It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump To Close Foundation To Avoid Potential Conflicts Of Interest

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Trump is going to avoid conflicts of interest by dissolving the Trump Foundation !!

Seems already a few events have been at least semi-cancelled.

Probably a good move.

Donald Trump To Close Foundation To Avoid Potential Conflicts Of Interest

President-elect Donald Trump will close his foundation, he announced on Saturday.

The decision is part of a series of moves that appear aimed at resolving some of the most glaring potential conflicts of interest that his business and philanthropic empire poses. But he’s still stopping short of what top ethics experts recommend, The New York Times reported on Saturday.

The businessman plans to donate the holdings of the Trump Foundation, his charity fund, and then disband it, a change first reported by the Times. The news follows a decision by his second son Eric Trump to suspend operations of his charity after a nonprofit that he and his brother Donald Trump Jr. lead received negative attention for auctioning off access to the president-elect.

2nd Source

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Probably a good move.

Ya think? It mainly took charity from other charities and moved it out so Trump could take credit. It is a fairly good idea to close it.

Also before people go to track down the painting and the trip to Paris.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Having seen all the advantages that operating a "Charity" have provided the Clintons and Trump, I'm thinking about opening up one of my own.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

Probably a good move.

Ya think? It mainly took charity from other charities and moved it out so Trump could take credit. It is a fairly good idea to close it.

That has to be your personal opinion, unless you can provide right now evidence to support what you just wrote. I bet you can't.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Which is a shame since St. Judes cancer research benefitted greatly.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454
Blame the Clinton's, their stink has ruined so many people and things.

Chalk this fatality to the scotched earth policy win at all cost Clinton's and their crooked foundation.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Trump is going to avoid conflicts of interest by dissolving the Trump Foundation !!
Probably a good move.

Meaningless gesture.

He just doesn't want the name "Foundation" connected with Trump, because there is a "Clinton Foundation" and an "Obama Foundation" to compare with. Makes it harder to attack those Foundations, when you've got one of your own.

But, what does Trump need a Foundation for? He's got so many ways to collect funds through all his business enterprises, he doesn't need a special "Foundation" for this.

Now, let Trump close down all his relationships to all these other 500 businesses in 25 countries, then that will be impressive.

It will show he means business.

Until then, it's just politics. Trying to distinguish himself from the other guys.

But, behind the scenes, doing the same things, under a different disguise.

edit on 24-12-2016 by AMPTAH because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

Or....... Maybe........ He actually wants to be a good president. My God imagine that!?

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

It's been posted on ATS about 50 times. I don't need to.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Trump foundation does great works like paying FL attorney generals a $25,000 to block an investigation. Well as long as the foundation remains under investigation then completely dissolving it will be tough if not against the law.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   
The topic is not each other. Please keep to the topic.

Do not reply to this message.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: xuenchen

Trump foundation does great works like paying FL attorney generals a $25,000 to block an investigation. Well as long as the foundation remains under investigation then completely dissolving it will be tough if not against the law.

I know, right? And only 10% goes to charity......oh wait, that's the Clinton Foundation......never mind.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Yes you need to do that. Otherwise your post is invalid at all.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Pretty sure that is wrong, but what does it matter? I didn't see the op posting about Clinton.......in this thread.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

Yes you need to do that. Otherwise your post is invalid at all.

It has been posted here and it has been exposed in many articles. I have seen them.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

Probably a good move.

That has to be your personal opinion, unless you can provide right now evidence to support what you just wrote. I bet you can't.

The Trump Foundation is classifed as a private family foundation. However, Trump's own contributions were last heard of in 2008.
This how you be a philantropist for free, you use somebody else's money, while your name is on the cheque.
I wouldn't be surprised if the Vets fund raiser, (which only happened because because of a row with Fox) is somehow tied into the payouts. Apart from that, the foundation money has been used for political purposes in Florida, and for buying a lifesize portrait of himself. Trump is a scam artist, his foundation is a scam and a disgrace, while any right-minded individual should have nothing to do with it or him. However folks will always have to learn the hard way...and just wait to see what money making schemes, (for him) comes up in his Presidency...like ordinary nine to fives investing their dimes in real estate...preferably his real estate that owes billions..

edit on 24-12-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joneselius
a reply to: AMPTAH

Or....... Maybe........ He actually wants to be a good president. My God imagine that!?

I'm pretty sure he wants both. To be considered a good president, and to get richer in the process.

In Trump's mind, these shouldn't be mutually exclusive things.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join