It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Keeping Track of Quality Posters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I'm told that the Buddies List has not worked in ages and certainly has not worked since I signed up last year. So I'm not sure how it used to work or was intended to work.

The problem is that I don't have as much time for ATS as I used to and sometimes go several days without visiting.

There are some quality posters on these boards that I really like to read. Going to the members tab, searching for their name and then brigning up their posts to find their latest contributions is tedious. Especially since I have to do it over and over again for each member.

Is there some easier way one can keep track of specific posters?

If not can we find one?

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 02:01 PM
link   
A possible answer to your dilemma would be to bookmark the "find posts" search for your favorite contributors. As long as you name the bookmark as the member name in your favorites toolbar to make it easier to sort out, this should work for you.

Also, easy access to the member name search can be found here
www.abovetopsecret.com...
(edit) this search doesn't work correctly

Alternatively you can modify the search URL to look up a member's posts. In this example you would replace the username in the URL with the member name you are searching for after srchuname= and before the & mark

Hope this helps!

[edit on 29-1-2005 by Seth76]

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gools
Is there some easier way one can keep track of specific posters?

If not can we find one?

Yes, but you wouldn't like it.

To date, all tagging efforts have been clawed and chewed off by our more prolific posters.

To answer your question seriously, I know of no other way to keep track of specific posters than the tedious post search you describe. But that's what mods do.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I know that for usenet news readers, that there is sometimes that ability to 'score' posters. anywhere from a very large negative number (ignore) to low negatives to postivies to very very high positives. This sorts the threads by numerical order. This wouldn't work for 'new posts' but -might- be applicable to the myAts screen. This way if Poster A is scored with 1,000 and has responded to 'Alien Illuminati Reptiloid Conspricay', that thread will pop up at the top of your 'my ats' list.

However this would mean that it'd allways pop up whenever someone repsponds to it.

If multiple posters with low but good scores respond to a thread, then that thread gets pushed up the rankings because they are additive.

However I suspect that admin is familiar with newsreader scoring and other possible systems and have considered them.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
To date, all tagging efforts have been clawed and chewed off by our more prolific posters.

HEY! I don't remember posing for that picture RANT! Try tagging me while I'm awake and you'll be wearing the tag in such a fashion that no external fastening devices will be needed, if you know what I mean.

Oh wait... you said prolific, nevermind. I guess that was some other big hairy ATS member.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 09:49 PM
link   
This topic has come up once again:

Any word on why there is still a "buddies" button that does not work? (It was even brought over to the new server)

Is there any chance of having this feature revived?

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Wow, Gools. I apologize that I missed your post on this. I'd make you one of my 'favorites', if I could.

join