It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd Story: FBI, Man Was building death-ray machine/Gets 30 years for terrorist conviction

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

But those fake drugs are based on something that we know exists. Would the FBI arrest me If I bought a shark and put a laser pointer on its head in an attempt to make a frickin shark with frickin laser beams.....Throw me a frickin' bone here!

What I am trying to say is that he had to of been making something that might-possibly-maybe, if the stars where in alignment, have worked.

Or maybe not. I don't know.
edit on 22-12-2016 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: karmicecstasy

True, I would think that there has to be something more to the story. The guy sounds like a nut, but some of the brightest ones are the oddest ones.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   
30 years is more than half a lifetime. Consider your average idiot spends the first 20 in school.

Either they're making an example out of him, or they're incompetent, Or they're locking up someone else for that long while he goes on to work in the secret lab.

The second option seems most likely. Make an example out of someone- the gallows don't work, try locking them up for the rest of their useful life.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac
Odd story.
The job he held makes me wonder what he was up to. We will never know, maybe that's a good thing.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Looks like a microwave oven.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

It does, an old big one.

Wonder what he was doing to it?

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   
This guy probably got his death-ray ideal from this movie.... Fast Forward to 10:40.

www.youtube.com...

edit on 22-12-2016 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I just want to know if he really knew how to build a death ray. Eveything else, meh. Dont care.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: karmicecstasy
a reply to: Lysergic

But those fake drugs are based on something that we know exists. Would the FBI arrest me If I bought a shark and put a laser pointer on its head in an attempt to make a frickin shark with frickin laser beams.....Throw me a frickin' bone here!

What I am trying to say is that he had to of been making something that might-possibly-maybe, if the stars where in alignment, have worked.

Or maybe not. I don't know.

Youre about to get a knock on the door about those sharks with laser beams. Never tell the internet!

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Well bless his heart. Maybe he'll be liberated upon appeal.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Is it just me, or does his "death ray" look like a microwave on steroids?

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Sounds like it was a kangaroo court that got this guy. How stupid can any judge be to convict someone based on fantasy land material. Oh, but he had bad intentions so throw the book at him.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: ezramullins

Poor strange "kkk and Musilum" connected weird guy.

Does anyone else find it funny how all the buzz words were hit so it would "outrage" the public?

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Clearly he's not a Muslim extremist, it should have said Christian extremist. The source has screwed up.

I think anti-Muslim extremist is more appropriate than Christian extremist. You don't have to be Christian to dislike Islam.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

Looks like a microwave oven.

Yes, or parts from one, like this---

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   
The CIA are rumored to have been in possession of Microwave weapon's for a considerable time despite inumerable online papers talking about such research going no where, they work just like a microwave oven but can be extremely directional and actually long range.

Can be used to cause a Seizure like an epileptic fit or brain embolism causing permanent damage by internally heating the target's brain or heart and many of these early prototype assassination device's would used two seperate projector's and they would be calibrated to cross at the target's location were they would combine there waveform's causing the necessary energy to be projected onto or rather into the target subject.

Lower energy devices, less lethal but no less harmful can cause neurological disfunction including memory wipe's and memory loss as well as less severe siezure's and the victim experiencing lost time etc and they can also be used to interfere with other portion's of the subject's nervous system.

Two reason's for his sentence.
He was plotting Treason against an elected president of the united state's and that carry's a very stiff penalty even if his method was not going to work as he had stated the intent and began to attempt to provide the necessary tool's with which to carry out his fantasy.
He may have stepped on the wrong toes and depending upon what he was creating's may have infringed some admittedly ancient classified technology which while not treason does fall under the US secret's and defence law's.

But to be fair this guy was dangerous so it is probably for the best that he is behind bar's, probably had a long history of prior offences as well given the severity of the sentance although he could just have been the victim of a hanging judge having a bad day.

edit on 23-12-2016 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Urantia1111

just goes to show as to what happens when you are in competition with the government .

top topics

<< 1   >>

join