It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Madonna says she offered to devote her life to God while praying Donald Trump would lose

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: FissionSurplus

You reminded me of a saying I haven't thought about in a while....

God answers all prayers..... but sometimes the answer is "no."

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Madonna says she offered to devote her life to God while praying Donald Trump would lose

Shame she didn't get religion when she was married to that misogynist named Penn.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

I too was shocked to watch trump win.

I can't say I was "shocked" because in some anecdotal ways, I saw it as a possibility. I can say though that I was very much surprised. In fact, on election day I went to work like any other day, came home like any other day (except I voted on my way home), my wife went to work (night shift at the hospital), I gave the kid dinner, gave him his bath..... my point is I didn't even turn on the TV or computer to bother looking at the results. It wasn't until around 9:30 or so that I went on the computer and ended up at (I think) the NY Times site and they had this little speedometer gage looking thing showing which way the election was heading. I was incredibly surprised.

And I personally feel that we just rolled back our collective American cultural landscape to 1950. And that is frightening.

I don't for a moment doubt your sincerity. I do question how much of it is thought out and how much of it is an emotional response driven by so much that was said on the television, radio and memes on the social media sites.

Or to put it another way.... You said that we just rolled back our culture to the '50s. In what way exactly?

Is Trump going to reinstitute segregation? I don't think so.

Is he going to start jailing people for being homosexuals? I highly doubt it.

Is he going to put any serious effort into overturning Roe v Wade? I doubt it.

Is he going to deport people here illegally that are arrested for criminal behavior (beyond just being here)? I'd certainly hope so.

I guess my question is, what "things" are you expecting him to actually do that are going to send us back so far? I don't mean what do people that are against him "say" he is like or what they think he will do.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Celebrities are not immune to being ignorant sheep.

It's likely she has no idea that Obama and Hillary created ISIS by knowingly yet indirectly funding and weaponising the Wahhabist that would form ISIS.

I think God knows more than Madonna and she is simply a clueless celebrity who only has a voice because of her fame.

Ignorance is bliss, especially when you have the type of money she has.

edit on 11-1-2017 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

The fear of Trump is absurd and baseless.

The fear of Russia is also absurd and baseless.

What can Trump do outside of lifting sanctions that should have never been placed on Russia in the first place?

I'm not sure why we need all the paranoid delusions.
edit on 11-1-2017 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Such the drama queen...she craves the attention

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   
And just like all the guys she offered to orally service god still waiting on madonna to keep her word .

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

I disagree with nothing that you wrote.

I would just say that although I have had exactly ZERO successes in putting people at ease on this issue, I've heard of people that have been able to walk people back from the ledge (metaphorically speaking) by helping them think through some of their anxieties about the upcoming Trump presidency.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   
All these celebrities, delusional the lot of em. Madonna's opinion on political issues is about as valuable as my mechanics opinion on dentistry. The arrogance is bewildering.....

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   
God saw that bj tweet and was like "next!"

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

I realize it is mostly "in my head" and we are not really going to roll it back to the 50's, but that is my point, I guess.

I "feel" as if that this is the direction or the "mode" of the key that will begin to play in the orchestra.

The "tone" of the uncertain future, in my opinion and from my perspective is set in "the past" and it is conjuring up images of injustice and inequality.

I get a bad feeling when I look at who Trump is surrounding himself with.
So bad in fact, that all I can hope for is to at least let Trump remain healthy and strong throughout his term so as we never have to deal with the old timers and hardliners that he pulled in from the darkened corners.

Despite Obama's failed attempts and mild successes, his attitude and his progressive outlook was what was refreshing and positive. He was "fun" and he was "eloquent".

I just get that feeling as if the parents have decided to cut their vacation short and will be home soon. As you learn of this news, you are sent into panic mode as you realize that a massive weekend house party is reaching full swing at your house and it's going to get ugly when the parents arrive.

It's a sinking feeling of dread.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   
and who cares? no one would even want , need to see or care what that whore thinks or says. She lives in Britain anyway, she has the whole fake british accent going on and is a citizen there now I guess, she needs to mind her own business.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Mass brainwashing. I think ultra liberals are prone to it to begin with. My brother in law paces the house, and doesn't sleep. He has become an unhappy person. I knew barack was about worthless when he was voted in, but I didn't lose sleep over it

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 11:54 PM
link   
and god said, let there be bjs

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 01:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion

Yeah, her and more than half of Amerikkka!
And she's no crazier than anyone else.
She happens to be an artist and 'creative', even in her language with interviews...
Drama sells!
Who pays attention to the same old regurgitated swill of the mediocre minds of the vast unwashed masses?
Not even themselves!
Oops, I take that back, you now have ...Trump... to lead USA into a (frightening, for many) future! *__-

She also said that she now wakes up every morning with a broken heart

Good for her!
"Only a breaking Heart can Love!"

'I have to get way more vocal and become a little bit less mysterious,' she said about her plans once Trump is in office

Again, good for her!
Legal political action is always encouraged among informed intelligent (and even talented) citizens of a 'free' society!

edit on 12-1-2017 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 04:05 AM
link   
I wonder if Crunky is going to make a "Madonna is Satanic" thread. Because if any of the claims of satanism will hold up, it will be that one. Offering your support to a god for the ultimate demise of another doesn't sound all that righteous to me. Cheers big ears!!!

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 04:16 AM
link   

She revealed that on election night she read the Zohar while her agent read the Quran as they tried to will Hillary Clinton to defeat Trump

Yeah, perhaps going with the Islamic version of God wasn't the smartest move, when trying to get a woman and a non-muslim elected as the big boss.

Just saying.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Her comment makes me wonder if her next step is a Donald Trump Voo Doo doll or perhaps a human sacrifice. She doesn't strike me as someone who has enough faith in any god, much less one that is responsible for a political race. I doubt that making empty promises through prayer to numerous gods will make any impression. Other than promising devotion to this or that god, she needs to give something more substantial, but like they say, there are no atheists in foxholes. I wonder what kind of nun she would be if she went that route?

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

So does this mean God is on trumps side?
Or that she has no clue how praying works?

It means she thinks she is so important that God would find her soul valuable enough to sway an election.

God is just laughing at her as he always does.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

She clearly did not have the awareness to see Clinton for her fruits or choose to ignore the fruits and endorse her anyway.

Some day she will be something that even the blessed ones will really value. But that time can be very far off for some souls. The earlier she makes it the better for all souls on all levels.

edit on 12-1-2017 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join