It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arctic Monkeys Why'd you only call me when you're High

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I just discovered this song, not bad.

I have to add more here so i'll just mindlessly type about how much I like this song. Anyone else like this band?

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 01:53 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 02:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: LuXTeN
I just discovered this song, not bad.

I have to add more here so i'll just mindlessly type about how much I like this song. Anyone else like this band?

Wow, me and my roommate just randomly heard this band about an hour ago! I've never actually listened to them but have known about them for some years now. I said damn this is good. I will try to find the song that we heard to post here. I am usually unforgiving in criticizing what I like to call "hipster music," but these dudes were rocking out.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Tundra

Oh funny you were just listening to them. Very cool that is.

I like the sound, it's slow and the rhythm and beat is perfect. The lead singer has a nice voice easy listening.

I'm glad you like them too!

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Whats with all the music threads today?
Not complaining just wondering if somethings going on that Im not aware of, its a pleasant change from the usual political stuff so S&F

As to the band and song, I reckon they both suck

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

No! You are another great poster, you can't say that!!!

Thank you but, what don't you like about the song? It's got good rhythm, great beat, the guy singing doesn't sound like a dying turkey and they can play instruments that don't make my ears bleed.Plus I love monkeys so their band name is an added bonus.

edit on 9-1-2017 by LuXTeN because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 02:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
Whats with all the music threads today?
Not complaining just wondering if somethings going on that Im not aware of, its a pleasant change from the usual political stuff so S&F

As to the band and song, I reckon they both suck

Not that i know of, I have found it very nice as well. I found the song that i heard earlier it's called "This House is a Circus" youtu.be...

Im not really big on all that I have heard so far but this one got my attention.

Also, I need to add just as a reminder. Death Metal is Satanic!!! The more you know!
edit on 1/9/2017 by Tundra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: LuXTeN

I loved the early stuff, you might like The Enemy too they had a few hits.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 02:54 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

Thanks for the add Ray. I'll look for that one.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 03:11 AM
link   

No! You are another great poster, you can't say that!!!

Thank you but, what don't you like about the song? It's got good rhythm, great beat, the guy singing doesn't sound like a dying turkey and they can play instruments that don't make my ears bleed.Plus I love monkeys so their band name is an added bonus.

Im not sure why its not to my liking, I have an eclectic taste in music so its not the genre and I dont actually hate the band I just havent heard anything of theirs I like yet.

My taste in music is often questioned so my opinion probably isnt worth much, when I need to defend it I usually fall back on "I dont care who sings it or what theyre singing about, if it sounds good I like it"

I use this often when I tell people I like a Bieber or trashy girl group song haha
edit on 9/1/2017 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 03:31 AM
link   

lol ok gotcha!

how about Roch Voisine? It's not trashy and it wont make your ears bleed, hopefully anyways

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 03:47 AM
link   

lol ok gotcha!

how about Roch Voisine? It's not trashy and it wont make your ears bleed, hopefully anyways

I clicked on the 1st youtube video of his that came up and cant say I thought much

As a general rule I prefer more upbeat songs and that was a bit mellow for me

Heres my 3 fav songs at the moment

she also has a great acoustic version of the song if thats more your thing

I normally cant stand coldplay but this song and Viva La Vida are great tunes

And this one, the clip is a bit artsy and takes awhile to get to the song but as the title implies it is a great song

Ill add this one as a wild card, I found this one after someone on here linked her to the scandal that cannot be named due to her wearing baby clothes, once again "I dont care who sings it or what they sing about, if it sounds good I like it.

Ive actually found those crazy ass "look at the symbols in this video, they are aliens/illuminati/satanists" type threads a good source for finding new music haha

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Not a worry you may have heard one of his not so listenable songs.

I'll add it here just in case.(the good one)

I've heard two of the songs you posted the other two i've never heard so i'm going to do that right now. Thanks for the posts!

oh and lol yes, I'm always looking for symbolism in these videos. The amount of alieiluminsatanist ideologies woven in is deep
haha

edit on 9-1-2017 by LuXTeN because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 04:17 AM
link   
a reply to: LuXTeN

Ok that first one wasnt bad, Im not sure Idput it on a playlist but if it came on the radio I wouldnt jump to turn it off.

That second one just creeped me out, you want satanic symbolism, no one without the aid of the devil himself can stand as stone still as that guy does for 4 min in his clip

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Anyone else like this band?

Seems they have a few fans in here but I'm not one of them, I find then bland and boring (I gave them a chance, but not a fan of indie in general)

You have to wonder if Call me When You're Sober by Evanescence inspired this one, the lyrics of which include "You never call me when your sober", that's pretty close to what the Monkeys are saying in this, later song...

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 04:40 AM
link   

hah very funny! lol. Glad that you liked the first song though, it's for those quiet moments until Iron Maiden or Def Leppard comes on, then it's Metal Time!

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 04:41 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

You know I hadn't thought of that, interesting.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I feel Arctic Monkeys are a highly underrated band. I've been listening to them from the beginning and they are always evolving their sound. For example, the album "AM" in the OP, the band wanted it to sound like Dr. Dre. They've put out quite a bit of material in the relatively short time they've been around as well.

Here's one of my favorites. Actually first one I thought of because I listened to it the other day.

Edit: Another I like.

edit on 9-1-2017 by jtrenthacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   
*Hipster alert*

Hate to be that guy, but I loved their first 2 albums Favorite Worst Nightmare and Whatver People Say I am...

Really fast rock n roll without being too heavy. Also they were like 22 years old when those came out wich is pretty impressive to me.

BUT then Josh Homme got ahold of them for Humbug and all the bright fast colorful stuff turned Into gray droney queens of the Stoney stuff.. not bad at all but not what brought me to the party.

Glad they saw some success though, they are legit band even if I fell off their wagon.
My gfs lil bro is a musician and loves arctic monkeys but has never listened to anything pre Humbug! Drives me crazy lol

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: SteamyJeans

BUT then Josh Homme got ahold of them for Humbug and all the bright fast colorful stuff turned Into gray droney queens of the Stoney stuff.. not bad at all but not what brought me to the party

They were droney amd boring from day 1. If they sounded anything like Queens of the Stone Age or any Stoner Rock band I'd be more into them...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join