It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A UFO and some strange atmospheric anamolies. Can anyone help explain???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Happy New Year!!!
I watched this video via YouTube today:

Im not intending for this to be a, "check out this video i saw on YouTube! UFO's are real man!" Post. But rather seeking a rational explanation to an event in the video.
The entire video is 9 mins long. Its a compilation of 7 different "UFO's" filmed from airplanes. At 5:06, a new video starts and the clouds beneath the aircraft part in 2 concentric circles seconds before 2 anomalous objects shoot by.
I am a believer, but i am pretty rational and always look for a rational explanation before shouting ALIENS!!! from the rooftops, because about 90% can be explained as naturally occurring phenomena. I cant seem to do that with this one though.
Ill be the first to admit that I am ignorant in the Meteorology field, as well as atmospheric phenomena associated with such, So im hoping someone can help me out with some rational explanation, as well as some critcal thinking so I dont have to climb on my roof today.
I normally dont even watch videos featuring 'orbs', but im glad that I didn't miss this one. It is very interesting!!!
Enjoy!

edit on 9/1/2017 by Brian4real because: Fixed link

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Great footage thanks

To bad there have been mixed in some fake videos..

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Brian4real

Don't know what caused the circles but I'd suspect weather phenomenon , the outside circle isn't really a circle if you look closely.
Perhaps there's an island down there.

edit on 9-1-2017 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Always worth looking into.

What were the time/date/azimuth and approx. geog locations of the videos?

Names of witnesses?

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   
That doesn't look like a weather phenomenon to me. It appears to be purple rings added to the footage after the filming. It just looks like an overlay to me.

Have flown a lot, never seen that type of cloud formation.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I have a little different take on the subject. First, let me say I really would love to see it happen in my lifetime that a spaceship from some far out galaxy shows up on the mall in Washington DC with all of the answers to the purpose of life and all of the peaceful intentions we all hope for. The idea fascinates me and has held my attention since I was a kid and saw something in the sky that made no sense to me. It streaked across the sky, about the size of a full moon, just as bright, with a long tail. It was speeding along faster than anything imaginable. I was about nine years old and it scared the crap out of me. About the age of 45 as a career naval officer I had the experience of seeing video of what a satellite losing its orbit looks like. Bingo! It was so precise to what I saw the video could have been of the one I saw. No question it was what I saw 35 years earlier.

During those years I read everything I could get my hands on on the subject, looking for answers. But that experience taught me that there is an explanation for all of those UFO's people report. I even took up backyard astronomy to try and understand more about what is out there. (The first time I trained my scope on Venus it looked exactly like many UFO photos I have seen in books or on the web).

So here is the truth as I see it: There are no visitors from another planet. And contrary to the common belief that there are so many galaxies, and stars and Goldilocks zoned planets out there that there must be intelligent life somewhere I believe the math actually goes the opposite way. The probability of life on Earth getting started and then evolving into intelligent life is so low it makes sense that the conditions present to allow those odds to be successful is not likely to have been repeated anywhere else. I am not a chemist or biologist or astrophysicist but I understand statistics pretty well and I know how such things are calculated. And the probability just doesn't allow for the miracle of life on earth to be repeated.

I do not know all of the factors. But I do know that there are scores of critical factors involved. Everything from the orbit of our Moon (why is our moon the only one in our solar system without a name?), the tides, enzymes necessary for life, weather, radiation, our atmosphere, and the thousands of factors that has happened in natural science to allow life to prosper. But each of those things (thousands) have a probability of happening are astronomical. To calculate you must multiply the odds of each of these mutually exclusive events together to get a final factor. For example here is a simple example of what I am talking about: Suppose you want to calculate the odds of you going to beach this weekend. First you must identify the factors involved. Keeping it simple, first you need a swim suit (lets say since it is January the odds of you having one that fits is about 40% or .4. Next the weather must be 90 degrees. If you live in Florida (and it is January) the odds of that are 20% or .2. Next how many people would be there? If you are fat like me you may not want to expose your fat self to others and so the odds you would have a beach void of others....30% or .3. There are other factors but lets just consider those three. They are mutually exclusive, meaning one does not depend on the other, so to calculate the odds of you going to the beach this weekend is .4 x .2 x .3 or .024 or 2.4%. Now if you go back to the idea that life occurred on Planet Earth the probability has many many zeros in the answer. No one knows for sure but it is like one in a trillion. So to then to go further for two planets with those kinds of odds to happen to me is imponderable. And that assumes there is another Planet Earth with the exact factors there as here. So far we have not found one. The closest we have is a planet that is larger than Earth which changes the odds.

My conclusion at this point is the universe math allows for one planet to start the very unlikely event of life happening and it is Earth. I do not at this point believe it could have happened anywhere else just based on the math.

Of course there is so much to learn yet in the universe. There is more that we don't know than we do about the universe so there is more to come of course. But right now anything we see in the sky as far as I am concerned was made right here on Planet Earth.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: icewater

Great reply! I admire youre equations to calculate probability. As an engineer, im confident that numbers do not lie.
Like I said in the op i am a believer, but the past few months my opinion has swayed from interplanetary vistors, to inter-dimensional-phenomena? (I think that would be the right word, as theres no proof that these are intelligently piloted aircraft.)
As you stated, the universe is a pretty big place. Theres no way we can understand everything involved. Perhaps we weren't meant to?

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

Lol! Simple, but great point!!
Even if this video was proven to be 100% authentic, that the circles were caused by the 'orbs'. It would mean absolutely nothing without the base facts.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: icewater

Considering the sheer size of the Universe, the sheer volume of galaxies, stars, planets...to consider that life is some sort of freak accident on our planet is a pretty sad viewpoint, in my opinion. And that's all it is...my opinon versus yours. To me, it is inconceivable that our humanity is the only sentient life-form in the entire cosmos. Consciousness itself is a miraculous phenomenon and why should that only happen on our particular planet?

I admire your logical line of thought but sadly, I cannot agree with it.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Thank you for the reply and the kind words. Life is a fragile thing but one thing is clear. We will continue to search and our collective imaginations will keep making it interesting.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: fromtheskydown
I appreciate that you do not agree with my point of view but can do it politely and intelligently. There is plenty more to learn and we must keep an open mind to all viewpoints at this time in our history. It would be an interesting day if we ever come across irrefutable evidence of alien life.

top topics

join