It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mag 7.7 CHILE....plus Tsunami warning for Pacific....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Sorry to report this bad news...but heads up for the follow up....possible pacific tsunami at this stage....

See usgs reports....

earthquake.usgs.gov...

see here

More news soon

Stay safe folks....

edit on 25/12/2016 by shaneR because: Links

edit on 25/12/2016 by shaneR because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: shaneR

M7.7 - 40km SW of Puerto Quellon, Chile
2016-12-25 14:22:27 UTC
43.417°S 73.897°W

33.0 km depth

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Tsunami threatptwc.weather.gov...ptwc.weather.gov..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">http...://ptwc.weather.gov/a reply to: shaneR

edit on 25-12-2016 by whywhynot because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-12-2016 by whywhynot because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Oh wow...that's a big one....stay safe everyone ...will be watching the tsunami warnings.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I really wish TA would show up soon to give his take on everything.... Stay safe, all...

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537
TA and puter are already discussing here www.abovetopsecret.com... When a big earthquake happens I always go to that thread

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThePeaceMaker
TA and puter are already discussing here www.abovetopsecret.com... When a big earthquake happens I always go to that thread

Ahh, very nice.. thanks!

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Well I did post this in QuakeWatch, and saw it come in on my rig. What I am concerned about is this happened literally right after a 5.4 hit Chile further north. So I am seriously hoping these aren't foreshocks. I haven't seen any aftershocks yet, and that is not good.

Btw, I intentionally did not post a thread on this to give some other people a chance.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

Hi True American.....thanx so much for popping past with your take on this event...

Foreshocks...??? Ouch....

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Quake was 'shallow', hopefully people along the coast are heading for high ground.

Runnn!

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: shaneR

Tsunami threat to HAWAII has been cancelled...

.EVALUATION THE PACIFIC TSUNAMI WARNING CENTER HAS ISSUED A TSUNAMI THREAT MESSAGE FOR OTHER PARTS OF THE PACIFIC LOCATED CLOSER TO THE EARTHQUAKE. HOWEVER... BASED ON ALL AVAILABLE DATA THERE IS NO TSUNAMI THREAT TO HAWAII. REPEAT. BASED ON ALL AVAILABLE DATA THERE IS NO TSUNAMI THREAT TO HAWAII

See here....PTWC.... ptwc.weather.gov...

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   
The waves are coming, here ETA for locations in Chile. (Local Time). One hour before the time predicted first.

SANTIAGO.-the Onemi reported them hour estimated of the train of waves that should get to the coasts of the Region of them Lakes, by the strong earthquake of 7.6 degrees Richter in Melinka, that motivated an alert of tsunami.

He strong movement quake was to them 11:24 hours, with epicenter at 67 km to the NOT of Melinka and to a depth of 30 km, according to the Center seismological national.

According to the threat of tsunami, the estimated hours of arrival would be the following.

"No include locations with State of precaution, to the beach areas of the regions of bio-bio, Araucanía, Los Ríos and aysen", the Onemi said.

Melinka: 12:21

Bahía Mansa: 12:35

Lebu: 12:46

Ancud: 12:48

Corral: 12:50

Queule: 13:04

Talcahuano: 13:07

Coronel: 13:14

Isla Quiriquina 13:19

Pto Montt 13:38

Castro 14:00

Puerto Chacabuco 16:17

www.emol.com... l
edit on 25-12-2016 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-12-2016 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Ringing like a bell- earthquake.usgs.gov...

Remembering 12/26/04, let's hope another one is not in the offing.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Note: there have been some aftershocks, small, but they are there. I just can't see them because the closest station I have at the moment is some 800+ km away from the epicenter area. But that's actually a good thing, imo, now not so worried these might be foreshocks.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Waves about to hit first location in the list in 10 minutes or less.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I need to get out of southern California!

I can't wait to get back home, this place is making me nervous.

I know chili is not SoCal but I know California is way overdue and the ring of fire has been active.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Big lines of cars by gas stations, real deal. Government doing all they can.
www.emol.com...

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Tsunami alert cancelled, thank God.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman
Thanks for the links,
I had to translate the words though
The pictures are the usual stuff, buckled and broken roads, shop debris on the floor.

SANTIAGO.- The Ministry of Public Works (MOP) reported that it will analyze who is responsible for the damage suffered by Route 5 South, following the 7.6 ° Richter earthquake in Melinka, Aysen Region. The road suffered severe damage at the height of the Tarahuin crossing, km. 1,217, and is cut by a tunnel. Other problems were detected in some surrounding roads. After a meeting of the Emergency Committee in the Onemi, the holder of the portfolio, Alberto Undurraga, said that he will travel to the area on Sunday to assess the damage caused by the strong earthquake that originated at 11:22 hours at a depth of Only 30 kms. "The effort of the first day is to restore connectivity and in the following days we will see if there is any kind of responsibility or simply force majeure," he said. "The teams on the ground say that it is not possible to immediately fix the bridge, so there will be a by pass to restart Queilen's road and restore connectivity to the north," added the Secretary of State. According to Undurraga, the on-the-ground analysis will determine how long it will take to recover connectivity. Although he pointed out that the by pass could be in 48 hours

Source: Emol.com - www.emol.com... Ruta-5-tras-earthquake-en-Melinka.html

Maybe it's the translation but it reads that Alberto Undurraga, being a typical politician is looking for someone to blame,
as if it is "someones" fault? duh

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 05:04 AM
link   
I believe there is no longer a tsunami threat for this event.
Thank God

I just checked the tsunami warning centre

top topics

<<   2 >>

join