It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you could go back in time 10,000 years.......

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 02:42 PM
link   
and leave behind 1 item to benefit mankind, what would it be ?

(please assume time travel is possible, you can get in and out without being detected)

for example, "I'd leave behind a fishing pole so they can learn how to catch more fish"

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I'd like to leave a camera, so we could see all of the things that are great mysteries to us now.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I'd leave behind drawings of aliens and UFOs, just to screw with the people of today!

EDIT: Spelling.

[edit on 1/27/2005 by cmdrkeenkid]

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Good question! I'm gonna go with a Bic lighter. Not one of those crappy lighters that has a 1 ft. tall flame the first time you use it, and by the third time it's 1/8" tall. Man I hate that!!!!

Peace

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 02:48 PM
link   
i would leave a ....... ummmm...... well i would leave plans/skematics of future technologie and science so we could advance quicker.

lol weird topic

Blessed be

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I would leave a stopwatch with a huge capacity for time display and a gigantuous battery made to last 10000 years so that I could prove once and for all that the earth is older than 6000 years.....

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 02:50 PM
link   

I'd leave behind drawings of aliens and UFOs, just to screw with the people of today!

Oh man - that was great, I literally LOL. That would certainly screw with peoples heads!

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I agree This is a good question.

I guess I'd leave a tablet written in multiple laguages, like the rosetta stone, that offered facts that we have learned over the past couple of hundred years. Like information about the planet, the solar system, number of planets how the earth revolvles around the sun etc. math and science theories, health and medical information.

Phae

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I would leave a book written in the native language of the people of the time. Some things contained in the book would be

Basic Modern

Math
Medical science
Chemistry
Metal work

Maps of the earth and solar system

Oh and the warning not to use as kindling for a fire

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Nothing because nothing would benefit us, because it would be destroyed within 1,000 years by us resulting in no benefit, but only temporarily.
If I could go back in time, I'd stop the Library of Alexandria from being destroyed because that is perhaps the greatest tragedy to ever happen to the knowledge and progress of mankind.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 04:49 PM
link   
It would drive the archaeologists mad trying to find out which Pharaoh this is

Odd

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I would leave a can of
; when an archaeologist digs that sucker up in a 10,000-year-old stratum and carbon-dates it to ten millennia old, it will raise some very interesting questions.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I would leave a Furby. I think ancient man would presume it was some sort of God and begin to worship it until its batteries ran out. Today, we would not have Jesus, Budda, or Mohammed, but instead a little creature with a round beak telling knock-knock jokes.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I'd take advantage of this and use it as a way to get rid of all my AOL free trial CD's. I've got enough of them to build a fence.

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I think i would leave a box full of notebooks with a bunch of modern technology explained in it... then i would have a note warning of 911, and a pda with tons of batteries and a video of 911 on it...

-Bengy

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I would leave behind an indestructable book telling how, everyone should worship cats, and me with a date of my birth.That stated if they didnt believe in the great gods or the great god Ikay

new topics

top topics

join