It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watch Live: Astronaut space walk from the space station replacing cameras

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Pretty cool, this is live, they are replacing a camera on the space station.

www.usatoday.com...

edit on 13-1-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

The EVA-39 walk today is expected to take a total of six and a half hours

Thats good, it only 6 and a half hours long

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Let's start the conspiracy behind. How these new camera will affect possible UFO video captures?

edit on 13-1-2017 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

Let's start the conspiracy behind. How these new camera will affect possible UFO video captures?

How about we wait until the Cameras are installed, Online and fully functional so we can compare the previous camera footage to the new footage for comparison purposes, so we can have a little back BEFORE starting a conspiracy theory based on nothing at all but speculation of nothing.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: MuonToGluon

originally posted by: Trueman

How about we wait until the Cameras are installed, Online and fully functional so we can compare the previous camera footage to the new footage for comparison purposes, so we can have a little back BEFORE starting a conspiracy theory based on nothing at all but speculation of nothing.

How about reading and understanding the question. Did you vote for Hillary?

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Wonder how many times he'll pee in his suit during the 6.5 hours? Over Under 2.5

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

To me, it is amazing that the camera feed is just cut when there is questionable content.

Like we are in a totalitarian state.. huh?

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: MuonToGluon

Doesn't matter, there is a long history of just turning the cameras off. There are things are not allowed to see. Military? Other?

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

200$/under

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   

How about reading and understanding the question. Did you vote for Hillary?

Um, I did read and understand the question, it was one line, it was not hard and I answered.

This is a thread in the Space section about a live feed installing a New camera for us to watch, not a Conspiracy thread, how about you read it?

By the way, how daft are you if you cannot read the sidebar which states where I live? Why are you bringing Politics into this? What purpose is bringing Hillary into this discussion, just to insight a flame and be a troll, perhaps?

I am not a Political Person, and I live in Sydney, Australia, start by opening your eyes and reading what is next to my name, Mr Political Troll.

edit on 13-1-2017 by MuonToGluon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   

This is a change. When things change, people who are more intelligent than I have questions.

Why the change?

What are the advantages to this camera?

Does this camera aid in the public not being able to see the things that cause the cameras to be shut off?

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

This is a change. When things change, people who are more intelligent than I have questions.

Why the change?

What are the advantages to this camera?

Does this camera aid in the public not being able to see the things that cause the cameras to be shut off?

I could not really tell you, I don't have the answers, I'm sorry.

Why the change? Degradation of the camera to exposure of a harsh environment, radiation damage, better optics and updated tech etc etc.

The questions of why shutting the streams down randomly? I could throw out a couple of speculative answers, but I couldn't answer your question fully.

At times when certain objects have zoomed past the view of some of the cameras I have found it very odd that they would shut them down at that very moment, a little suspicious and strange; I may hold NASA in high regards, however at times they do do some odd things that they do not fully answer and seem to make crap up on the spot that makes no sense.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Just wanted to say thank you for posting, yet another thing I would have never saw if not for ATS and it's members.

Been watching for a while and it's just amazing to watch. These are the luckiest people on the planet, well obviously there career path and training is what got them there more than just luck. But still I wish I had there job. Wish my son wasn't in school he loves watching space walks, he's only 6 but he will ask me 100 questions in a 10 minute period. Thanks agian

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   

This is always pretty rad to watch. Looking at all that water makes me want to go to the Caribbean and jump in the ocean.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   

You answered 0 (zero) of the questions, in fact you added questions to the original questions.

This is the reason people comment in forums like this.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

To me, it is amazing that the camera feed is just cut when there is questionable content.

Like we are in a totalitarian state.. huh?

Haha..., true my friend, true.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   

It would seem that a mundane view out in space, and a sudden cut away when a odd or unexplained object comes into view would be news.

It seems that there is a concerted effort to keep something under wraps. And there is a media---ALL----media black out.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I still haven't figured out WHY not a single Astronaut has had a GoPro camera (or any handheld device that can survive space, altough I think GoPro's would last) and just give us a 360° view. Show the earth, turn away to the stars, ...

In be4 someones posts of link of exactly that.

edit on 13-1-2017 by Vechthaan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Vechthaan

You are not privy to that much info. Shut up and pay for it though. You are even paying for space X, Alton Musk gets a million dollar check everyday seven days a week.

Elon Musk's growing empire is fueled by $4.9 billion in government subsidies
www.latimes.com...

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Vechthaan

It would not last, there is radiation up there, unshielded electronics do not like. CMOS burnout. Filters. And for what purpose when they can use the onboard cameras? It´s a spacewalk, not a walk out to the garbage can. They´re very aware of any movements they make and also better avoid when they´re out. Why would they do such a nonsensical thing, just for some flat earthers or other doubters, what kind so ever.

Not saying you´re a flatearther but I hope you get my point.
I´m aware of the robustness of the GoPros and that they get send towards space, but there is a huge difference between a weather baloons maximal height and the orbital height of the ISS..
edit on 13-1-2017 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join