It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

whiskey tango foxtrot walmart has that nintendo i always wanted in stock

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 06:30 AM
link   
but check out the price www.walmart.com...

o wanted to get one for my neighbors kids but its a 59.99 dollar game console so how it walmart getting away with charging 379 for an 8 bit game console. i always new they were greedy hell when i worked retail and the tickle me elmos first came out i threw a case on layaway before they even hit the shelves and made a pretty penny off of it but i thought retailers were not allowed to price gouge over set price like that.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 06:32 AM
link   
It isn't sold & shipped by them.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 06:36 AM
link   
You should have seen Amazon right after the launch. There was one I saw offered for $999.99

Don't feed the scalpers.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 06:37 AM
link   
It's this years christmas "must have" item, I got my girlfriend to get me the Sega Megadrive version, Or Sega Genesis as it was known in the USA, Theres some excellent games included with it, I'll keep my eye out and see if the NES can be bought for a decent price in a few months time, But for now im happy with the mega drive
Back in the early 90's it won the console war here in the UK, but i never had one, I had to make do with the 8 bit Master System, so im looking forward to experiencing the power of 16 bits with Blast Processing

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: proteus33

200 for the same thing on Amazon

Knockoffs too, at 59.99, sans games.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: proteus33
but check out the price www.walmart.com...

o wanted to get one for my neighbors kids but its a 59.99 dollar game console so how it walmart getting away with charging 379 for an 8 bit game console. i always new they were greedy hell when i worked retail and the tickle me elmos first came out i threw a case on layaway before they even hit the shelves and made a pretty penny off of it but i thought retailers were not allowed to price gouge over set price like that.

Yeaaaaahhhhh a system that cost 350 when you can buy the wiiu and basically buy each game for 6 dollars including super nes, game cube,wii and wiiu games.

That nes console is way smaller then the actual system. Lol 50 dollars for an nes controller? Wtf it was glitchy at best back in those days lol.

Here here get your childhood back only 350 dollars!
Spiderman tighty whities, cereal and virginity sold separately!

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Underoos?!
edit on 12/21/2016 by jappee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 07:06 AM
link   
My friend works at Target. He rages and rages on people who buy them just to resell them for triple what they're worth, when somebody who would honestly enjoy it and use it could have bought it. He also rages on the manufactured shortage of them so that happens.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: jappee

Underoos?!

Underwear, nuthuggers yeah not boxer or boxer briefs. Underoos wtf that sounds like some strange furry fetish type ish but hey different cultures I guess.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I still have the original....and the games. Still works and we still play it from time to time. Although, I wouldn't mind having one of those, just to save wear and tear on this one.
edit on 21-12-2016 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 07:12 AM
link   
wow just wow, Maybe they Should Learn the DOG in DuckHunt to Sit !!!

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 07:12 AM
link   

It's almost as if there's been a void since the 80's and no such thing as emulators and roms have existed while fans of 80's gaming have been patiently waiting for Nintendo/Sega to release 30 year old games on non customisable restrictive systems and expect people to pay near next gen console prices for them

How to Build a Raspberry Pi Retro Game Console for $35

Not saying you should do this, but screw Nintendo and their restrictive console and artificial demand by only sending 3 units to a shop
edit on 21/12/16 by Discotech because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: digital01anarchy

Underoos?!

Underwear, nuthuggers yeah not boxer or boxer briefs. Underoos wtf that sounds like some strange furry fetish type ish but hey different cultures I guess.

Yes a fetish, but a childhood one...

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Serously why rage when you can make money? If people are dumb enough to think for a second that they will feel just like they did the first got the nes console they are in for a massive letdown. The systems will drop in price fast and the true fans will buy them up at a fraction of the cost.

I loved my nes at the time i had it but we are talking about a time when you didnt worry about money, sex or time. Life was easy and the internet wasnt around yet. Life was just starting out and the possibilities seemed endless and exciting you cant get that feeling back with 350 dollars in your 30's its over and even if its just about the games 15 minutes in you will understand why you no longer play nes games. lol intense sweating and unforgiving glitchy game play. With controllers at 50 dollars i feel the urge to slam the controller out of nerd rage will halt quickly.

Also i wonder if the cartridges will function correctly? The old nes was prone connection problems and a method to make it work was required. Damn near everyone had a different method to make their nes work. Some people blew on the cartridges and some people inserted them in a way only they knew worked.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: digital01anarchy

Underoos?!

Yes a fetish, but a childhood one...

Wow i didnt have those! Born in the early 80's i just remember underwear with pictures of spiderman or superman not some underwear suit called underoos. I'am talking to my mother about this. Maybe i will buy a pair and creep out the neighborhood lol. Answer the door for mormans in my extremely small underoos with a beer gut and chesthair poppin out with a big bowl of cereal and a plastic broken sword of he-man.

Visualize it, do it!

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: tikbalang
wow just wow, Maybe they Should Learn the DOG in DuckHunt to Sit !!!

Don't lie and answer these questions.
How many times did you shoot at that dog when he laughed at you for missing? Wishing just for once that smug laughing dog would digitally take that bullet.
Also after that ahole laughed how close did the gun controller get to the screen?
edit on 21-12-2016 by digital01anarchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   
emulator ftw

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   
this is just an expensive plug n play. loaded games on a hard drive take a way the memory of blowing in to the cartage like a harmonica to get it to work. i'm sure that was part of the game was to just get it to play.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: digital01anarchy

I MADE THIS!

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

Im gonna wait until they get sold as second hand and buy one, then make it into a raspberry..

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join