It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

post limits

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

theres nothing to stop anyone posting as often as they like right now, hence this thread. when i'm perusing the forum and see the same person post 4 of the first 10 replies in all the most recent threads i've often thought something like a post limiter should be applied

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Emit1

Probably easier to skip over whomever it is than place arbitrary limits on people because of personal preferences.

edit on 22-12-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Zazz 2020!

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   

they wouldnt be arbitrary, decided by the owners/modz and whoever else would like to vote on it, members etc

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Except this is not a democracy, the owners make the calls on what the rules are here.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   
If there will come a limitation of posting post I will offer my post that I've got left to the highest bidder.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   

I'm confused - why would you want to do this?

Seems as if there is a certain someone(s) whom you think posts too much, replies or threads.

Is that true?

If so - Just ignore them like everyone else does in those cases. Why would you want to restrict the free flow of thoughts and discussions here? It's not like you have to worry about disk space on the ATS servers or something.

Please help me understand.

Thanks.
edit on 12/22/2016 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Just ignore them like everyone else does in those cases. Why would you want to restrict the free flow of thoughts and discussions here?

imo if this were implemented it would improve the free flow of discussions here by removing the ability of serial spammers to carry on as they do. do you consider the numbers i suggested in the op as restrictive to anyone but the folks everyone is having to ignore?

anyways it's just an idea i thought i'd throw out there, might ease the load on mods as a side effect also

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   

My goodness why?

I've been known to post upwards of 100 times a day, I don't very often, but I've been known to.

If people have stuff to say, then say it. Thread starts are, obviously, the life blood of ATS. Without 'em, what's the point?

Post in only ten threads a day...? How boring would that be?

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Emit1
spammers to carry on as they do. do you consider the numbers i suggested in the op as restrictive to anyone but the folks everyone is having to ignore?

I posted more than 100 times today. There were some good threads and I enjoyed participating.

The 'serial spammers' get modded out anyway. I don't worry about them.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Emit1

they wouldnt be arbitrary, decided by the owners/modz and whoever else would like to vote on it, members etc

We already have all the restrictions we need on posts:
Terms and Conditions of Use

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 07:30 AM
link   
NO!

Have you seen some of the real time current event threads?

We depend on people that are there to give updates. Limiting them would hurt ATS. We have great MODS that take care of the rift raft. If you see something wrong alert it but don't limit others for the wrong reasons.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: EightAhoy
I'd like to see a score showing how many of an OP's threads were moved to Hoax bin/Trash bin. Maybe a score plus icon representing depicting a time bandit.

I would like to see stats showing lol, hoax threads members posted.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

If you click on the posters profile there will be a list of threads started for each forum on the left hand side.

edit on 23-12-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Zazz 2020!

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a new year, a new 1/2 dozen spamlords..just sayin

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join