It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US population grew by over 2 million in 2016

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I pay a lot of attention to geographic trends for several reasons, mostly because I love nature, peace and quality of life, all of which can be easily destroyed by masses of people like what's being done to my home state of Washington. Anyways, the US is growing like crazy and expected to keep growing for decades. I think this will be catastrophic for the nation eventually because of the inevitable shortages of food and water (and jobs) that will occur, and side effects like stress, pollution, climate change, social disorder, housing costs rising massively in some areas, while other areas are turned into giant ghetto hellholes, like Chicago and Detroit.

One good thing about Obama was that he supported things like family planning and birth control which help keep the population from spiralling out of control. Now with the Tea Party in Control we are going to be totally screwed. Eventually, the US may become like a middle eastern country, with far too many people for the environment to support, most living short lives in squalor while a favored few live like kings. Of course that's exactly what conseratives want, regardless of how many people and animals are destroyed.

www.seattletimes.com...

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   

US population grew by over 2 million in 2016

US population grew by over 2 million illegal immigrants in 2016 thanks to president Obama
Expanded on the title a bit. Seems like the main part was left off

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Actually, the article is purely referring to birth rates.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Maybe if we stop giving citizens (and illegal immigrants, for that matter- but not a huge problem in my corner of the world) access to free money every time they pop one out, we'd stop seeing such a huge increase in poor, welfare dependent population year over year.

www.trivisonno.com...

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan
a reply to: Gothmog

Actually, the article is purely referring to birth rates.

The only mention I see about birth rates is that states with younger populations have lower death rates and higher birth rates as a benefit.
Where did the younger residents come from? It's not very clear.
edit on 1-1-2017 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   
And if we had family planning, sex education, birth control and abortion available everywhere we'd also stop seeing such a huge increase in poor, welfare dependent population.

Democrats want to bring the third world to America, Republicans want to bring America into the third world.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Overpopulation is FakeNews. Just Google "overpopulation is a myth". There is plenty of land and food to go around. Greed is the problem.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

As a fellow Pacific Northwesterner, I lament the changes happening alongside you and many other natives to the region. Portland is a joke, an amusement park. Our ocean shores and many wild spaces are being overrun. There was a big push to bring people and industry to the area without any - I still chuckle at this - plan to do it sustainably. (Ironic because that's the mantle of "liberals".)

That is why, as a "conservative", I disagree with how you characterize the problem. Neither side of the spectrum have been good environmental stewards.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Eventually, the US may become like a middle eastern country, with far too many people for the environment to support, most living short lives in squalor while a favored few live like kings.

People can always move to the sparsely populated States like Wyoming, North & South Dakota, Alaska, etc. No one can claim there isn't enough land there for more people.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Yet you democrats where ok with unfettered illegal immigration........

You bitch when politicians want a hard line on immigration calling it Xenophobic but then bitch that the population is climbing........

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   
how can a family with an income of 25k a year have 3-4 kids?
they gotta figure out how to get people using condoms.

my thoery is simple. at 12 years old every kid in the country has to have a vasectimy. then, when he is 21, he is allowed to get it reversed.

i guarentee you most men will wait till they are 25-30 at least.

and then, in 20 years, no more lower classes.

if you are making 30k a year, and you are single, willing to live in a subburb and commute to work? (and hopefully the corp gives you health insurance) then you can pretty much have fun life with a yearly vacation at 30k a year.

im broke and i have lots of fun lol. but i know how to work around money, AND i have zero.zero kids.

it sucks the lower classes go out and have 3-5 kids. i do not know many guys who are in their 20's working a corp gig with 3-5 kids with 3-5 moms.

edit on 1-1-2017 by dantanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: dantanna

You can make 25k a year and have four kids because of all of the goverment handouts.
Subsidized housing
Food stamps
W.i.c.
Earned income tax credit.

There are no consequences to having more kids than you can pay for.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
One good thing about Obama was that he supported things like family planning and birth control which help keep the population from spiraling out of control.

Talk about spin! According to the Census data, the US has grown by about 2 million annually in the Obama years:

www.multpl.com...
Nov 1, 2016 323.64 million
Jul 1, 2009 306.77 million

That's what open borders will do to you.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   

One good thing about Obama was that he supported things like family planning and birth control which help keep the population from spiralling out of control.

Yeah people eugenics is a 'good' thing.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Neither side of the spectrum have been good environmental stewards

Not true. We only have clean air and water because of democrats. The republicans want to allow pollution, mining, logging, over-development and selling off our public lands. They are completely against the environment, we even had a poster here recently make a thread that said if you care about people you have to be against the environment.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   

If it were not for the strong delusions that you suffer,
you would be embarrassed.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

While greed is a problem, failing to recognize that overpopulation is a major problem is the hallmark of ignorance and the trademark of the times.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Not true. We only have clean air and water because of democrats.

That isn't true.

A guy named Nixon created the EPA.

The only thing the left has done is outsource pollution to all parts of the globe, and killed wealth that creates jobs.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   
The white births are down in the USA The Hispanic or part hispanic births are up. I guess they need to get the Mexicans to eat our diet full of birth controlling chemistry before they come here

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: dantanna
and then, in 20 years, no more lower classes.

This is impossible. There will always be a lower class. Just because you increase the earnings of the bottom 10% doesn't mean a bottom 10% doesn't continue to exist.

it sucks the lower classes go out and have 3-5 kids. i do not know many guys who are in their 20's working a corp gig with 3-5 kids with 3-5 moms.

Actually, by income demographics it's the higher income groups that have more kids.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join