It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Baghdad Blogger's Guide to the Elections

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I just finished watching a documentary on the upcoming elections and it gives a little look behind the scenes of the elections and tries to explain what the people are feeling and gives a little detail on the election process.

It could have been a little more in depth but it was still worth watching. He managed to put a little humor into it.

www.journeyman.tv...

COMMENTARY We Iraqis had it really easy when it came to elections. For the last 30 years it was choose Saddam or go to a very uncomfortable place.In the coming days we will be asked to make a real choice for the first time. And there is probably too much to choose from.

ACTUALITY ADNAN AND JOURNALIST. Now I can give you the first ten names on the list.

COMMENTARY We must vote for a new national assembly which has 275 seats and there are thousands of people to choose from.Adnan Al-Janabi is one of these candidates and he is also running the campaign for the Iraqi List, a coalition of 11 parties led by our current Prime Minister Mr. Ayad Allawi.

COMMENTARY Al-Janabi like other people trying to run election campaigns in Iraq, is doing this for the first time.

AL-JANABI This logo has to become widely known. What it is and what it stands for.

COMMENTARY This is crucial because when we go to vote, the ballot paper will only have the logos of parties on it and not names of individuals. Confused? Well, welcome to the club.But don't panic here is the Salam Pax quick guide to Iraqi elections.

Here is a direct download link to the video:
13 minutes, 21MB

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Excellent find, AceOfBase. The film was definitely worth watching.
It shows what is on the minds of the Iraqis, what they expect from the elections, and all the speedbumps they are encountering.

The commentator. Salam Pax, was quite entertaining. I liked his presentation style. I think he did an excellent job in just 13 minutes.

You have voted AceOfBase for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have one more vote left for this month.

[edit on 28-1-2005 by jsobecky]

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
The commentator. Salam Pax, was quite entertaining. I liked his presentation style. I think he did an excellent job in just 13 minutes.

He did do a good job at keeping it upbeat and humorous.
It was kind of MTV-ish.

I'm bumping the thread for those who haven’t seen it yet.

BTW, thanks for the vote

join