It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Covenant Trailer - Prometheus Sequel/Alien Prequel

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Cant wait. 2017 will be huge with Alien Covenant, Blade Runner 2049 and Dunkirk.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I have been waiting for this.

And John Wick Ch. 2
edit on 26-12-2016 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Jungian

Some great movies coming out...this new Alien movie reminds me of Aliens same feel, I hope it is as good.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   

I hope it is amazing as it looks. Prometheus was a good movie, but I really didn't think it was worthy to be called an Alien series movie. It left so many unanswered questions as to the origin of the xenomorph. This new one looks to delve into the origins on a more specific level.

I will be making a point to see the movie the day it hits theaters.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Alien movies were so worn out concept and Prometheus was a great movie and were happy that there would be Prometheus 2.. i am VERY dissapointed if they turned prometheus into one of Alien movies.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka
Alien movies were so worn out concept and Prometheus was a great movie and were happy that there would be Prometheus 2.. i am VERY dissapointed if they turned prometheus into one of Alien movies.

Why are you disappointed?

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I will prolly watch it.

But Prometheus wasn't that good.

I've had enough of that series.

Really.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Technically Prometheus was supposed to be a prequel to Alien, so it will have to tie up the timeline eventually. If you watch, you will see the ship that Kain gets the face hugger attached to him on in the original film Alien, is the same ship in Prometheus that the team investigated. Like I said above, my only problem is that they didn't even come close to explaining the Alien origins, like they were supposed to.....

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Cant wait. 2017 will be huge

Sure looks like its a hell of alot better than this year was.

Underworld Blood wars.

xxx3

Resident evil The Final Chapter

Pirates of teh Caribbean Death something or other.

Wonder Woman

The Mummy

World War Z 2

Transformers The last knoight

Spirder man

Thor Ragnarok.

Star wars VIII.

www.movieinsider.com...

2016 absolutely sucked for movies.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   
epic, my favorite sci fi movies ever

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker
I have been waiting for this.

And John Wick Ch. 2

I wonder if he got to keep that Chevelle. It made me cry
right around 6800 RPM (Rat fan).
Great thread, OP. I pray we're all alive to see this stuff.

Back to the chase-- brother Tony would be proud. The
setup for Covenant looks just as unpalatable as the Nostromo
when the hull was starting to rapidly corrode: the WHOLE thing.

As a couple of others, I was impressed by the ensemble-- but
kind of disappointed with the execution of 'Prometheus' .

It looks hopefully like 2049 could be as good as the original Dick.
And THAT would be a feat... nobody can smirk like Joanna.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 05:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Cant wait. 2017 will be huge

Sure looks like its a hell of alot better than this year was.

Underworld Blood wars.

xxx3

Resident evil The Final Chapter

Pirates of teh Caribbean Death something or other.

Wonder Woman

The Mummy

World War Z 2

Transformers The last knoight

Spirder man

Thor Ragnarok.

Star wars VIII.

www.movieinsider.com...

2016 absolutely sucked for movies.

Underworld got old after the first 2.

Triple X was a no brain action flick, the 2nd sucked, can't see the 3rd being anything special.

The Resident Evil movie franchise is pretty boring to be fair. They all kinda became very samey.

Pirates of the Caribbean jumped the shark a while ago.

Wonder Woman is one of these franchises, like Hulk, they just can't seem to get right (not that I'm a fan of the character anyway).

I thought The Mummy looked mediocre (and why do people think it's anything to do with the Mummy series with Brendon Fraser? This is a remake of the old creature feature.

Oh a zombie movie? How 2006...

Transformers movies have become quite boring too...

Don't have high hopes.for Spiderman after the stuff I've read about casting and script.

I really wanted to like the Thor standalone movies but I just can't get into them.

But you're right, Star Wars episode VIII will be one to watch, many times over....
edit on 27/12/16 by djz3ro because: Someone stole 'The Res" from the beginning of the Mila Jovovitcb

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 06:30 AM
link   

I will watch it as I do with all the Alien franchise over and over...

This is the prequel to 'Alien'.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   

So wait, they gave us this movie instead of Prometheus 2? Bah.. I really wanted to see them visit the "Engineer's homeworld".

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   

So wait, they gave us this movie instead of Prometheus 2? Bah.. I really wanted to see them visit the "Engineer's homeworld".

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   
This is one of the most anticipated for me in 2017.

Grew up watching the Alien movies starting as a 10 year old kid. I must've seen each movie 10 times at the very least. I still remember watching when the android's head gets ripped off (Ash I think, or bishop, not sure) being mentally disturbed for weeks from that image.

As for the general criticism Prometheus got: I never really got it. It was a great movie for me. I can understand some critiques on the storytelling (pace was a bit off), but we were never supposed to get the full story in one getgo. It's going to be a trilogy (I think) similar to the Alien movies.

It's like saying you didn't like Fellowship of the Ring because they never even got to Mordor, and they spend 50% of the movie walking. Lol, come to think of it, I think I do remember some of my fiends bitching about this in the cinema after seeing it.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   
2016 gave us "Deadpool".

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 04:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
2016 gave us "Deadpool".

I can't see any of this years movies beating that to be honest. That was the best film I've seen in a long time...

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Totally agree.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I thought Prometheus didnt need any answers. I got all I needed. Kinda like Kubricks' 2001 ending. No need to know. Its just a fantastic idea that she ventured on into the unknown in the end of Prometheus. Like the end of Close Encounters of The Third Kind. Just lovely.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join