It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump appointee Perry doesn't hate his department anymore now that he knows what it does

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   
What a crazy story. The man who lost his bid for President because he couldn't remember the 3 agencies he wanted to annihalate now suddenly does a complete flip-flop (like his Boss does all the time). However, he didn't say that he changed his mind because he now gets to be the boss, or make some money, no he changed his conservative, ignorant view because he got EDUCATED on what the Department does, and how useful it is.

It's unbelievably ironic, but it's also sad, because so many Americans are ignorant just like him, and have ridiculous and often dangerous beliefs because they believe in fairy tales and what loudmouths on radio and TV tell them. A lot of peoples' lives may be very negatively affected because of how ignorant the US public (and politicians) are.

www.washingtonpost.com... a-11e6-acdf-14da832ae861_story.html?utm_term=.cc4f890a2771

edit on 19-1-2017 by CB328 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   

edit on 19-1-2017 by DISRAELI because: dealt with

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I watched it. It was amazing how he completely changed his mind. I don't think putting the federal government in a teaspoon is going to work out.

"My past statements made over five years ago about abolishing the Department of Energy do not reflect my current thinking," Perry said, referring to his call to scrap DOE as a presidential candidate in the 2012 election. "In fact, after being briefed on so many of the vital functions of the Department of Energy, I regret recommending its elimination."

www.politico.com...

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   
he isn`t fooling anyone what he means is, I want a cabinet position and if the DOE is the only position I can get then hell no don`t eliminate it.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Well he realized he had to be in charge of it to find out what's in it.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   
For smaller government advocates, who better to run something than the person who wants to destroy it.

Now if we could only get Ron Paul onto the board of federal reserve governors....

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: jellyrev

He does not want to destroy it anymore now that he is schooled.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   
So how much do you think a tank of gas will cost next year at this time?

Get ready for European prices!! The Gods of profit just took over this country. You ready?

edit on 19-1-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   
The dumb is going to be a 4 year lesson for the US.

Comedy gold if anything.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

To be fair, Rick Perry learned a lot about ENERGY when he was on Dancing With The Stars!

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   
This bonehead is pretty near a high school dropout.
Like many of the appointee's thus far..real dumb pick's, enjoy the coming regression.

This and the ..um education pick has gone beyond amusing to straight up unqualified/pathetic
edit on 19-1-2017 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   
the hearing was indeed very interesting i have never heard Perry speak well of scientists and the department.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX
The dumb is going to be a 4 year lesson for the US.

Comedy gold if anything.

But...but.

Then Trump veered into the territory of the unknowable to boast his Cabinet selections had "by far the highest IQ of any Cabinet ever."

www.chicagotribune.com...

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: jellyrev

He does not want to destroy it anymore now that he is schooled.

So how much do you think a tank of gas will cost next year at this time? Get ready for European prices!! The Gods of profit just took over this country. You ready?

Prolly be cheaper. This is going to be a drill baby drill, frack baby frack, mine baby mine(coal) administration.
The real complaint will likely be overuse of eminent domain and hydrocarbon mining on federal lands. Expect butthurt protest trying to save the desert tortoise and the mountain swallow.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I hope the guy who's taking over the CONSUMER PROTECTION AGENCY also changes his mind, and starts to appreciate how it keeps opportunistic corporations from screwing the consumer.

Last I heard, he wanted to "gut" that agency. Can't find the post now...

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust
I heard that Trump was appointing the guy that runs the 'this is Rachel from Card Services...' telemarketing scam to be head of Consumer Protection. I mean it fits the pattern. And how about the head of BP aka Deep Water Horizon for head of EPA?

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   
He changed his mind.

It's fine for Liberals to do it. Hillary changed her mind on same sex marriage and nobody cared. Rick Perry does it and now everyone's triggered.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

Well, why do you want to excuse people who act like liberals and Hillary. I have been told for a year that Trump and republicans will act better.

top topics

join