It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN urges end to Israeli settlements

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   

UN Security Council passes resolution urging end to Israeli settlements, after US refuses to use veto.

The motion was passed with 14 votes in favour and one abstention.
The Egyptian-drafted resolution had been withdrawn after Israel asked Donald Trump to intervene but it was proposed again by Malaysia, New Zealand, Senegal and Venezuela.
The US has traditionally sheltered Israel from condemnatory resolutions.
The issue of Jewish settlements is one of the most contentious between Israel and the Palestinians, who see them as an obstacle to peace.
About 500,000 Jews live in about 140 settlements built since Israel's 1967 occupation of the West Bank and East Jerusalem. The settlements are considered illegal under international law, though Israel disputes this.

UN urges end to Israeli settlements

Wow, this just coming in, so not much detail on it, but Israel are not happy with Obama as he failed to veto the resolution.

I read yesterday that Donald Trump was urging the U.S to veto the resolution, but it looks like Obama decided to give the resolution the BIG thumbs up.

I'm sure Trump will overturn this as he has already hinted that he will take the U.S relationship with Israel to a new level, but this is great news as far as I am concerned.
edit on 23/12/16 by Cobaltic1978 because: To add more content from the limk

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Ooooh another one, can't wait to see what happens with this one.

Wonder what the wording was; maybe they "strongly urge them to comply," or maybe they're "really, really asking them to stop."

It's a charade, no one is gonna go against money.

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I can’t believe it. Obama has finally done something decent

The US traditionally shelters their crazy puppy dog Israel from their illegal acts by protecting them in the UN.

Here Obama has done something right for a change. Amazing.

But like the OP says crazy Trump will likely amp up the protection of evil Israel and in fact this act by Obama is a message that he will do it

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   
A UN resolution regarding Israel, well that's certain to work now isn't it. I mean Israel always allows the UN to formulate its national strategy.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Since when did Israel care about UN resolutions expect operation Kosher Caterpillar in response

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Obama hates Jews Israelis and Netanyahu especially. The settlements today add up to a tiny percentage of what Mizrahi and Sephardic Israelis got stolen from them in land and wealth by the Arabs

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   

after US refuses to use veto.

Better late than never Barack.
It's way past time the UN did more than urge an end to and took steps against Israel for its flagrant flouting of UN Resolutions.
Israel can't be exempt from international law.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

Obama hates Jews Israelis and Netanyahu especially.

You are on the money here.

And Screw the UN, they are a worthless gaggle of corruption.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Well that would be of interest if my name was Richard the Lionheart but this is 2016 recent developments feature the British empire confiscating the entire middle east then with the Balfour declaration of 1916 setting the ground work divvying up the middle east in Israels case in 1948,if you study maps since then it is the Palestinian territories even in the last two decades that are shrinking rapidly.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron
Ooooh another one, can't wait to see what happens with this one.

Wonder what the wording was; maybe they "strongly urge them to comply," or maybe they're "really, really asking them to stop."

It's a charade, no one is gonna go against money.

Of course it's a charade, but the Zionist Rothschilds who own Israel, won't be particularly happy about it, because people are debating it and more people are waking up to the charade.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Good.

The Terror State of Israel is on borrowed time anyways.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

Obama hates Jews Israelis and Netanyahu especially. The settlements today add up to a tiny percentage of what Mizrahi and Sephardic Israelis got stolen from them in land and wealth by the Arabs

Yeah of course, and as the Old Testament said, an eye for an eye.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
Good.

The Terror State of Israel is on borrowed time anyways.

That has been said for a very long time and Israel is still in existence. Has something you have seen or heard lead you to believe that things are about to change?

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

It's way past time the UN did more than urge an end to and took steps against Israel for its flagrant flouting of UN Resolutions.

I absolutely concur, but as we have seen when it comes to the state of Israel, they always dodge a bullet.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum

The Jews have been hounded out of the ME and north africa what should they do in return be nice to the enemy that if one false move occurs murder another six million. Oh yeah smart idea. What's good for the goose is good for the gander, Arabs have stolen 100 x the wealth of the settlements from the Jews in th epast 100 years, screw the Arabs in Judea and Samaria time to understand the phrase cashback

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I'm just curious, was it a british mandate that afforded a zionist policy in that region?

Or was that the birth of a zionist policy?

I'll thumb-wrestle myself while I think about it...

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

In October 2012 Kissenger said,'ín 10 years there will be no more Israel'

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: loveguy
I'm just curious, was it a british mandate that afforded a zionist policy in that region?

Or was that the birth of a zionist policy?

I'll thumb-wrestle myself while I think about it...

Oh it was a British policy. We actually run the world and Trump is our man, I thought every good conspiracy theorist new that.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

LOL, that is a joke.

Why don't we hear from the UN's Human Rights Council (Saudi Arabia). That alone destroys any credibility that sh!thole organization has.

Anyway, we can solve the crisis. 1.7 million Palestinians in the Gaza Strip and 2.5 million Palestinians in the West Bank.....

Europe is open, start moving them.

(Oh, and don't ask Jordan how that worked out when they tried that)
edit on 23-12-2016 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

Well aside Operation Freedom Syria 🇸🇾 and the end of Hegemony in the Middle East which has been used to create (and failed in doing so) Greater Israel...

Put simply the world is waking up... By the millions.
Social media has been a thorn in the Israeli establishment hence their repeated attempts to silence people.
More and more countries recognise Palestine every year and soon it will just be the U.S that doesn't.
BreakingTheSilence (look them up) grows by the day, as do TrueTorahJews (look them up as well)...
It's only a matter of time before Israel has no friends or power...

It's why their paid Hasbara trolls worked so hard this recent election.
They've bought a little time with Trump.

But not enough to fulfil their dreams.

Next up Saudi Arabia 🇸🇦.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join