It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is a Migraine

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

Food source and supplement.. I dont know, i could be dehydrated ,i need to test tomorrow

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I'm not sure what you mean by "fill in the rest", tikbalang. I don't know much about Chiari Malformation/Malfunction. Mine is somewhat minor. I wouldn't say its too bad. I don't even know if it causes my migraines. My neurologist couldn't tell me as he didn't know himself. Which was weird. But my condition is Chiari Malformation 1. YES, I do get vertigo sometimes. I cannot balance myself well. Which makes it difficult at times to put on clothes without having to sit down to do it.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: OverAndOut19

On page 3 and 4 i believe migraine is summarized to what it is, triggers, etc. You have to be careful with certain foods, and dont overdo anything, it is a epileptic seizure, but instead of 1-10 minutes, its 8 - 48 hours..

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Sunwolf

I suffer from both migraines and trigeminal neuralgia. Theyre both sore (i dont believe theres a word to describe the pain of neuralgia tbh) but theyre nothing alike.

I've been dealing with migraines since my early teens and TN since 2009. Im on both carbamazepine (Tegretol) and pregabalin (Lyrica). I get breakthrough pain, in fact just had my springtime breakthrough burning on my right cheek. For some reason i get this breakthrough at the change of the seasons, weird but I know to expect it, just hurts like a bastard when it starts and goes on for a couple/few weeks. I still get stabbing/electrical pains every now and then and then theres the twitches which seem to happen around my left eye and this can last for a month or so. The numbness associated with it seems to go hand in hand with the burning although i can get it around my nose which kinda freaks me out, feels like im not breathing at times cos i cant quite feel the air going in and out!

Lyrica for all its horrendous side effects (hair loss & severe weight gain, dizziness, memory loss in my case) is for the most part a godsend. I know its in the same family as gabapentin but maybe you should speak to your neurologist and see if you can at least try it.

Im sorry youre having to deal with this and that you find relief soon.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join