7 hours since he's been president.

Granted, he hasn't nuked anyone yet, but why do we still have high unemployment (we can say that now) a poor economy, and why aren't my taxes lower?

Trump has ruined America!

/sarc

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Maybe the liberals are afraid of a president who threatened to ban Muslims from the country

Or throw out children

Threaten to bring back torture

Take peoples oil

The massive hate and fear that Trump elicits is his own fault

Its you folks who are delusional in that you don't see why they think about Trump in those terms

He made his filthy bed now he has to lie in the hate he created

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: neoholographic

He even said the planet would began to heal and the rise of the oceans would began to slow if we elect him. And you call Trump's speech dystopian?

Sounds like a 'god' complex ...........or King Canute

top topics

<<   2 >>

join