It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reikuro's Art

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 02:32 PM
link   
First let me post some background info:
- I know that I am not the best artist in the world, and glady admit that compared to other members of ats/bts my art is probably one of the worst
- My drawing style usually is an anime/manga type deal (sometimes its diff)
- I find MANY flaws in my artwork and its rare for me to draw a picture that I, myself, REALLY like
- Currently I'm having alot of trouble drawing, I cant find the right inspiration and all the flaws I see just get me unmotivated (if thats a word)
- Im only 13 so...my artwork isnt that great
- I will color them as well as I can on Adobe once its re-downloaded
- and sorry if their too big, Im having troubles resizing

Now on with the drawings

This is one of the few that I REALLY like...

that one was soo difficult, it actually started o ut as me drawing a pic of Sesshoumaru (from Inuyasha) but then I got bored and erased all the Sesshy things, and added some new stuff. Then I traced the sketch and it was all nice, then I inked it (turned out "pretty good"), then I tried to ink it on to something else but then the ink bottle fell on it messing up a corner of it, so I had to stand at a window and trace it. It was SUCH a hassle but I think it turned out pretty good. (note: the orriginal looked alot better...)

A sketch I made when I was sick...or grounded...one of em...got ruined tho...

I liked that one, I had another pic somewhere showing those too guys and a girl, its for a story Im thinking of making (which probably wont happen, too lazy)

And I would post more, but Image shack isnt working for me right nwo

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 02:35 PM
link   
GAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THEY WERENT SUPPOSED TO BE THAT BIG I SWEAR!

DAMN SCANNER! >_

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Try these, Reik ...

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Probably to late now since the edit button will have dissapeared.....

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Ya, edit button is gone, but thanks anyway

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 09:07 PM
link   
i like the first one the most. i noticed that you got the 'cheekbone scribble' right

well done reiku!
i love manga

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 04:28 PM
link   
yeshums I like the first one too

I really liked the second till I tried to ink something ontop of it...bad choice there :bash:

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reikuro
Ya, edit button is gone, but thanks anyway

Nice work Reikuro.
I love to see other peoples art. If you want your opening images fixed you can u2u moderators Seekerof, astrocreep, Genya, Quicksilver or Phoenix as ask that they edit it for you.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Well alot of people seemed to like the first one so...

and more to come soon

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reikuro
Well alot of people seemed to like the first one so...

and more to come soon

didnt show up in your message babe, but I saw it when you sent me the link, good job

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I'm sure you've only just started to draw anime and I don't like to insult, I think you need more inspiration, have you tried bakaneko?

You should have a look at hedgepook's anime drawings, what I aspire to.

Hope I didn't sound too critical!

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Yeah! A fellow anime artist! ^_^
(Thanks Wendell, for the complement!)
I believe that you must first focus on proportions. Nobody likes proportioning, I hate it! But never-the-less, all aspiring artists must learn to adapt to them.
I won't criticise your drawings at the moment. Instead here's a couple of links which will definitely help you improve!
male face proportions
This is my personal fave tutorial site. The guidelines are clear, concise and give great results!

This one, you may find more helpful after following Polykarbon's tutorials for a while, but it is more detailed and the art looks neater.
Male and female, facial expressions and proportions

I hope this helps! ^^
Can you do me a favour? I would like you to practice these techniques and then post some art based off these examples. Add the same facial expressions as in your current pictures along with their hair. Feel free to take a look at some of my art for a look at some diverse, mediocre anime. ^^;

My DeviantArt page
or check out my topic posted in the guest art forum, right here on BTS. ^^
(I'll take any excuse for some cheap advertising!) lol

Also, nice avatar!

[edit on 24-2-2005 by hedgepook]

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Lately what I've been doing to try to improve my artwork is look at other peoples art work and branch off that, like draw mostly what I see but when it comes to the details do as I please, anyhows I noticed after doing that with an Inuyasha Ani-Manga (a manga that uses the anime art instead of the manga art...basicly just the Anime put in books) and then I was doodling in class one day and got a good sketch of Inuyasha's face

I drew some things today that I kinda like, Ill post em once I get my Scanner hooked up again

and the Avatar is Eclair from Kiddy Grade, I use her picture as a RPG pic, I made me and Kyoshi matching ones based on the pics we used for our RPG charas ^-^

[edit on 25-2-2005 by Reikuro]

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Were the links i posted any help then?
If you haven't checked them out, i'd strongly advise that you do. I can guarantee they will improve your art dramatically!

top topics

join