It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watch Live: Astronaut space walk from the space station replacing cameras

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Like those Mars landings in the middle of no where, avoiding the interesting revealing spots.
edit on 13-1-2017 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Quiet you, you just need to fund NASA and not ask questions.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: Trueman

Quiet you, you just need to fund NASA and not ask questions.

After my taxes, not a cent. Rather buy you a beer.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: MuonToGluon

You answered 0 (zero) of the questions, in fact you added questions to the original questions.

This is the reason people comment in forums like this.

What the hell are you talking about?

I told you the damn truth and said I could NOT answer your questions, I even APOLOGIZED that I couldn't answer your questions and even AGREED with YOU that NASA is doing odd and strange things with the streams.

Are the people in this thread having massive problems at READING what is being written!?

This thread was started by you for us to watch a live feed of them installing the new cameras then devolved into a conspiracy thread, then into politic flinging and then finally with you asking me questions that I said I could not answer and with me agreeing with you and apologizing that I could not answer.

What the heck.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

I'm aware of the radiation up there, but I have a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that the human body would be relatively OK, yet a GoPro camera would give out within seconds of being exposed.

I'm not a flat earther, though the hate and general surpression of the subject tickles my there's-something-here-o-meter.

Given the budget NASA has, aswell as the wages I assume astronauts get, bringing a GoPro/handheld up there doesn't seem that much of a hassle to me, even if it were to immediatly fry upon exposure to space. (Which I'm not convinced off)

I know NASA used specially shielded cameras for the supposed moon landing (I hope I can say supposed on a conspiracy forum
), but at the end of the day light still has to get through the lens into the CMOS or CCD. Can radiation get filtered with see-through plastic/glass like material? Seems a bit weird to me.

I definitely need to educate myself more on the exact workings of this radiation and how it affects electrical components (I have no doubt radiation affects electronics, by the way). I just, currently, can't see how it all works, and how a human body can be fine, whereas a GoPro camera would just be fried (Nearly instantly I assume).

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vechthaan
a reply to: verschickter
I definitely need to educate myself more on the exact workings of this radiation and how it affects electrical components (I have no doubt radiation affects electronics, by the way). I just, currently, can't see how it all works, and how a human body can be fine, whereas a GoPro camera would just be fried (Nearly instantly I assume).

For a start:
The Electromagnetic Spectrum
Radiation

It would not necessarily be fried, depending how you define "fried". It will probably work some time without problems.

Can radiation get filtered with see-through plastic/glass like material? Seems a bit weird to me.

Yes. Alpha rays (ionizing radiation) do not even penetrate your skin. A piece of paper would be sufficient to shield you against alpha rays, but you still get secondary radiation coming off from the material that absorbed it. Beta would be around 15 sheets of paper and gamma is the worst. All depending on the particle energy and what´s in between you and the emitting source, of course.

May I suggest you read up on the em spectrum, then look at how radiation is defined and what ionizing radiation is. I think then you will have a better understanding.

But there are other problems, like material wear, seals, flipping bits in memory (firmware corrupted for example), charging up and internal potential differences that have to be looked at. One wrong type of material for a button and you end up with a tiny capacitor that could build up a charge big enough to destroy a microcontroller, at ease.

Essentially two types of materials (need to be conducting) running in parallel (not necessarily in a straight line) can act as a capacitor. So do Overland lines for high voltage build up charges in the electric field between each other and also between the lines and earth.If you run current through them you also get electromagnetic attraction between the lines. They are pulling at each other slightly.

edit on 19-1-2017 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join