It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq Election

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 07:21 AM
link   
So I was watching CNN yesturday, and it was talking about the election in iraq.

It is totally obvious that the United States will have conplete control over Iraq.
Does anyone else find it wierd they are voting in the US for an Iraqi election? I wouldn't be surprised if it is the electronic voting.

Only 170,000 Iraqi's intend to vote, thats understandable, so why are people in the US voting. I figure its to make sure whoever gets in office is who is supposed to. ( Not sure if they are refugees, or just regular immigrants from Iraq )

Anyone want to share a little light?

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Absentee ballots...we have the same system in place...

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Absentee ballots? Sorry...little more light please.
I am not as political and educated in the matter as some. Just struck me as odd. ( I live in Canada, just to add)

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Ok...if a person lives in the US...and is an Iraqi citizen applying to be a US citizen...or if their is a duel citizenship involved...then they could vote in the Iraqi election...in the US...if I...lets say...live in NY...but im oversea's on vacaction...school...whatever...during the election...i can mail in my ballot to the US...got me?

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 07:49 AM
link   
haha...yeah sorry about that. Mind fart or something. I guess I should have actually thought about what Absentee Ballots could mean. haha

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 11:11 AM
link   
It means Iraqis who are not in the country can vote without having to travel to the county. Every country does it, including the US and UK.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by _BLiND_
Absentee ballots? Sorry...little more light please.
I am not as political and educated in the matter as some. Just struck me as odd. ( I live in Canada, just to add)

Iraqis living in Canada are also voting in Toronto, Ottawa and Calgary, I think. Those closer to Iraqi polling stations in the U.S. are crossing the border to register and then to vote too.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by _BLiND_
It is totally obvious that the United States will have conplete control over Iraq.
Does anyone else find it wierd they are voting in the US for an Iraqi election? I wouldn't be surprised if it is the electronic voting.

Only 170,000 Iraqi's intend to vote, thats understandable, so why are people in the US voting. I figure its to make sure whoever gets in office is who is supposed to. ( Not sure if they are refugees, or just regular immigrants from Iraq )

Anyone want to share a little light?

There was never any doubt in my mind the US was always going to be in control of Iraq. That was the whole purpose of the invasion, and don't let anyone tell you different. Whomever is elected with be a puppet of the U.S.

Those Iraqis voting from outside of Iraq maintained their citizenship and therefore have the right to vote.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Hey Blind, I love your signature

Checked out the so-called ballots? The candidates have no names.

The Americans never even had the gall to do this to us Indians.

Imagine this scenario:
'OK, Indian. Drive 500 miles to one of two polling stations in the United States. Vote for Chief A, Chief B, or Chief C. Have a nice day.'

I wouldn't grace that with my 'x'. Have any doubts this is the way Shrub would treat all of us if he could get away with it? Election my situpon.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 01:59 AM
link   
No...they would be killed if they ran openly like canidates do here in the US...we've all seen how the "insurgents" keep mentioning the elections...and are very anti-election...why would someone openly commit suicide?....Yes the new guy will be a puppet...but he'll still be an upgrade from saddam...and it will get Iraq off on the right foot....

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chakotay
Hey Blind, I love your signature

Checked out the so-called ballots? The candidates have no names.

The Americans never even had the gall to do this to us Indians.

Imagine this scenario:
'OK, Indian. Drive 500 miles to one of two polling stations in the United States. Vote for Chief A, Chief B, or Chief C. Have a nice day.'

I wouldn't grace that with my 'x'. Have any doubts this is the way Shrub would treat all of us if he could get away with it? Election my situpon.

This shows ignorance. Deny Ignorance!

This election is based on a party-list system so people vote for a political party instead of a candidate. The seats in the assembly are divied among the parties accoring the percentage of the vote they garner, so if a party gets 5 seats, the top 5 people on the party list get seats.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Maybe the insurgents are not so stupid, and they know of the NWO, think about it. Why else would they be trying to keep Iraq from US control. I even hate the fact that Canada is trying to get "buddy-buddy" with the US.

Its better to be the Devil's right hand then be in his path.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Highly Doubt it...the insurgents just want to keep the Sunni's the ruling class....thats about it...

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Haha yeah, I was just kidden anyways.

top topics

join