It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10,000 abused kids ‘just the tip of the iceberg’ says Interpol

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I would have thought that if anyone would know about international child trafficking INTERPOL would be right up there at the top of the list. According to the article some places/web sights just don't care .

We can talk about the number of identified victims that we have, but we also should keep in mind the number of unidentified victims. There are hundreds of thousands of unidentified victims out there.

We see it on a constant basis companies scanning for spam, for malware and making sure their platforms are not being used for spam, they’re not used for malware. But when it comes to child abuse they don’t scan. They see privacy as being an issue. They see first amendment as being an issue. We’re not talking about 18-year old girls in soft focus… The vast majority are pre-pubescent children, sometimes pre-speech.

Gill: From reading the experiences of officers working on these cases, the details can keep you awake at night. What is it that drives you to keep doing your job?

Moran: There’s one case in the Philippines that comes to mind, that was uncovered through the ICSE database. In this particular case the child sexual abuse was also accompanied by extreme violence and by permanent physical harm to these children. So if you can imagine the videos, listening to them, especially the soundtracks that go with those videos. The screaming of the children…

How to report child abuse

In the UK contact the NSPCC if you want to discuss your concerns and get advice.

NSPCC (for adults)
Telephone: 0808 800 5000
Find out about call charges

ChildLine (for children and young people)
Telephone: 0800 1111 (free)
newsletter.thaivisa.com...

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 12:58 AM
link   
The perpetrators of these acts are disgusting, vile bastards (and bastardettes). The crimes never leave the victims and they suffer considerably for life.

I seriously consider advocating for the introduction of the death penalty in some cases (UK).

There are without a doubt many more victims. I know of a few personally who will never speak about their tragedies for various reasons (guilt, shame, re-igniting the flame, family loyalty, not being believed, etc).

I can only hope that the offenders find hell and the victims find their peace.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Adding to the list:
Swedish sites Lawenforcment and ECPAT
polisen.se...
ecpathotline.se...
[email protected]
[email protected]

Keep em coming.......

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Interpol may well be instructed not to go to deep into some cases as who knows who will be associated with this type of stuff, look at the Jimmy Savile case and the people he mingled with. It just all stinks to high heaven and has all the hallmarks of a cover up.

It would also seem that as a society we are reaping what we sow, we are two generations into a extremely sexulized mindset and I would almost say it is a epidemic regarding online grooming and such.

The issues I have with UK law is the disparity in cases that I have read about, they just make no sense when you look at the evidence and sentence that was handed down. That is for the CPS to justify however and since anyone that has been involved in any legal case in the UK will tell you the CPS are just down right odd with the way they conduct prosecution. Cases with more evidence than you can shake a stick at get thrown out but say a obvious compensation case with zero evidence against a professional person with no previous cautions or convictions is up held and the accused is sentenced to the maximum and ordered to "pay" compensation. The accuser even if they have numerous previous cases where they are making allegations even when proven false will still be given case impartiality. These people clog the justice system up meaning real cases take forever and a day to be heard..

I am sure the whole situation in the OP is the tip of the iceberg, but I think people traveling for this type of sex tourism would be far more prevalent than "trafficking" as we have all heard of people traveling to far flung third world countries to engage in these acts. Also call me naive but getting people through international borders is not easy unless you have some way of "greasing" the paperwork.

I have a feeling that the whole child sex racket will make the CIA coc aine contra trafficking saga look like a dummy run...

Sick sick world we live in that is for sure....

RA
edit on 11-1-2017 by slider1982 because: sp

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 04:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheWisestCumbrian

There are without a doubt many more victims. I know of a few personally who will never speak about their tragedies for various reasons (guilt, shame, re-igniting the flame, family loyalty, not being believed, etc).

I can only hope that the offenders find hell and the victims find their peace.

So true .....

When the perpetrators are in high positions the police/law fudge the investigations

till the perpetrators are either decrepit or dead, so that the victim never gets to

be vindicated.
Jimmy Saville, Lord Janner, Cyril Smith .........need I say more?
edit on 11-1-2017 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join